Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

TPC

17 minutes ago, TPC said:

Really stupid to put blood and gore in the dome for big top Showtime. Families are not going to be happy when their children see them...

There will be an alternative route around the dome for families to enter the park without bumping into any of the big top clowns. 

19 minutes ago, jessica2 said:

I don’t get why people bring kids to thorpe when chessington or Legoland aren’t far away, especially during fright nights

Well let's use me as an example, the only halloween attraction I've been in is Trick or Treat Wood and I have no intention of changing that at the minute, but I do want to go on the coasters, especially in the dark. While I still love Dragon's Fury and (when it's not breaking my back) Vampire, I don't want to go a month where those, Rattlesnake and The Dragon are the only coasters I can go on without being chased by a group of clowns haha. I might end up going to Fright Nights anyway for the coasters but it does put me off a bit, I'd love if there was a wristband or badge or something that tells the actors to leave you alone.

1 hour ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Well let's use me as an example, the only halloween attraction I've been in is Trick or Treat Wood and I have no intention of changing that at the minute, but I do want to go on the coasters, especially in the dark. While I still love Dragon's Fury and (when it's not breaking my back) Vampire, I don't want to go a month where those, Rattlesnake and The Dragon are the only coasters I can go on without being chased by a group of clowns haha. I might end up going to Fright Nights anyway for the coasters but it does put me off a bit, I'd love if there was a wristband or badge or something that tells the actors to leave you alone.

lol I suppose going to fright nights you kinda know what’s in store if you’ve done any sort of research/googling.

There possibly could be a marked out scare zone/route for wandering actors like in the past, so you can avoid them if it’s not your thing, but I still question the logic of bringing any child under 11 to Thorpe during fright nights ?

1 hour ago, Jack said:

Can anyone give a brief overview of how queues are looking tonight? Only 4 are showing up on the app for me and many people are saying they are completely off. Just intrigued to know so I can decide the order I do them in tomorrow.

https://queue-times.com/parks/2/queue_times

I'm a Celeb is Vulcan Peak, Sanctum is Do or Die, and Big Top is Dead Creek Woods (IIRC) 

“Nothing can be worse than Big Top 2015 or Platform 15 2016!!”

Vulcan Peak: “Hold my beer!!”

Seriously sad seeing the reviews for the quality of attractions this year especially given that 10 years ago, we had four solid indoor mazes in the form of Asylum,Hellgate,The Curse and Se7en!!

Goes to show, “Quality over quantity!!” I myself can’t really say anything about the event this year as I am not attending fright nights this year, but hearing all the feedback from friends of mine who have gone to the event and seeing the reviews online tells me that it really is concerning times for this event which has been on the decline for some time now in my eyes.

It really does need a major shake up next year in order to save the event now because in terms of quality, it really is starting to really lag behind other events such as Scarefest and Shocktoberfest. That is quite sad for those who remember the years when Fright Nights was right up there as one of the best Halloween events in the country. 

Quantity over quantity is exactly what I said in the spoilers thread - don't get me wrong, some of the attractions were great for us - Containment - absolutely top stuff, stellar performances by the actors, loved it... but then it is an upcharge! - Blair Witch we loved, Dead Creek Woods was good, Walking Dead Living Nightmare was also good (Chicken liver piece of sh.... :D). However, Sanctum (We CBA to paint over the logo) Do Or Die looked particularly cheap and shoddy in parts with the fabric walls, and, again, like I said in the other thread - being able to clearly see P15 upon entry to Blair Witch killed the start of it for me (luckily the story, actors and subsequent setting made up for it!)

The consensus seems to pretty clear though - Vulcan Peak is an utter disgrace, even TheJackSilkstone didn't rate it as even slightly "sick". Am awaiting the review from Lord Sanbrooke, but him and Dame Charlotte were not impressed at all from their "socials" ranking it as the worst attraction they've ever done.

PS. Not sure I'd say The Curse was a solid maze, but it was effortlessly better than Vulcan. Come back Se7en ?

12 minutes ago, ProudToServe said:

Fright Nights 2018 - No where is safe Quantity over quantity 

I'm annoyed that the fire people from press night are not at the public FN events.Why advertise something which isn't going to be there. very very disappointed

They were there last Saturday.

3 hours ago, ProudToServe said:

Fright Nights 2018 - No where is safe Quantity over quantity 

I'm annoyed that the fire people from press night are not at the public FN events.Why advertise something which isn't going to be there. very very disappointed

I saw them at terror at amity high on Saturday. I assume they’ll be there on the peak days at certain times. 

When you think back to the effort that has gone into FN even in recent years (considering things such as the different characters each week in Cabin, actors doing the "charge" thing around Stealth back in 2014, and of course the quality of the mazes), this year really is a disgrace.

Lighting in particular... what on earth happened?  Small touches such as under-lighting the Blair Witch sign were great in previous years, yet Dead Creek Woods has a floodlight pointing at you meaning you can't even see the sign, and the atmosphere is completely lost.  Also, what's with the UV "disco lights" - how is that scary/spooky?!

I mean, even thinking back to the introduction of the horror film mazes in 2013, think how good that year was compared to now. :(

I was only going for the meet up yesterday, didn't expect to go on much - but that security queue really needs sorting somehow. We picked up tickets and joined the queue at 11.30. We didn't get into the park until 1pm, absolutely shocking. During the day, we got on Stealth (front row as this was quicker than using the main queue lolz), Detonator, Rush and Platform 15 in 5 hours.

Longest queue I saw for a ride all day was 130 mins for DBGTROTD, and maze wise Saw Alive and Do Or Die peaked at 120 mins. Wonder what the queues will be like in a few weeks time?

It was horrendous at times but we still got on most of what we wanted. By 9pm some of the mazes queues were down to around 20 mins to 40 mins. We queued for both Do or Die and Dead Creek Woods during this time. The rides and maze teams were not too bad at getting through crowds as quick as possible yesterday. 

What was unacceptable was the up to hour and half security queue (complaints plaguing social media) and the fact that despite leaving at 1020 some of us still sitting in a long, congested car park queue gone 1130pm at night!

Got there at around 9:45 and security was nice and quick for us luckily - the queue was about half full but we got through in around 10 mins.

Didnt really have an issue with the queues on park - it was busy but that’s no surprise for a Fright Nights Saturday, thought operationally the park ran fairly well for most of it, losing Swarm didn’t help but the queues we did queue in all moved fairly quickly.

Agree with comments about Car park, took almost 2 hours to get out, things started to move when a load of staff turned up at around 11 to try and move things, at around 11:30 they opened all the barriers and only looked at tickets which further helped - but think this should of been done earlier!

35 minutes ago, ProudToServe said:

rkusnZr.jpg

2016, Small things make the world of difference... The park has sure gone for "FLOOD LIGHT THE MAZE" Approach, rather then smartly lit.  I mean, why is Stealth being lit with RGB MoS night look? Stick it on Red or Orange for god sake.

If they can’t be bothered to replace a green light bulb on stealth after all these years so there’s no hope in them doing other lighting correctly