TWD Do or Die: 3 (day), 5 (night)
Vulcan Peak: 4
Containment: 4
Screamplexx Cinema: 4
Platform 15: 3 (day), 4 (night)
Blair Witch: 3 (day), 4 (night)
Big Top Showtime: 3
Terror at Amity High: 2

I still believe anything less than a 5 is going to be less actors and less effort. A 2 rating is worrying for a new scare zone, it must be not scary at all lol.

To be fair, scare zones aren't necessarily meant to be scary, just add general atmosphere and introduce people to the scary stuff who don't necessarily want to go in the mazes.

That's the issue with giving mazes numerical ratings - anything that's low is instantly rubbished. I liked last year's rating guide ("intense", "spooky" and "gorey" I believe?), as it didn't lower any maze, buy gave them a category.

Interesting mix though. Saw and Living Nightmare being the two scariest yet already opened this year, putting a lot of pressure on Sanctum 2 to deliver. They can never make their minds up with Containment either (seesawed between 5, 2 and intense, now an ambitious 4).

Vulcan Peak already sounds over-hyped though sadly.

The scare ratings have never usually meant that much. Cabin’s scare rating always used to be a 4, but was far scarier than My Bloody Valentine (notably in 2015.). The 2 scare rating just means it won’t be as scary, which is expected given that it is a scare zone, and from the description, it looks like it’s going to be more of a fun scary than full on intense scary, which is definitely something Thorpe needs.

I’m more concerned about Blair Witch being open in the day to be honest. I just don’t see how that’s going to work; it’ll lose any atmosphere it might have when it’s dark. 

Also, there are only a total of 4 all indoor attractions out of 10 this year, and one of them is upcharge. That is really limiting given that the event has had up to 6 all indoor attractions before..

I really hope next year they consider adding more indoor mazes, the lineup this year I think will be struggle due to the fact most of the mazes will be crap when its not dark.

Platform, Blair and Sanctum V2 are probably gonna be terrible before it gets dark, that could perhaps make the queues for the indoor mazes longer during the daytime hours.. Which for most nights the sun won't go down until 7..

This I think could cause longer queues and more pressure on Saw, LN, and Vulcan.. And FN isn't exactly known for being a event with short queues..

Its time for that weekly Fright Nights photo round up ;) anyone miss My Bloody Valentine? This photo should bring back some memories. 

dsc_0232.jpg?itok=egROAuG6

Lots has happened over the closed season days... this years event should be amazing if the park pull it off.

dsc_0262.jpg?itok=ETsxnKGw

Big Top Entrance Face feature thing: 

dsc_0225.jpg?itok=Ez-hKh_a

Big Top Red Lights in the dome:

dsc_0191.jpg?itok=O3VV_UqT

*Insert pun about lots of photos here. "A container load of photos at the usual place"

https://themeparkguide.biz/news-page/1523/Fright-Nights-2018-Main-Work-Begins

23 hours ago, James Allgood said:

Big Top Red Lights in the dome:

dsc_0191.jpg?itok=O3VV_UqT

*Insert pun about lots of photos here. "A container load of photos at the usual place"

https://themeparkguide.biz/news-page/1523/Fright-Nights-2018-Main-Work-Begins

As someone mentioned on Facebook, these were from last years Fright Nights, just not been removed.

Regarding scare ratings, why any company would rate any scare zone or maze 2 or 3, even 4 is just silly. They should all be 5. How they affect you, all depends on what freaks you out... so ratings are totally pointless. and not sure why they have bothered.

8 hours ago, Mer said:

Not gonna lie, I don’t think I even have a most anticipated attraction for this year ?

I do. Amity Kebabs ?

Also - are they going to announce the 2 other attractions or were they covered because they weren't sure what they were going to be yet... or even if they will exist. Rapidly approaching two weeks until Fright Nights, you'd think they'd want everyone to know the full line up...

10 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

I do. Amity Kebabs ?

Also - are they going to announce the 2 other attractions or were they covered because they weren't sure what they were going to be yet... or even if they will exist. Rapidly approaching two weeks until Fright Nights, you'd think they'd want everyone to know the full line up...

I reckon in a week or so they’ll reveal what that is... a bit before fright nights start to get the buzz going again.

Personslly the attraction I’m most looking forward to is either KFC or the Derren Brown ride pre show video

14 hours ago, ProudToServe said:

the hidden attractions are likely hidden until they are sure they can staff every attraction, no point advertising something then not being able to do it.

Theres so many halloween events now, getting actors and running staff is proving hard, looking at their current jobs up for grabs.

Isn't that exactly what they've done? ? nothing surprise me anymore, like you've said it'll probably be due to staffing or lack of!

49 minutes ago, ChiapasC. said:

Thorpe have said that "selected mazes" will be open next Saturday (29th) exclusively for AP holders.

The park will be open to all guests till 8pm, with the mazes open to AP holders presumably from 3pm.

I assume it’ll just be saw and/ or living nightmare as they are both 100% ready and have both already been open throughout the year