Sign in to follow this  
Benin

The Small Parks Thread

I love this thread. It makes me really excited to be a European enthusiast and I can’t wait to visit some of these more obscure parks  in the future.

Taiga hype:

Construction time lapse featuring the ride's audio

Some drone footage. The top hat into the hill thing just looks lush

Speaking of Bobbejaanland, they've pulled a major wild card out of their hat with Fury

When Fury leaves the station, it makes its way to a turntable, which then spins to allign with the launch track. It then proceeds to do a swing launch (one forward launch, rolls back, then a backward launch, then a forward launch into the circuit). Fairly standard.

But it's been revealed that Fury will give riders the option to vote on whether the train itself will face forwards or backwards for the majority of the circuit. Each lapbar will have a button to choose forwards or backwards which must be pressed between leaving the station and before going on the turntable. Whichever way has the most votes 'wins'. If it's a tie, it's decided randomly.

It's a crazy idea, but I love it. And the idea itself is pretty cool and opens up so many more possibilities for coasters in the future!

(Source)

The Polish Plopsa park, Majaland, have been making good progress with their woodie..

DSC2520-wynik.jpg

Source: SkyScraperCity

Pretty much a clone of Heidi at Plopsaland (which itself is pretty much a clone of White Lightning at Fun Spot, Orlando), and will be Poland's first woodie.

Fury at Bobbejaanland will be opening on June 22nd. Here's the state of it at the mo..

The park have also confirmed they will run the ride exclusively forwards for parts of each operating day, so people who don't want to ride backwards can happily ride..