Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

TPC

Honestly I'm not going to FN this year unless it gets rave reviews.. The fact its 20 quid for MAP holders just makes me wanna spend a extra 5 quid or so and go down to Screamland or any other event..

The Screamland lineup also looks really damn strong this year, I overall just don't feel it with FN this year with the lineup.. Sure there is a crap ton of mazes and attractions, but none of them bar Platform and LN to a certain degree really make me wanna come to FN.. Deadwood could be fun I guess, but again not really a maze that really draws me in.. 

Hopefully the event does deliver this year but honestly I feel heavily pessimistic about the lineup this year.

9 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

Honestly I'm not going to FN this year unless it gets rave reviews.. The fact its 20 quid for MAP holders just makes me wanna spend a extra 5 quid or so and go down to Screamland or any other event..

There are some days which are £10 which I think was the starting price last year too?

Me again! Hi :D

Looks like you will be going the containers this year! Last week I joked about the Tunnel 15 sign, over the past few days that sign has been removed along with the addition of some new theming inside the container. 

dsc_0873_0.jpg?itok=sbziiZ3v

The I'm A Celeb sign has been removed ready for Bag Maze Vulcan Peak.

dsc_0948_0.jpg?itok=PGt_jU-a

Blair Witch also now exits via the Nemesis Inferno path.

dsc_0958_0.jpg?itok=mTjObHXx

For those that love blue pallet photos... get over it ;) more photos at the normal place. See you at the preview next week! 

https://themeparkguide.biz/news/1525/Fright-Nights-2018-Construction-Summary

The MAP group aren't happy bunnies with regards to the Annual Pass Preview not being exclusive. I can see it being a recipe for disaster only allowing people with MAPs into the mazes with non MAP holders kicking off etc... Or is that just me?

Also please tell me it's not just me that's on the MAP group just to check out the sheer ridiculousness levels of entitlement on there.... But then the same could be said for #enthusiasts sometimes I suppose ?

7 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

The MAP group aren't happy bunnies with regards to the Annual Pass Preview not being exclusive. I can see it being a recipe for disaster only allowing people with MAPs into the mazes with non MAP holders kicking off etc... Or is that just me?

Also please tell me it's not just me that's on the MAP group just to check out the sheer ridiculousness levels of entitlement on there.... But then the same could be said for #enthusiasts sometimes I suppose ?

That’s all the group is for isn’t it ? it’s amazing how many don’t live in reality, bleating on they were promised an exclusive day like its the end of the world that they have to share it with the general public 

24 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

I think they’ve been spot on this year with how they’ve run the late night events.

Didn’t hear AP holders complain when they allowed all guests to stay and ride rides till 10 during the MOS nights - this is the same but in reverse I guess!

So with Dead Creek Wood presumably taking place in Zombie Hunt's route, I'm guessing Blair Witch will take place from roughly the Zombie Hunt exit, and ending at the shed. That creates a very short attraction..

My bigger concern is how congested that stretch of the park will be. You'll have Blair Witch and Vulcan Peak in the same area, Dead Creek exiting there, and then further along, you've got the entrance to three other mazes all in pretty close proximity. It seems like it could be a recipe for disaster.

They really need to find a way to use the beach again. I know they had major flooding issues, among other things, in 2015 with Big Top, but it was more or less okay 2008-2012 with Curse and Se7en. Yes it will almost definitely require tents, yes it will require a lot more money, but it'll spread attractions round the park and utilise a massive space prime for an indoor attraction.

12 hours ago, ChiapasC. said:

My bigger concern is how congested that stretch of the park will be. You'll have Blair Witch and Vulcan Peak in the same area, Dead Creek exiting there, and then further along, you've got the entrance to three other mazes all in pretty close proximity. It seems like it could be a recipe for disaster.

If this is the case I think it would of been much better if they just merged Deadwood and Blair, now Blair is going to be 1 second long and Deadwood probably will feel like a poor man's Blair Witch..

Blair's entrance probably is now going to be crammed in awkwardly next to Vulcan.. It would of saved the park staffing and setting up queues if they just merged it.. Stupid IMO...

I think Thorpe at this point are more concerned about the quantity of their attractions rather than the quality.. If Blair's layout starts near Vulcan then it might honestly be the shortest and most pointless maze to ever exist.

12 hours ago, ChiapasC. said:

They really need to find a way to use the beach again. I know they had major flooding issues, among other things, in 2015 with Big Top, but it was more or less okay 2008-2012 with Curse and Se7en. Yes it will almost definitely require tents, yes it will require a lot more money, but it'll spread attractions round the park and utilise a massive space prime for an indoor attraction.

Absolutely agreed. I'm hoping they use the beach next year, they could even install a maze on each side!

51 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Thorpe are being a lot stricter with plus ones this year on press night, as previously discussed (unfortunately/fortunately).

Only the A List... like ex on the beach contestants’ second cousins or someone who dated someone who knew someone off Geordie shore are invited.

I’ll see how many mazes I get done on my first fright nights on the 7th, you’d hope the queues will each be pretty short then with the quantity of attractions and it being a Sunday. I’m still not sure what order to do them in - will wait for a press night review. It’ll be a first ever scare maze for some in the group!

13 minutes ago, NASHERTV_YT said:

The maze  lineup for The Annual Pass event have been partially announced by thorpe 

Mazes that will be open are

Saw alive

TWD living nightmare

Blair witch

Platform 15

Vulcan peak

plus one more to be announced

what's everyone's opinions on the lineup so far?

Where exactly was this confirmed?

19 minutes ago, NASHERTV_YT said:

The maze  lineup for The Annual Pass event have been partially announced by thorpe 

Mazes that will be open are

Saw alive

TWD living nightmare

Blair witch

Platform 15

Vulcan peak

plus one more to be announced

what's everyone's opinions on the lineup so far?

Hmm so possibly 3 new mazes on offer if you count Blair witch as new... seems like the scare zones are still being put together? I don’t know if I’ve seen any Terror at Amity progress pics. Or is it just that the capacity won’t be high enough to justify running everything.