Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

TPC

5 minutes ago, adam_sparks1 said:

So what clues we got from this...

Big Top at the start... Did recognise the 3 people walking too , but can't put my head on it. Guessing middle video was Blaire? Idk.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The 3 people walking are from platform 15

Why is everyone on this forum so sour about fright nights this year.. they haven’t even announced the full lineup yet. And I couldn’t care what people reply with saying stuff like “well they got rid of the big top so it’s awful” or “fright nights isn’t good go to tulleys” GOOD FOR YOU! 

I enjoy fright nights even if the maze aren’t great. It’s still a good laugh and I’m gonna go to the event quite a lot this year. 

If someone could reply with something positive about the event this year then that would give me hope to stay on this forum page.. 

Why is everyone on this forum so sour about fright nights this year.. they haven’t even announced the full lineup yet. And I couldn’t care what people reply with saying stuff like “well they got rid of the big top so it’s awful” or “fright nights isn’t good go to tulleys” GOOD FOR YOU! 

I enjoy fright nights even if the maze aren’t great. It’s still a good laugh and I’m gonna go to the event quite a lot this year. 

If someone could reply with something positive about the event this year then that would give me hope to stay on this forum page.. 
If the rumoured line up of Saw, Living Nightmare, Blair Witch, Santum and Platform 15 is true then why should anyone be excited? Admittedly Sanctum is a rumour but it's looking like the ratio of indoor mazes to outdoor mazes is about 50/50 so for what reason are you so optimistic?

49 minutes ago, ben199 said:
2 hours ago, ItzAdam said:

If the rumoured line up of Saw, Living Nightmare, Blair Witch, Santum and Platform 15 is true then why should anyone be excited? Admittedly Sanctum is a rumour but it's looking like the ratio of indoor mazes to outdoor mazes is about 50/50 so for what reason are you so optimistic?

The key words ;)

50 minutes ago, ben199 said:
2 hours ago, ItzAdam said:

Thought I’d get this. And no.. that’s not the final lineup. I’m optimistic because of the “record amount of mazes” Now they’re not gonna straight up lie about what they say. You’ve only counted six mazes.. that ain’t  a record amount.. there will be more..

also - scare zones, there’s never been scare zones at fright nights (to my knowledge) so that’s something to be optimistic about. 

Is it a bad thing that I enjoy the walking dead? No.. it’s not. Ugh 

guys please stay with thorpe til the 11th ATLEAST. 

8 hours ago, ItzAdam said:

Now they’re not gonna straight up lie about what they say. You’ve only counted six mazes.. that ain’t  a record amount.. there will be more..

I would love to agree with you but the reality is there is no construction to suggest we're getting any more mazes.

The event is a month away now and if we were to receive any more mazes we probably would of seen something by now..

Thorpe when they said 'mazes' probably was including experiences such as the cinema, actors in TWD, zones, ect.

also - scare zones, there’s never been scare zones at fright nights (to my knowledge) so that’s something to be optimistic about. 

Zones for sure are a good thing when done right, but Thorpe has a history of getting them seriously wrong, so we can only hope it isn't just a few smoke machines and actors screaming "boo".

Now they’re not gonna straight up lie about what they say. You’ve only counted six mazes.. that ain’t  a record amount.. there will be more..

I would love to agree with you but the reality is there is no construction to suggest we're getting any more mazes.

The event is a month away now and if we were to receive any more mazes we probably would of seen something by now..

Thorpe when they said 'mazes' probably was including experiences such as the cinema, actors in TWD, zones, ect.

Zones for sure are a good thing when done right, but Thorpe has a history of getting them seriously wrong, so we can only hope it isn't just a few smoke machines and actors screaming "boo".

17 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

I wouldn't take any teasers Thorpe do literally. Probably just reusing old footage with little consideration put into the mazes they're from.

Sounds like that's exactly what they have done. 

12 hours ago, ItzAdam said:

Thought I’d get this. And no.. that’s not the final lineup. I’m optimistic because of the “record amount of mazes” Now they’re not gonna straight up lie about what they say. You’ve only counted six mazes.. that ain’t  a record amount.. there will be more..

Where will they put 10 mazes? I'm very confident that the "6 new mazes" or "record amount of mazes" in thorpes eyes includes Angry birds 4D, roamers, scare zones, which are not mazes, but attractions. If that's what they meant, then they should put, attractions.

3 hours ago, James Allgood said:

The entrance for one of the mazes looks to be setup. Wooden pallets are forming a corridor into a black tunnel with speakers on the side. 

dsc_0639.jpg?itok=QGY1dr27

dsc_0741.jpg?itok=a3XRodTD

Pallet loads of photos online ;) 

https://themeparkguide.biz/news-page/1512/Fright-Nights-2018-Preparation-Continues

Ooh an upgrade from black sheets to pallets!

10 hours ago, MilesK said:

The old Big Top site has been closed off in preparation for Fright Nights. Not all of the area is closed, making its pretty much impossible for The Big Top to be returning to this site. 

(Photo from Theme Park News For You on Facebook)

FFBBAB52-3501-480B-96E8-EACDDA5A0F4D.jpeg

Shame, no signage saying we are sorry its closed and showing an alternative route 

Be interesting to see how they use the space. Now that Crust is open this year (and is an external brand), I imagine they can't close the place due to contracts and stuff.

Thorpe won't want to actively encourage people to eat at somewhere that isn't their own brand (say by having the queue pass it), so they'll have to be even more creative with the area this year...