Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

TPC

12 minutes ago, MilesK said:

Given that the media night is tomorrow, and the event officially kicks off on Friday, they really are leaving it late to announce it, if it's even going to happen..

I’ve heard a lot of rumours that this “new attraction” (or whatever the heck it is) will be announced tomorrow at the press event. you are right though how they are leaving everything so late.

I am completely bias about the mazes and really think that fright nights this year is gonna be good however it does feel that everything is just being slapped together and rushed. 

Press s event tomorrow so il just have to wait and see what they do. 

Am I the only person glad that these prices are that expensive???

Might actually lead to not having too many of them being sold.

Everyone complained last year when the main queues moved painfully slow due to oversold FT. At the TPM meet we queued 45 mins at least to get on platform 15 using a priority ticket as so many had fast track tickets! 

13 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Am I the only person glad that these prices are that expensive???

Might actually lead to not having too many of them being sold.

My thoughts exactly. The high price will hopefully put people off from buying them, resulting in a much quicker normal queue and a quicker fastrack queue for those who pay.

I'm pretty sure I was there on the day of the meet, just not at the meet. The Platform queue wasn't even going up the Loggers staircase and it was an hour long, purely because of how many fastrackers were waiting...that's no good. Hopefully that's not an issue this year.

2 minutes ago, kainechris83 said:

Having not gone to fright nights before, why does containment have an extra fee? does it warrant it?

In all honesty, I don't know why Containment is extra. Presumably as it's a timed experience and is far longer than the mazes (10-20 minutes depending on how quick you solve the puzzles.)

It's worth doing if you want to get everything done as it is good fun and the puzzles are fairly challenging from what I remember; unsure if it's changed at all since 2016.

2 hours ago, mrmatt said:

Complete **** if you ask me. Blair witch isn’t included on any of the packages. Be good just to have one package for all mazes. This is gonna cost me £60 nearly pp 

last year ot was £30 for 5 mazes. Why couldn’t they just do £40 for 7 mazes. This is very disappointing 

Last year it was £44 for the 5 mazes; 2015 it was £30. Last year, the one shots for the mazes were £10 for Walking Dead mazes, £8 for others, so it wasn't actually a saving, just a convenience.

Based on the pricing structure, it looks like all mazes will be £10 as a one shot, and the package serves as a £2 saving.

Blair Witch has a built Fastrack queue I believe, so will likely be available as one shots and in the unlimited thing. Also, when it opened, it had huge throughputs and a very quick moving queue, which might be why they've decided to not include it on packages.

It's interesting they've created fixed packages. Given the 'pick and choose' style they went for with the packages this year, I'd have thought they would have done 'x number of mazes for y price', and you choose how many mazes you want to do from there (so 3 mazes of your choice for £28, etc). Of course, that's a nightmare to deal with in terms of numbers, but heyho.

Fastrack price should be high though. Make them too cheap, and it defeats the point of Fastrack.

1 hour ago, ItzAdam said:

I believe that Blair witch will be included in some sort of package as at the entrance of the queue (when I went on AP night) there was a “scan for fastrack” sign.

I believe the “new attraction” will be another package with Blair witch. 

If there was going to be another new attraction, it would have been announced by now. I don't doubt they had a 12th attraction planned to some degree (looking at that promo with leaves covering stuff), but they haven't used that graphic yet and quietly swept it under the rug.

28 minutes ago, kainechris83 said:

Having not gone to fright nights before, why does containment have an extra fee? does it warrant it?

23 minutes ago, MilesK said:

In all honesty, I don't know why Containment is extra. Presumably as it's a timed experience and is far longer than the mazes (10-20 minutes depending on how quick you solve the puzzles.)

It's worth doing if you want to get everything done as it is good fun and the puzzles are fairly challenging from what I remember; unsure if it's changed at all since 2016.

Containment has a very low throughput - I believe at most 2 groups can be in there at any one time, so roughly a group every 10 minutes. So at most 60 people (and if they have any sense, they'd sell 5 time slots an hour, so 50 people an hour, as a buffer). You can't have that as a queued system, and you can't have it as free tickets, otherwise they would go too quickly. Hence the charge.

£8 / £10 is reasonable for an escape room, albeit a high price given the length of the attraction.

49 minutes ago, MilesK said:

My thoughts exactly. The high price will hopefully put people off from buying them, resulting in a much quicker normal queue and a quicker fastrack queue for those who pay.

I'm pretty sure I was there on the day of the meet, just not at the meet. The Platform queue wasn't even going up the Loggers staircase and it was an hour long, purely because of how many fastrackers were waiting...that's no good. Hopefully that's not an issue this year.

Lol not me no way am I queuing 2 hours for a maze that could lead to a poor run through I’d rather pay the money and get the ultimate one

5 minutes ago, ChiapasC. said:

If there was going to be another new attraction, it would have been announced by now. I don't doubt they had a 12th attraction planned to some degree (looking at that promo with leaves covering stuff), but they haven't used that graphic yet and quietly swept it under the rug.

I understand with what you’re saying however Thorpe have been teasing about it on their social Media with replies quite a bit recently and I’ve heard some stuff from actors and reputable sources. 

I think there will be something announced tomorrow as if Thorpe weren’t sure whether or not they were going to be able to make a new attraction, they wouldn’t tease one. 

I dont really think the “new attraction” will be anything amazing, I believe it’s just another scarezone.

We’ll find out tomorrow ? 

There is a lot of speculation about Shark Hotel and guests tonight.

If you are staying in the shark hotel you will have received an email from the park. This confirms that there will be access to the Dome, Mazes and the available rides until 22:30 the same as the press night. 

Fin's Bar will not be accessible to them and you will need to have the relevant wristband to enter.

I have attached the email that Shark Guests have recieved taken from the MAP group.

42864397_10156878702454756_2633085011401637888_o.jpg

Those attending the event tonight will have received an email from Nicola stating how the event is running! If not drop me a PM and I shall send you a copy. 

Just a reminder that the Big Top Showtime will be in the dome starting at 9pm!

See you all there!

3 minutes ago, EpicSmatty said:

Here's the complete line up, unless the Fanta thing is something amazing it's a pretty big let down as the last announcement (why not just announce it with all the others?)

I don’t think the Fanta thing was the original thing that was hidden behind the leaves. The logo looks different