Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

TPC

1 hour ago, jessica2 said:

Hmm so possibly 3 new mazes on offer if you count Blair witch as new... seems like the scare zones are still being put together? I don’t know if I’ve seen any Terror at Amity progress pics. Or is it just that the capacity won’t be high enough to justify running everything.

I'm shocked that they are opening blair witch & vulcan peak before press night/the event starting,but I do believe this is like a test run for the actors 

On 9/24/2018 at 8:09 AM, ChiapasC. said:

My bigger concern is how congested that stretch of the park will be. You'll have Blair Witch and Vulcan Peak in the same area, Dead Creek exiting there, and then further along, you've got the entrance to three other mazes all in pretty close proximity. It seems like it could be a recipe for disaster.

It does come across as Dead Creek and Blair are going to be walk thru woods. They should have just left that whole stretch to Blair.. 

44 minutes ago, Mer said:

So I was just having a look at the online prices, and for some reason, Saturday 13th (which happens to be the date of the meet!) is £44 - no other dates are this much, not even the other Saturdays or the half term days (£39). 

Just seems odd to increase the price for that one specific day ??‍♀️

Prices are usually based on how many have been sold. As more are sold the price increases. 

I just had a heart sinking feeling. As there are so many mazes do you reckon the actors are going to be spread out too much or do you reckon Thorpe Park actually employed more actors to cover all spots. From what I can remember from last year it wasn’t greatly staffed with actors and that’s with half the mazes and attractions we have this year

3 hours ago, ProudToServe said:

It does come across as Dead Creek and Blair are going to be walk thru woods. They should have just left that whole stretch to Blair.. 

Everything feels like it's been done to boast "look how many attractions we have this year" whilst quality isn't so much a priority.  I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, mrmatt said:

I just had a heart sinking feeling. As there are so many mazes do you reckon the actors are going to be spread out too much or do you reckon Thorpe Park actually employed more actors to cover all spots. From what I can remember from last year it wasn’t greatly staffed with actors and that’s with half the mazes and attractions we have this year

When I was at the park last Sunday (not the one just gone) they were advertising for fright night actors via the big screen at the entrance - would have thought they’d have got all they need already for rehearsals etc but apparantly not 

Blair Witch was testing as I came off Inferno earlier, heard some audio and acting and the lights were on. All the entrances and queues are up, aside from Do or Die, which was still being put together as we were there, and Amity High, which there is no sign of at the moment although there was one temporary fence up in the entrance to what I think is the Sunken Gardens behind Stealth. Not sure how long ago they were put up (or how many of you would've seen them) but I have pictures if you'd like?

5 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Blair Witch was testing as I came off Inferno earlier, heard some audio and acting and the lights were on. All the entrances and queues are up, aside from Do or Die, which was still being put together as we were there, and Amity High, which there is no sign of at the moment although there was one temporary fence up in the entrance to what I think is the Sunken Gardens behind Stealth. Not sure how long ago they were put up (or how many of you would've seen them) but I have pictures if you'd like?

Yes post them please, I didn’t go over to stealth today so I’m interested to see

The temporary fences have been up since I lasted visited (16th) but they may have been up since before that. 

Also Sam, when you say that Do or Die was still being put together, do you mean the maze or the queue line? It looked nowhere near completion last time I was there. Then again, it may not be an overly complex build.

4 hours ago, Jack said:

Yes post them please, I didn’t go over to stealth today so I’m interested to see

I will in a bit, they weren't taken on my phone

1 hour ago, MilesK said:

The temporary fences have been up since I lasted visited (16th) but they may have been up since before that. 

Also Sam, when you say that Do or Die was still being put together, do you mean the maze or the queue line? It looked nowhere near completion last time I was there. Then again, it may not be an overly complex build.

As in the maze, it looked pretty incomplete and then we saw people walking in with tools and put up some temporary construction fences, then heard them drilling etc. 

EDIT It's also the only maze without it's queue up, although the restriction board was by Vortex so my suspicion is it will take up most of that path. 

DOUBLE EDIT I also forgot to mention most of the parkwide theming is up, which we realised when we saw a decaying body chained to a tree with two halves of a skull hanging from the one next to it. Can't imagine that'd be too great for families walking over the bridge and seeing a tent with a very violently squashed dead body hanging out of it (although interestingly we saw two members of staff go down and pick up everything around it)