TPM Meets Calendar 2018

Ryan

Hello all!

I’m pleased to announce our plans for meets in 2018. You may notice there is not one every month this year and that’s because we want to focus on the quality rather than the quantity of meets. In response to your feedback we are setting the dates for the first half of the year in advance. The second half of the year's dates will be confirmed in early 2018.

Individual meet topics will follow shortly, but for now this is what we have planned:

• Saturday 13th January - Guildford Spectrum
  • Saturday 10th February - Adventure Island
  • Saturday 24th March (can’t confirm until Thorpe confirm dates) - Thorpe Park
  • Saturday 21st/Sunday 22nd April - Alton Towers
  • Saturday 19th May - Chessington
  • Sat/Sun 14th/15th OR Sat/Sun 21st/22nd July - Blackpool
  • September - Phantasialand/Liseberg/Europa Park (will be a vote for which park, then in early 2018 we will look at the best dates/prices available.
  • October - Fright Nights (can’t say when until dates are up, but likely to be the second weekend of the event)
  • December - London Christmas (date will be decided mid-2018)

There is room for a Thorpe MOS meet too if they are doing that again, and potentially a beach style meet in August!

Please share your thoughts and opinions below :)

Liking the list selection, which I think offers a great variety from what I can see. I like that most of the meets have fixed dates, which helps from the work perspective.

Will try and make most/all of the meets if I can, but that depends on what happens with my life at the time. 

I think it's a good idea to have multiple choice for the abroad parks as it enables users to select where they want to go. Europa is an overall amazing place to visit, Liseberg is one of the easiest European parks to get to and will  feature a major new coaster. Phantasialand is just stunning head to toe. 

If its the first two, count me in for sure.

Ryan, would there be a possibility of the europe thrip coving several parks this year, E.g fly to cologne day1 at movie park germany, day 2 at phantasisa, and 2 days at europa park then fly back from basel or similar ? Obviously would only be an option if we had enough drivers

33 minutes ago, RobF said:

Ryan, would there be a possibility of the europe thrip coving several parks this year, E.g fly to cologne day1 at movie park germany, day 2 at phantasisa, and 2 days at europa park then fly back from basel or similar ? Obviously would only be an option if we had enough drivers

Could definitely be a possibility yeah!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to suggest doing a meet to Tulley's Shocktober Fest along-side Fright nights. The event in general is much bigger than Fright Nights with 9 mazes this year which are at least 10 - 30mins (Colony) long. There is a direct bus there and back from Three Bridges station. If enough people are interested in going, they do offer a group discount.

23 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

I'd like to suggest doing a meet to Tulley's Shocktober Fest along-side Fright nights. The event in general is much bigger than Fright Nights with 9 mazes this year which are at least 10 - 30mins (Colony) long. There is a direct bus there and back from Three Bridges station. If enough people are interested in going, they do offer a group discount.

Could not fault shocktoberfest last season. Excellent high quality mazes and great atnesphere to. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey all,

Due to the change in leading these meets this has obviously meant a change in the calendar for 2018.

As a result of the change the calendar will also change:

• September abroad trip will no longer take place (this year anyway)
  • October - TPM Fright Nights Meet
  • December - TPM Christmas Meet

A provisional 2019 calendar will come around November time.

In the meantime keep your eyes peeled for information on the Fright Nights meet.

Matt

I’ve not been to a meet this year due to personal reasons but just want to say thanks to Ryan (and Paige) for the meets I attended last year - both myself and Roodie enjoyed the ones we attended and as was the case when Peaj ran the meets, they were always great fun.

Best of luck to Matt in running forthcoming meet ups - when I’m up to it I’ll try to get to some meet ups as you guys here are a great bunch of people and I kind of miss everyone 

Just want to say welcome to you Matt. 

I have seen a few of you about recently but haven't been to a official TPM event for a while. Will look out for the dates of the next two events and hopefully attend at least one of them.

Best of luck Matt and thanks to Ryan and Paige for the events they hosted.