Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

TPC

Not sure if this was supposed to be released yet, but ThemeParks-UK has released the below article.

SPOILERS: It includes the full lineup!

Spoiler

From what I imagine, it sounds like Vulcan Peak maybe in I'm a celebrity? 

The six new live-action scare mazes and horror zones across Thorpe Park will include AMC’s The Walking Dead: Do or Die – a macabre experience filled with nail-biting jeopardy, Vulcan Peak – an intense nightmarish tribal hell where visitors will need their most primal instincts to survive and a new and sinister version of the Blair Witch maze, situated deep in the woods of the park.

Zones populated by disturbingly real scare actors will include Terror at Amity High and Big Top Unleashed, a twist on last year’s hugely popular maze themed around unhinged clowns. There will also be terrifyingly encounters courtesy of Fanta’s evil vending machine on selected dates.

New for this year will also be Screamplexx 4D where short indie horror films will be shown. Returning favourites for the season include The Walking Dead: Living Nightmare, SAW Alive, Platform 15 and Containment.

Dominic Jones, Divisional Director at Thorpe Park:

“This is our most intense year for Fright Nights yet with more scares than ever before. With multiple new mazes and scare zones throughout the resort, literally nowhere will be safe and the season is definitely not for the faint-hearted.”

SOURCE: https://www.themeparks-uk.com/thorpe-park-guide/news/872-new-at-thorpe-park-fright-nights-in-2018

1 hour ago, MarkC said:

Where? I don’t see any writing?

Lol it’s a figure of speech, I meant that looks very much like a scare zone. 

21 minutes ago, JoelPagett said:

Not sure if this was supposed to be released yet, but ThemeParks-UK has released the below article.

Reveal hidden contents

The six new live-action scare mazes and horror zones across Thorpe Park will include AMC’s The Walking Dead: Do or Die – a macabre experience filled with nail-biting jeopardy, Vulcan Peak – an intense nightmarish tribal hell where visitors will need their most primal instincts to survive and a new and sinister version of the Blair Witch maze, situated deep in the woods of the park.

Zones populated by disturbingly real scare actors will include Terror at Amity High and Big Top Unleashed, a twist on last year’s hugely popular maze themed around unhinged clowns. There will also be terrifyingly encounters courtesy of Fanta’s evil vending machine on selected dates.

New for this year will also be Screamplexx 4D where short indie horror films will be shown. Returning favourites for the season include The Walking Dead: Living Nightmare, SAW Alive, Platform 15 and Containment.

“This is our most intense year for Fright Nights yet with more scares than ever before. With multiple new mazes and scare zones throughout the resort, literally nowhere will be safe and the season is definitely not for the faint-hearted.”

SOURCE: https://www.themeparks-uk.com/thorpe-park-guide/news/872-new-at-thorpe-park-fright-nights-in-2018

Oooh if this is true it looks pretty exciting

39 minutes ago, JoelPagett said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sure seems so. but I don't see 6 new mazes? More false hope and advertising. 

23 minutes ago, ProudToServe said:

Sure seems so. but I don't see 6 new mazes? More false hope and advertising. 

I do hope Vulcan peak is sponsored by Iceland, with the grand finale a battle royale between Kerry Katona and Katie Price. Or I’m boycotting it.

in all seriousness I’m taking this leak with a large pinch of salt... all will be revealed tomorrow.

On 10/30/2017 at 4:04 PM, ChiapasC. said:

NEW SCENES for The Walking Dead. 

Platform 15b.

Big Top IV.

Talk about Saw Alive sinking. 

New scenes in Containment would be nice too. ;)

I actually missed Blair Witch this year.  Seriously.  Bring it back, rethemed as a Headless Monk Hunt.  Please Thorpe.  If I say it every year, it'll happen eventually right...

But yeah, I don't see any maze being rethemed for next year and aside from Blair's pathway, there's little space for a maze elsewhere at the moment.  So it'll be interesting to see what Thorpe come up with!

YOU CURSED IT!!! Lol

I mean, it sounds like more filler (parkwide stuff) and less actual proper mazes?  Like, they haven't had to build up any proper mazes this year, it seems like they're taking the route of do less, but in a way that makes it marketable as more (but even then it's being twisted grossly, 6 mazes when they're just not).

More parkwide stuff is good but not at the expense of actual mazes, especially TBT which was arguably the most popular in recent years and set to become the new "staple" attraction - as Asylum was for many years.

Sure it's great if you like TWD, but I'm not in that camp so there'a very little that actually appeals to me.

4 hours ago, JoelPagett said:

Reveal hidden contents

ok dis hard

1 hour ago, Olistjj said:

Do we know yet if/ when the annual pass preview night is due to be??

sadly not, from my sources.  

3 hours ago, Charlie Bee said:

I love the 80s-ish kind of theme for all the teasers and I can't wait to see more, this year is gonna be so good!

Looks very much like Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror nights marketing campaign tho. So, can't give them all the credit. I'm sure there'll be more.