Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

TPC

My speculation

confirmed: 

Saw, Living Nightmare, Platform 15, Containment 

speculation for other 6 attractions;

1. Blair Witch(basically confirmed) 

2. Sanctum( relocation or different walking dead maze)

3. Walking Dead The Ride comes Alive

4. Zombie Hunt reopens 

5. Roaming Actors/ Scare Zone 

6. Cinema Show 

I hope I'm wrong but I don’t think we will see more than 2 new mazes. I think the majority of them will be experiences or ‘encounters’ as they describe it. 

With there being potentially 6 new experiences and 6 days (including the 11th) left until this big announcement, it would be awesome if the park could give a cryptic tease about what each thing is..

Also, the website has updated, saying mazes open at 3pm, not 12pm as originally listed.

2 minutes ago, ChiapasC. said:

With there being potentially 6 new experiences and 6 days (including the 11th) left until this big announcement, it would be awesome if the park could give a cryptic tease about what each thing is..

Also, the website has updated, saying mazes open at 3pm, not 12pm as originally listed.

It would be really terrific is somebody could just make their mind up about what on earth they are doing. The erraticness of the delivery this year, from changing times to spelling errors to managing to copy Universal Studio’s marketing campaign is just painful. I have no doubt that the additional six days until announcement gives them six more days to determine what they can realistically deliver. It baffles me that every other resort or attraction across the globe have the confidence, knowledge and marketing strategies to announce their line ups with months until the event to allow for significant pre-book numbers and upsell opportunities. 

Once again, Thorpe Park’s Fright Nights screams last minute and rushed.

On 8/21/2018 at 1:43 PM, Marhelorpe said:

Nah, sod Asylum or Experiment 10, the maze everyone wants back for 2018 is the amazing ‘The Passing’ of course! Always missed those highly detailed white-painted walls, UV death certificate and the £3 up-charge, all with a black bag over your head the entire time, hiding your eyes from Hellgate’s previous theming.

But, admittedly, 2010’s ‘Dead End Terror Zone’ is the one that needs to come back more than any other. Nothing screamed “2nd to Disney” quality more than a single actor jumping out from behind Mr. Giraffe with a Tesco Value Halloween mask on their face.

Ah, those were the days... ?

I wouldn’t joke about that you know!! ? 

3 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Prediction - 10 Halloween attractions altogether.

1. Living Nightmare

2. Saw: Alive

3. Platform 15

4. Containment

5. 4D show in angry birds cinema

6. Sanctum as a scare zone in big top site

7. Walking Dead: the Ride Extreme

8-9. Scare zone (one in swarm island)

10. Late night experience

Don’t forget Blair witch! Reckon that’s guaranteed now lol.

34 minutes ago, Coaster said:

I mean, record number of scare attractions sounds good on paper but they're probably counting things like Walking Dead The Ride etc...

That’s not a bad thing if the experience is differnt enough Tbf - I think was mentioned earlier they did similar with saw the ride comes alive - and that was no different to when they had actors in the queue line!

On 9/5/2018 at 10:49 PM, mrmatt said:

My speculation

confirmed: 

Saw, Living Nightmare, Platform 15, Containment 

speculation for other 6 attractions;

1. Blair Witch(basically confirmed) 

2. Sanctum( relocation or different walking dead maze)

3. Walking Dead The Ride comes Alive

4. Zombie Hunt reopens 

5. Roaming Actors/ Scare Zone 

6. Cinema Show 

I hope I'm wrong but I don’t think we will see more than 2 new mazes. I think the majority of them will be experiences or ‘encounters’ as they describe it. 

But then why would Thorpe say "6 new mazes"? If it's not mazes, they should not advertise it as that. Frankly, it sounds like they don't know what they are doing and still making decisions on what they can actually produce.

There's a reason why every other resort, park and entertainment place have advertised their line up already, and that's not to build tension. This is supposed to be a premier event in the UK, but it's acting like some half arsed, unplanned, shove lots of experience in at little cost and quality, and rely on the rides to bring people in. I think it's amazing they have brought the fan favorites back, so we'll see Big Top right, because that was more of a favorite than Blair witch, right? Or is it just poor marketing from the team... again. Hopefully this announcement will be spelling mistake free on the 11th, or when ever they decide.

14 hours ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Prediction - 10 Halloween attractions altogether.

1. Living Nightmare

2. Saw: Alive

3. Platform 15

4. Containment

5. 4D show in angry birds cinema

6. Sanctum as a scare zone in big top site

7. Walking Dead: the Ride Extreme

8. Swarm Scare zone 

9. Blair Witch

10. Late night experience

I think we will see zombie hunt return amongst that lot...

2 hours ago, danhabbi said:

I think we will see zombie hunt return amongst that lot...

Though doesn’t that use the space of platform 15 or Blair witch?

Also, I really hope that there is more going on in platform 15 this year. The house addition is nice but the start and end need serious help, too much walking around with nothing happening. That and the train scene is anticlimactic to say the least..