Sign in to follow this  
Benin

The Small Parks Thread

1 hour ago, CharlieN said:

Isn’t there going to be a flash (Lewa adventure) clone coming to Land of Legends in Turkey next year? I would have no problem with that clone if it was true.

There is indeed sadly.

Taking my grievances out of the equation.

Is Turkey really an easier place to visit than China? I know I wouldn't feel safe going to Turkey at the moment, surely China is the better option? Plus there's much more to do once you're finished with Flash.

In other news, Bayern Park in Germany have announced they're getting a new dark ride, which is similar to Popcorn Revenge, the new-for-2019 dark ride at Walibi Belgium...

ob_76568a_lagotronics-farm-fair-gamechan

http://wonderworldweb.over-blog.com/2017/11/une-premiere-mondiale-interactive-pour-le-parc-d-attractions-allemand-bayern-park-le-parc-d-attractions-et-animalier-allemand-bayern

The ride, called Farm Fair, is a 4D interactive shooter from Dutch company Lagotronics Projects, and forms part of the park's new farm-area.  The ride rotates through certain scenes, whereas Popcorn Revenge has the possibility for non-linear routes and such.  Nonetheless, it's an interesting project, and certainly a good way for small parks to introduce shooting rides like this (which are always popular) on a budget and in a small footprint!

11 hours ago, Mega-Lite said:

There is indeed sadly.

Taking my grievances out of the equation.

Is Turkey really an easier place to visit than China? I know I wouldn't feel safe going to Turkey at the moment, surely China is the better option? Plus there's much more to do once you're finished with Flash.

Well it's closer, and has a few more Euro-centric amenities than China... Don't think you'd need to faff with visas either...

Plus tbh Istanbul looks like a cultural bonanza, and Ankara (with the new park of 16/17 creds) isn't too far off to do both (Antalya would be a different matter methinks, but is more a beach holiday anyway by looks of things)...

China also has the issue of trying to figure out where to go region wise... It's a bloody nightmare trying to figure it out...

Turkey is easy to do, did a beach holiday there a couple of years ago, apply for the visa online, costs about £10... Also, if you're worried about visiting Turkey, you should avoid London, Paris, Barcelona, basically everywhere actually, lock yourself in your room.

Risk versus reward my friend, not worth tempting fate to get a cloned Chinese hyper coaster and not much else.

For the record I do avoid Paris, London and Barcelona, not from fear but because they are awful.

I'll see you in Seoul.