The Small Parks Thread

Benin

Triggered by the post above me*****

How dare they they use that word. I'm so offended. Gonna cry now, thanks TPW!

Kentucky Kingdom recently just had their 2021 plans leaked. They are probably getting a Raptor of some kind (if it not delayed).

This will make the park have a brilliant top three. Three absolute airtime machines+two good woodies.

• 2 months later...

Double Post:

Silverwood (a small park in Idaho) are getting a RMC Raptor, a clone of Railblazer and WonderWoman. The ride has a neat theme, and has a pleasing red and white colour scheme. Certainly going to be give the park a elite coaster, a great compliment to their two woodies, their classic arrow, and their Vekoma Giant Boomerang. Certainly a park to visit now, as their lineup is pretty unique. I honestly pinned Silverwood as a good candidate for the next RMC, considering RMC have actually constructed most of Silverwood's coasters and re-done the track for Tremors. It really was a matter of time. 2021 is going to be the year of the raptor. 

1 hour ago, JoshuaA said:

2021 is going to be the year of the raptor. 

I feel like I've heard this every year since the Raptor was announced. 😂

No denying they've got potential and look like fun rides, but they don't seem to have taken off as well as RMC's conversions of wooden coasters. And they're having issues with the T-Rex model too still. Maybe one day they'll be a big thing, but it just feels like the model is ticking along right now, and not going to be the next big thing.

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

I feel like I've heard this every year since the Raptor was announced. 😂

I think they have been over-hyped a little, but I do think next year will see the model gain some steam.

2018 was the testing of waters, It might help we're actually getting confirmed raptors next year. Jersey Devil, Silverwood's, Kentucky Kingdom's, and the one that was due to open this year in South Dakota (probably will open next year).

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

And they're having issues with the T-Rex model too still. Maybe one day they'll be a big thing, but it just feels like the model is ticking along right now, and not going to be the next big thing.

From what RMC have said in interviews, I believe they are just testing the limits of the Raptor first. Look at Jersey Devil. They wanna test all the options, and sell a few to smaller parks as their price point is a steal (Silverwood, Kentucky Kingdom, and that random park in Dakota).

The-T Rex would be a huge step forward for RMC, and remember they only got their start 9 years ago.. It would also be a lot more resources than the Raptor. I'm sure when RMC are ready, we will get a T-Rex. 

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

No denying they've got potential and look like fun rides, but they don't seem to have taken off as well as RMC's conversions of wooden coasters.

I feel this is premature statement for a model that debuted in 2018. And two were due this year, remember it took several years for the hybrids to take off. I feel it is far too early to compare the model to the hybrids. 

• 4 months later...

On a highly positive note, Monster at Gröna Lund will feature the classic standard B&M invert trains!

F385396C-7487-4623-AC08-0D906CBB6AC3.thumb.jpeg.1576c7b43c175a3f3cc4af2eeaec66c7.jpeg

Either Gröna Lund are smart or B&M realised no one likes their new trains (or some other reason someone will definitely point out 😂).

Edited by Charlesberg
It would help if I put the correct name for the coaster 😂

2 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

I’d rather have the coaster called Monster and have those “old school” restraints than being Blue Harvest with those horrible new vests.

Excellent move by Grona and B&M. 

Pretty sure the sale of this coaster wasn't based on a certain name with a certain restraint but I digress. I'm glad this has the old style, perfect B&M restraints, The new ones killed Valravn and Valykire for me. 

34 minutes ago, Mark9 said:

Pretty sure the sale of this coaster wasn't based on a certain name with a certain restraint but I digress. I'm glad this has the old style, perfect B&M restraints, The new ones killed Valravn and Valykire for me. 

Metaphorically and speaking in terms of principles yes.

Having done rides like Banshee and Valravn (also mentioned), they personally ruined both rides for me to the point I consider them towards the bottom of my B&M rankings.

I think the vest restraints are fine on wing riders but inverts and dive machines should stick to the classic design.

Given this is the first B&M invert to open since Banshee, it'll be interesting to know whether the vest restraints are simply an option B&M provide (since it can allow different elements to be done comfortably), or if it was a failed experiment. 

There's been a mix with the new Dive Machines, some having vests, some having standard OTSRs. But the ones with vests all happened around the same time. So hard to tell.

I guess we'll be waiting a long time for another B&M invert before we can gain any further insight though..

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Recently visited Legendia in Katowice Poland, just some thoughts. 

Park has pretty enough landscaping, particularly around the entrance but there is room for improvement.

Lech coaster is phenomenal and honestly worth visiting the alone for. The dark ride is quirky yet charming and the water rides random to say the least.

Rest of the park is alright but not much to write home about. Numerous older rides which have been nicely enough styled/themed  feel like they are on their last legs. The royal ballroom ride for example was hilariously operated! 

Operations weren’t great although it wasn’t super busy. Several attractions were closed on the day of visiting. This doesn’t include the removed flats or SBNO Scary Toys coaster. I only got one Cred, but did experience an evac on Diabelska (formerly Iron Wolf/Twin Looper).

Overall ok park, but maybe not great. This place has the potential to be on the level of other city parks such as Tivoli Gardens & Liseberg. It’s a fair way behind that currently but we shall have to see what happens.