Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

TPC

In a frankly unheard of twist of events, I'm going to Thorpe on 4th, 11th and the 13th so will be interesting to see the difference in mazes, queue management etc. over those days... the initial reports are a little concerning but will reserve judgement until I experience it myself.

(Tulleys on 6th.... shhhh)

5 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

In a frankly unheard of twist of events, I'm going to Thorpe on 4th, 11th and the 13th so will be interesting to see the difference in mazes, queue management etc. over those days... the initial reports are a little concerning but will reserve judgement until I experience it myself.

(Tulleys on 6th.... shhhh)

Haha show off, I’m doing 7th and 13th at Thorpe (and 14th for tulleys). Excited :D

34 minutes ago, Marc said:

Those who are keen to try out the mazes before they open on Friday can book into the Shark on Thursday and get access to Fright Nights and the mazes on the press event ?

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS, I blagged my press event ticket under the premise that general riff raff would NOT be allowed in. Unbelievable. Now I know what the MAP holders group feel like - FUMIN'! ??

Still confused how Terror at Amity High can’t be a scarezone when it’s just actors even without theming; when Towers tan Freak Show and the one in Forbidden Valley - which was literally just people with chainsaws - and continue to advertise Ancestors and this new Galactica AIRways thing as attractions when they are, oh, just actors.

I also see other people’s points this year was quantity driven. Don’t think they were as bad as some are saying but yes, even compared to Scarefest it lacks; and nothing is coming close to Big Top etc.

2 hours ago, ThorpeAddict said:

It's £111 for 2 people.

I think that's very good value bearing in mind that includes park tickets as well at £33 each if don't have annual pass

If that price does include tickets, that’s not too bad. Members on Towers Street figured that type of accommodation is normally worth about £40 a night max.

27 minutes ago, Stuntman707 said:

If that price does include tickets, that’s not too bad. Members on Towers Street figured that type of accommodation is normally worth about £40 a night max.

Yeah, it includes park tickets, containment at a tenner each, car parking, breakfast next day and fast track on all the mazes for an hour. Park tickets, containment and car parking alone comes to around £90 - £95 ish so I think its really good value.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:08 PM, mrmatt said:

I’m still concerned with the lack of fright night fast track packages ? 

Fastrack is £28 for The terrifying trio (Walking Dead: Do or die, SAW Alive & Vulcan Peak)

Triple threat is also £28 (Living nightmare, platform 15 & deed creek woods)

or ultimate £150 which includes all mazes and rides (excludes containment)

5 minutes ago, Ringo said:

Fastrack is £28 for The terrifying trio (Walking Dead: Do or die, SAW Alive & Vulcan Peak)

Complete **** if you ask me. Blair witch isn’t included on any of the packages. Be good just to have one package for all mazes. This is gonna cost me £60 nearly pp 

last year ot was £30 for 5 mazes. Why couldn’t they just do £40 for 7 mazes. This is very disappointing 

12 minutes ago, Ringo said:

They’re charging £150 for ultimate??!! Jeez.

10 minutes ago, mrmatt said:

Complete **** if you ask me. Blair witch isn’t included on any of the packages. Be good just to have one package for all mazes. This is gonna cost me £60 nearly pp 

last year ot was £30 for 5 mazes. Why couldn’t they just do £40 for 7 mazes. This is very disappointing 

Totally agree with you - would be good if they did individual FT for the mazes but I guess this way makes them more ££££ 

3 minutes ago, Han30 said:

They’re charging £150 for ultimate??!! Jeez.

Totally agree with you - would be good if they did individual FT for the mazes but I guess this way makes them more ££££ 

Annoying this is Blair witch isn’t even included in any of them so even is I brought both packages I’ll still need to queue up to do them all

2 minutes ago, mrmatt said:

Annoying this is Blair witch isn’t even included in any of them so even is I brought both packages I’ll still need to queue up to do them all

Wow I’m slow didn’t even notice that ? - that’s pretty bad considering what they are charging for each FT package.  Maybe it’s to push people to fork out £150 which I personally think is a downright greedy price 

50 minutes ago, mrmatt said:

I believe that Blair witch will be included in some sort of package as at the entrance of the queue (when I went on AP night) there was a “scan for fastrack” sign.

I believe the “new attraction” will be another package with Blair witch.