The Future of SAW - The Ride

RobPHolt94

So, SAW - The Ride is now about to enter it's TENTH season.. Time flies!

Personally, I feel like the ride is ageing relatively poor, with the last couple of years becoming unbearable to ride, I mean; they sold Paracetamol in the store once upon a time for a reason!

What does everybody think lies in the future of this attraction? I always presumed that the ride would be re-themed with the end of the Lionsgate contract, but now that Jigsaw has been released in the cinemas, I should think the contract has therefore been extended?

20 minutes ago, alexander said:

It's not that the ride has aged poorly as such, it's just the ride was crap to begin with.

Preach. 

I don’t think I’ve ever ridden a smooth Gerstlaur. Even The Smiler in opening year had a rattle.

I don’t enjoy rollercoasters where you have to think about how to ride - in order to escape with only minor injuries. Sit forward, people tell me, increase your neck strength, others say - na, I’d rather sit back and let the ride take me where it wants, which is the purpose of roller coasters after all. 

Saw’s poor layout (for my element preferences), ridiculous roughness and undesirable theme mean I will never like it. Sorry fanboys.  

I mean I absolutely love Saw, more than Shambhala or Red Force. It is forceful, has a good amount of theming and has a very good layout (maybe slightly too short but long enough AHEM Stealth). The ride has a solid capacity (and it's an awfully clever system in how the coaster operates). Theming wise, I'd expect it not to change but maybe it would be nice to get some of the original concept art appearing in the attraction more.

20 minutes ago, TPC said:

I mean I absolutely love Saw, more than Shambhala or Red Force. It is forceful, has a good amount of theming and has a very good layout (maybe slightly too short but long enough AHEM Stealth). The ride has a solid capacity (and it's an awfully clever system in how the coaster operates). Theming wise, I'd expect it not to change but maybe it would be nice to get some of the original concept art appearing in the attraction more.

I disagree and I don't feel like it's fair to compare to Stealth either, given they aren't even remotely similar in terms of ride types/experience. Stealth's USP is it's height and speed - much similar to Oblivion's USP is its drop alone. SAW's layout really isn't that good, especially compared to other Eurofighters. Was Mystery Mine one of the first to popularise the ride type? Because that is honestly miles better than SAW in terms of story-telling, theme and experience. Credit where credit is due, the blades at the bottom of the drop is pretty iconic but honestly, the ride is just meh.

I was more referring to stealth being so forgettable and over, after a blink of the eye. At least, saw feels a lot longer and it's the only coaster at thorpe that I can say makes me smile at the end of the ride. Nemesis Inferno is good but there's nothing spectacular. Stealth is meh. Colossus just focusses on inversions. THE SWARM lacks any force, whatsoever, except on the drop. Unlike mystery mine, saw isn't just a story based experience with a hint of an actual coaster. Saw mixes both theming and the actual coaster very well.

2 hours ago, CharlieN said:

Preach. 

I don’t think I’ve ever ridden a smooth Gerstlaur. Even The Smiler in opening year had a rattle.

I don’t enjoy rollercoasters where you have to think about how to ride - in order to escape with only minor injuries. Sit forward, people tell me, increase your neck strength, others say - na, I’d rather sit back and let the ride take me where it wants, which is the purpose of roller coasters after all. 

Saw’s poor layout (for my element preferences), ridiculous roughness and undesirable theme mean I will never like it. Sorry fanboys.  

I agree with what you're saying about needing to think about how to get a comfortable ride, but I also acknowledge when riding that Gerst are amongst one of the cheapest coaster manufacturers out there, so I sort of take that into consideration, and generally, I manage to get a relatively smooth & enjoyable ride out of Smiler. Saw, however, I love the franchise but the roughness of that thing is just crazy nowadays..

With Saw my method of bracing requires knowing the layout, working out where the force will shove u and brace against it. with your head forward and central so you have more time to react.  though the drop after the mid course brake run is impossible its too steep and fast. Honestly the only improvement I could make to the ride (bar keeping the effects going/fixed as saw is one of the best in the park for theaming and coaster) would relate to what to do when the saw licence comes out.

My though its turn it from Saw: the ride to Saw  a coaster taking place in a abandoned sawmill in Canada creek where your put into a rusty worn out transit system modified from logs and almost get chopped up by buzz saw blades (and the blades outside)

Saw will always be rough but for 2016 it got a bit smoother

All of you speaking ill of Gerts as a whole need to get out there and repent your sins on Karnan.

As for Eurofighters, they are just a terrible coaster design. Awful ride vehicles, jolty ugly track, god awful vertical lifts and they are all really short.

Saw has the best layout of all the Eurofighters I've ridden, that's not saying much but it counts for something.

Either it's running a lot smoother recently or I'm just getting immune to a beating on a coaster these days. Some of you need to man up a bit!