TPM Awards 2017

JoshC.

It's come to that time of year again - it's the Thorpe Park Mania Awards!

Once again, we are using SurveyMonkey to collect the results.  If you've never used it before, don't worry - it's dead easy!

There's been two new awards added (and none spited!) - Best UK Scare Attraction, and Friendliest Member.  The full list...

PARK AWARDS:

-Best UK Park

-Best UK Coaster

-Best UK Flat Ride

-Best UK Water Ride

-Best UK Dark Ride

-Best UK Scare Attraction

-Best UK Themed Experience

-Worst UK Ride

-Best International Park

-Best International Coaster

-Best New-for-2017 Attraction (can be in the UK)

-Best International Themed Experience

-Most Uncomfortable Ride

-Most Disappointing Merlin Moment 2017

-Best Looking Attraction for 2018

-Best Manufacturer

FORUM AWARDS:

-Best Member

-Best Team Member

-Best New Member

-Best Quality Posts

-Best Official TPM Meet

-Most Knowledgeable Member

-Most Dedicated Member

-Most Sarcastic Member

-Most Likely to be Banned in 2017

-Funniest Member

-Friendliest Member

-Biggest Fanboy/girl

-Sexiest Male

-Sexiest Female

-Storm Surge Award

-Cutest Couple

-Member you'd like to see more of

And here's some clarifications in case any of the above are confusing...

• You don't have to vote for all the categories if you don't want!
  • Please you forum usernames rather than real names - makes things easier
  • For the park awards, feel free to vote for parks / rides you like the look of the best (especially the case of International Awards, where members might not have been on many / any foreign rides).
  • Team Members are any member with an orange box underneath their username.
  • A list of new members since the last Awards can be found here.  There's 6 pages of new members, and they're in alphabetical order.
  • Friendliest Member - Any particular member who you've found particularly friendly / helpful at meets and on the forums!
  • Storm Surge Award:  Vote for the member who you think reminds you of Storm Surge or should be awarded a Storm Surge for their efforts in TPM.
  • Member you'd like to see more of Award:  Vote for the member who you'd like to see post on the forums more often / see at meets / generally get to know a bit better!

These are of course meant to be a bit of fun, so just enjoy the ride!  

CAST YOUR VOTES HERE!

(Alternative link in case that doesn't work - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5WH29QP)

Voting will close at 8pm on Friday 15th December.  Please do not vote after this time as your votes will not count but you may be charged...

If there's demand, some winners may be revealed at the TPM Christmas Meet on the 16th (read - if I have nothing better to do on a Friday night before the meet, I might tally up the votes).

If there's any questions, problems or whatever, please PM me and I'll get back to you.

Happy voting!

• JoshC. pinned this topic

Just saying. I'm so likely to win most dedicated member as I write so many posts here and they are so detailed, and they never, ever cause any arguments. People never get annoyed or really angry with me for saying Chessington and Bubble works are awful and overrated. I really don't think I'm at at all, being sarcastic whatsoever! :)

Keep 'em coming guys...

raw.gif

In serious news - a reminder that if you wish to change your votes in any way, please contact me and do not submit in a new poll.  Anyone doing so in the future will have their votes not counted and an extra vote for the not-so-prestigious Storm Surge award added to their name... ;)

18 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

If we have two usernames on here, can I vote using both of them? Asking for a Jart a friend...

I would find it awfully suspicious if you voted for Jart on every category and Jart voted for you in every category.  But there's nothing in the rules against it, so looks like you've found a loophole...

;)

It's come to my attention that the link for voting wasn't working for everyone.  Scandalous!  But rest assured, I have created an alternative link in case the original does not work..  And if neither work, let me know and I'll be sure to curse you and say your vote doesn't matt- I mean, I'll look into it with the greatest sense of urgency, because your vote makes all the difference.

tenor.gif?itemid=4634536

• JoshC. unpinned this topic