The Small Parks Thread

Benin

1 hour ago, CharlieN said:

Isn’t there going to be a flash (Lewa adventure) clone coming to Land of Legends in Turkey next year? I would have no problem with that clone if it was true.

There is indeed sadly.

Taking my grievances out of the equation.

Is Turkey really an easier place to visit than China? I know I wouldn't feel safe going to Turkey at the moment, surely China is the better option? Plus there's much more to do once you're finished with Flash.

In other news, Bayern Park in Germany have announced they're getting a new dark ride, which is similar to Popcorn Revenge, the new-for-2019 dark ride at Walibi Belgium...

ob_76568a_lagotronics-farm-fair-gamechan

http://wonderworldweb.over-blog.com/2017/11/une-premiere-mondiale-interactive-pour-le-parc-d-attractions-allemand-bayern-park-le-parc-d-attractions-et-animalier-allemand-bayern

The ride, called Farm Fair, is a 4D interactive shooter from Dutch company Lagotronics Projects, and forms part of the park's new farm-area.  The ride rotates through certain scenes, whereas Popcorn Revenge has the possibility for non-linear routes and such.  Nonetheless, it's an interesting project, and certainly a good way for small parks to introduce shooting rides like this (which are always popular) on a budget and in a small footprint!

11 hours ago, Mega-Lite said:

There is indeed sadly.

Taking my grievances out of the equation.

Is Turkey really an easier place to visit than China? I know I wouldn't feel safe going to Turkey at the moment, surely China is the better option? Plus there's much more to do once you're finished with Flash.

Well it's closer, and has a few more Euro-centric amenities than China... Don't think you'd need to faff with visas either...

Plus tbh Istanbul looks like a cultural bonanza, and Ankara (with the new park of 16/17 creds) isn't too far off to do both (Antalya would be a different matter methinks, but is more a beach holiday anyway by looks of things)...

China also has the issue of trying to figure out where to go region wise... It's a bloody nightmare trying to figure it out...

• 3 weeks later...

What's better than one VR coaster in a park?  That's right, TWO VR coasters...

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/9061/Bobbejaanland-krijgt-tweede-virtual-reality-achtbaan-in-2018.html

Belgian park Bobbejaanland are giving the VR treatment to their suspended Vekoma coaster Dream Catcher.  The park's indoor coaster got the VR treatment back in 2016, and has set times during the day when the VR option is available (the goggles aren't attached to the cars like on Galactica).  Dream Catcher is the park's oldest coaster, 30 years old this year, and will have the station tarted up for next year.  Coaster itself is rather rubbish, and had a terrible throughput, and I doubt VR will improve it.

The park didn't have the greatest of year's this year, with a couple of incidents (see the Park Accidents thread) and a lot of complaining customers...  They have been doing questionnaires to see what sort of attraction people would like to see next, with a launch coaster, a non-looping coaster and a drop tower being options.  The park have only added 2 'new' things this decade, a poor spinning coaster in 2011 (which was rethemed this year) and an alright Holovis Immersive Tunnel in 2015.  So probably not really one to watch...

How did you miss out on TWO creds in one park is the most important question...

2 hours ago, Benin said:

Revolution is so bad it's fab :wub:

The rest of the park is the definition of mediocrity though, much like the rest of the Parques Reunidos portfolio it seems atm...

I dunno, their indoor log flume and rapids are fairly decent.  And I was fond of their immersive tunnel.  But on the whole the park is pretty awful...

The French baby brother of the Walibi parks, Walibi Rhone-Alpes, is getting a Gerstlauer (presumably Infinity) coaster for 2019...

It'll feature the first vertical lift in France and a "special surprise" at the end..

This represents continued major investment at the small park, which added a Gravity Group woodie last year and are spending €5m on a new family area for 2018.  So things are really big at the moment.

It's great to see Walibi doing great things with their parks...mostly.  There's this and Belgium is getting it's €100m overhaul from next year.  But Walibi Holland is still stagnating a bit bar Lost Gravity and some paint, and the investments elsewhere make their rumoured S&S free spin coaster for 2019 look very much like a short straw.

• 1 month later...

Schwaben Park is getting a RCT3 Cred!

Company called RES (Ride Engineers of Switzerland) are supplying it apparently...

It's... An interesting choice... The park has some decent potential (and Force 1 is actually pretty fab :wub: )  once you get over the whole dodgy Chimp part...

• 2 weeks later...

Best place to put this really...

http://www.cdapress.com/local_news/20180123/best_grandpa_ever

The owner of RMC's manufacturing firm is going to build a 100ft tall, 1800ft long Raptor track (single rail) coaster in his yard, "for his granddaughters" this summer.  Because why not?

How long till the goons knock at his door claiming to be some long lost illegitimate grandchild, just for the rare Coaster Count points? ;)

Bobbie Jobbie Landie has decided that 1 VR cred is not enough... They're adding MOAR!!1

Untitled-1-30.jpg?w=630

240118dream2.jpg

At least this means that Dream Catcher is getting some actual theming... I recall it being the only sodding thing I queued for my last visit and it was burdenous toss (and the ride wasn't much better)...

On 12/01/2018 at 10:08 AM, Benin said:

Schwaben Park is getting a RCT3 Cred!

Company called RES (Ride Engineers of Switzerland) are supplying it apparently...

It's... An interesting choice... The park has some decent potential (and Force 1 is actually pretty fab :wub: )  once you get over the whole dodgy Chimp part...

That looks absolutely awful!

Looks far too much like a Zacspin for my liking, as those things can die. Clearly you guys only like it because it looks like it has Taron seats.

• 3 weeks later...

Karls Erlebnis-Dorf, a small rural amusement park near Berlin, have announced their investment for 2018...

“K2 - Potato Adventure World”

There’s a moderate sized coaster which actually looks very fun and cute, but I’m mainly just pleased that potato appreciation in the theme park world isn’t just restricted to Ireland anymore.

Its an ABC rides tube coaster, seating 8 I believe: https://rcdb.com/15490.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I refuse to make a thread for Bobbejaanland yet because it doesn't deserve one.  But...

The park have announced that in 2019, they will open a triple launch coaster.  Whether this is something akin to Goldrush at Slagharen, Star Trek at MPG or Pulsar at Walibi Belgium (or even like Cheetah Hunt) is unclear.  It will form part of a new themed area.

https://www.facebook.com/bobbejaanland/videos/10156016148985822/