TPC

Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

On top of this. If you search FIGARO BROS on Google. You get a new private company that has just taken the name FIGARO BROS. The people in power run a company that hasn't launched yet called XSCREAM ESCAPES.  

All seems weird. Picture proof below 

Screenshot_20180426-013827.jpg

Screenshot_20180426-013819.jpg

Bit of a stretch but the same as the post above (didn't notice it originally) but Thorpe just put this on their Facebook. Could be a typo but that'd be quite the coincidence!

To be fair, the video's music has all the hallmarks of an IMAscore produced track.

Repetitive chord progression/hook, heavy bass line and more synths than a 90's rave... 

I'm not bashing them, but overexposure has made their work pretty easy to spot these days. 

On 4/26/2018 at 1:42 AM, Thrill Nation said:

On top of this. If you search FIGARO BROS on Google. You get a new private company that has just taken the name FIGARO BROS. The people in power run a company that hasn't launched yet called XSCREAM ESCAPES.  

All seems weird. Picture proof below 

Screenshot_20180426-013827.jpg

Screenshot_20180426-013819.jpg

Figaro Bros is the company who have made a few of the mazes, judging by the website I think Thorpe have used them for a few... https://www.figaro-bros.com 

They are a design company who probably assemble the fright night mazes. Big top had "Figaro Bros Presents" which I believe was also used as the name of the owners of the big top circus?? 

- apologies if that has been already mentioned but couldn't see anything. 

As for the companies house, it doesn't surprise me that there is a second company they own - which given the name sounds like a Escape Room company. I cant see that being anything todo with Thorpe, but probably a similar company to the Figaro construction company. Many small business owners are usually a director of several companies. Rides/attractions generally dont have their own company name in Companies house.... as they are a brand not a entity that makes profit - the park does and just trademarks the name... 

Figaro Bros, the company, was formed in February 2018.

The Figaro Brothers, the characters of The Big Top, were introduced in the 2015 incarnation, which was also notoriously well known for including many Derren Brown Easter Eggs. The brothers were the Ringleader, Kenny the Clown and Big Baby. The Ringleader and Big Baby were characters within the maze. Kenny the Clown was a nod to Paul McKenna, a hypnotist who Derren once was friends with, but had a falling out with. The name Figaro came from the name of one of Derren's pet parrots, as did the name for Madame Mephisto. I believe the Ringleader, who had a bit of an Eastern European accent in adverts and announcements, was to be called Rasputin, after Derren's third parrots, but that was never formally announced... Anyway, I digress...

What it likely is is that this newly formed company is made up of a former employee(s) of Thorpe who has decided to work on their own projects now. They're probably using their work at Thorpe as an example to help get their exposure up. It happens regularly enough - people get experience at a large company, then use that experience and the contacts they make to start up their own company, or join a startup company, with a greater say in things.