Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

TPC

I guess one thing to remember is last year the park did start their Fright Night events one week earlier. If this remains the case they have a little longer to get things ready. 

It’s difficult to say what this year’s event will hold but I’ll almost guarantee Living Nightmare and Saw will return, given their pre-FN operations. I would be surprised if Big Top didn’t return, given it’s popularity but we shall see. 

15 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

Thorpe's main Fright Nights problem is The Year of the Walking Dead. Either they have to try to differentiate Fright Nights as a worthwhile event in it's own right this year, or they'll just do the same as previous years and go all out on The Walking Dead hoping people have not had enough of it yet.

I would say that given that the Fright Nights page on thorpepark.com says: 

FRIGHT NIGHTS Returns for 2018 featuring AMC's The Walking Dead. 

I would say its going to be very heavy Walking Dead theme. Also it is the Year of the Walking Dead. Walking dead has only been about for 1 year at Fright nights if memory serves. I did think that Walking Dead would be get boring by Fright Nights. Personally think the two mazes opening mid year would of also stopped some people from bothering with fright nights. 

I’m all for seeing new mazes should any appear soon, but I’ve gotta be honest and say despite last year being all about the Walking Dead with two new attractions, they were both pretty poor in my eyes at delivering scares at all. Yes, Living Nightmare is highly themed, but it falls short on just about everything else. And Sanctum? The less said the better.

The only real draw factor for me to bother going to Fright Nights this year is not only to get those night rides, but to hopefully try the Big Top once again. It’s the best maze the park has had since Experiment 10 in my eyes (minus 2015) and would be a real shame if it either went or was rebranded.

On a side note, whilst I applaud the teams at Thorpe for opening Saw Alive and Living Nightmare during the holidays this spring and summer, these moves have ultimately made me want to visit Fright Nights less than ever before now. Having these open outside of Halloween has devalued the Fright Nights product in my eyes and made part of it “less exclusive” as a result.

Literally, the only thing left worth attending for this year at the moment should it be back is the Big Top. If that’s gone, unless the park once again prioritises delivering on quality attractions above an IP like they used to pre-2013 (*hint hint Tulleys Farm*), I’m done with this event and wish to spend my money and time elsewhere this Halloween.

I think it would a terrible move to get rid of Big Top, it is easily the most fun maze at the event and I think the maze is nowhere near the end of its life-span.

The Big Top has been the shining light in the lineup in the past two years, to remove it would probably make me consider visiting at all.

I have to say I noticed a lack of construction on the Big Top site which does concern me, hopefully it does return..

When you have Saw Alive, Sanctum and Containment, it would be shocking for one of the most popular mazes in Fright Night's history to get axed..

As the post above said, if Big Top goes honestly I might just live at Tulleys this year..

2 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

I think it would a terrible move to get rid of Big Top, it is easily the most fun maze at the event and I think the maze is nowhere near the end of its life-span.

The Big Top has been the shining light in the lineup in the past two years, to remove it would probably make me consider visiting at all.

I have to say I noticed a lack of construction on the Big Top site which does concern me, hopefully it does return..

When you have Saw Alive, Sanctum and Containment, it would be shocking for one of the most popular mazes in Fright Night's history to get axed..

As the post above said, if Big Top goes honestly I might just live at Tulleys this year..

❤️

5 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

You can live at tulleys this year with there month pass ????

On 8/22/2018 at 12:39 AM, Stuntman707 said:

If it’s not replaced with anything new or it turns into another Walking Dead Maze then no. If it’s the same lineup as last year, I won’t be going anyway.

Don't be silly of course you will go. Even if it's to express your hatred. Why not go to Tulley's every night instead and spend £50 on tickets.

Do any of you guys have ANYTHING positive to say about fright nights this year?   

The park haven’t even announced anything for fright nights other than the walking dead will be involved in it. Let’s wait til they announce stuff, then we can start loving or hating them for it. For now though, go read or book, or go cycling, or skydive! 

Here’s the promotional artwork for this year: 

Since Sanctum was pretty rubbish and the majority of people said it would be better as a scare zone, I personally believe that there will be scare zones at the park this year. The “nowhere is safe” seems to be the slogan for this year as “the global phenomenon” was last year. Nowhere is safe just tells me that there will be more roaming actors and more scare zones. 

Also here’s a sad rumour for you (JUST A RUMOUR): Blair Witch will be replacing the big top. Somethings gotta go! the two walking dead mazes are pretty much confirmed, Saw alive is set and ready for fright nights as it’s open right now during love island lates, Platform 15 hasn’t been taken down and there’s some working going on Inside there at the moment if you look down monks walk.

The big top however, NOTHING! There’s no sign of the big top anywhere! Last year the construction started about nearly two weeks ago! I really don’t think the park will be operating 7 mazes (if containment counts as a maze) and even if the big top was the best maze at fright nights, it seems like the most logical maze to go. All the other mazes are all set up (other than sanctum) So they wouldn’t get rid of those. 

The Big top will hold a place in all of our hearts for a very, very long time. 

R.I.P The Big Top 2015-2017 

(just a rumour lmao)

p.s Sorry for the really long post. 

67E49813-CBB2-469C-978A-F09F71A01814.jpeg

I’ve seen on Twitter they’ve recently been trying out the Live version of The Walking Dead The Ride’s preshow, haven’t seen it

yet so hoping to soon, it would be good to see it in use over Fright Nights.

Theyve also had more actors in the exit which seems to work pretty well!