The Small Parks Thread

Benin

22 hours ago, JoshC. said:

Damn that's sad. I remember watching a roller coaster documentary in the early-to-mid 2000s and seeing Volcano; was one of the things that sparked my enthusiasm up a level. Never heard great reviews about the ride, but still, sad.

Here is that documentary. Almost 20 years ago it aired! I still remember watching it like it was only a few years ago! Damn I'm nearly 30!!! 

Very much out of nowhere, Bellewaerde in Belgium have put in plans for a new coaster...

thumb_aad81f3e8a94dcde50f03ac141ebc120_6

thumb-d136277c54d80499cdaaee85691384c0-6

thumb-bd424eedba4542d59ca9f49abb04ebec-6

http://pretparken.be/NL/article/2067/Bellewaerde plant nieuwe familie-achtbaan

Potentially a Gerstlauer, similar to Pegasus at Asterix. Features a couple of lift hills and a random launch into a spike at the end.

The park have done some big investing lately, with their random and pointless duelling alpine coasters they opened in 2017 (that make zero use of a terrain since the park is largely flat, and cost a hefty €4m), and a water park opening this year. There's no word on when this, and a much needed car park redevelopment, will open, but I'd hazard a guess at 2020..

6 hours ago, pluk said:

I don't understand what's going on at the 'end' there? Would it make more sense if it was a reverse launch into the spike, then forward to do the track the other way round? I'm not seeing the profile of a traditional lift hill out of the station the other way?

I'm very confused by the layout too tbh. The ride seems to leave the station to the right in the images above, up a lift hill, round the circuit, up another lift hill, then into a launch into the spike after a drop. Just feels very odd, and would surely have been better to start with a reverse launch spike, then have a lift hill mid-ride if so desired.

---

In other Belgian news, Bobbejaanland have announced the name of their Gerstlauer triple launch as Fury, and will be part of new area called Land of Legends, which will feature the park's gyro swing and Eurofighter. Some very tasty looking concept art too...

I'm not a fan of Bobbejaanland, but damn, that looks good.

Oh, and IMAScore are making the music for the area too.

Some Bobbie Jobbie fans had a wee backstage tour regarding the Fury/Land of Legends addition:

https://bobbejaanlandcentral.weebly.com/wintermeeting-2019.html

To be fair, the themeing for Forbidden Caves and the Dreamcatcher stuff last year was pretty decent, so this should continue a trend there... Also confirms that Typhoon will be officially a part of this area, and each ride will relate to an element (as explained in the link)...

Back to Walibi RA, and Mystic continues:

IMG-20190221-165726.png?width=783&height

IMG-20190221-170052.png?width=783&height

19022103470216651316128986.png?width=307

19022103470216651316128985.png?width=314

Walibi churning out all the good stuff at the moment. It's like entering a different dimension..

In other news, Legendia are getting rapids ride from Hafema in 2020. They've been involved in some good rapids; see River Quest at Phantasialand, Jurassic Park Rapids at Universal Singapore, El Rio at Bobbejaanland, and more..

The space it's taking is quite large, but one that I wouldn't feel like is a natural fit for a rapids. So wouldn't be surprised if we see a few fun elements thrown on to help give it that rapid edge..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been a while since we had anything Taiga on here..

Linnanmaki have been doing a making of series on Instagram (though totally in Finnish, with no English subtitles), till this random one which focuses on Intamin. Hopefully more to come over the coming weeks..

Ride should open in June/July.