46 members have voted

1. 1. What religion are you?

• Protestant
    • Catholic
    • Sikh
    • Muslim
    • Buddhist
    • Other

I've been brought up christian, but alot of things about the religion didn't add up - contradictory ideas and so forth. So I have come to the conclusion that I believe somthing greater is out there, although I dunno what, and I follow the general morals of chrisitanity (do not kill, steal, cheat, etc.) but stuff like the bible and praying I just can't bring myself to believe in.On top of that, my experices with christians havent been all that dandy.In my opinion, if anything religion is just a way to make people follow and abide by morals and give people hope and comfort in 'dark hours'. But sometimes I feel people just use it as an excuse for things they just can't explain and when it comes to the nitty gritty - the religion isnt that clear. But yeh, things like the bible just seem to be one big metaphore for making sure people do the right thing.But hey, who knows.

I've been brought up christian, but alot of things about the religion didn't add up - contradictory ideas and so forth. So I have come to the conclusion that I believe somthing greater is out there, although I dunno what, and I follow the general morals of chrisitanity (do not kill, steal, cheat, etc.) but stuff like the bible and praying I just can't bring myself to believe in.On top of that, my experices with christians havent been all that dandy.In my opinion, if anything religion is just a way to make people follow and abide by morals and give people hope and comfort in 'dark hours'. But sometimes I feel people just use it as an excuse for things they just can't explain and when it comes to the nitty gritty - the religion isnt that clear. But yeh, things like the bible just seem to be one big metaphore for making sure people do the right thing.But hey, who knows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you!!! I 90% agree with you (but I do go to church). ;) *Weird Outburst Over*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I grew up believing that there was some kind of god and when I was 16 I became a fundementalist Christian. However, I am no longer a christian. I find the morals and messages of the bible to be disturbing and innacurate. I am against religion as it just seems to be another way of brainwashing people and I don't think that's a good thing. People should think for themselves and I don't approve of indoctrination. I could never live by the rules of the bible, quaran, torah etc as I'm against the teachings. Obviously, I think some of Jesus's teachings are very good, but even some of what he said is a little unsettling.I'm not sure if I would call myself an atheist though. I am a believer in science and evolution and tbh I find the idea of a god to be extremally unlikely. On the other hand, there is a constant nagging in the back of my mind that thinks there might be a god, so I can't really label myself as an atheist. I'm definatley a skeptic and a non-believer but I don't know whether or not to call myself an atheist or an agnostic. I don't know if there is a god or not, but I would be more willing to accept Deism than Theism tbh. It's nice to think that there is a god but I really have too many problems with the concept for me to become a believer lol. I don't have a problem with people who believe in god as long as they arn't like my former friend who told me I was demonic and Satanic and constantly ranted on about how sick gay people are.

• 1 month later...

I'm Jewish, I never used to be religious until last year in February though when I visited a concentration camp/ghetto called Terezin where many Jews were murdered and the city of Prague where my ancestor's grave (which I visited) is who was a famous Rabbi who created the Golem and through him, I'm directly related to King David :P (I'm a royal yay) as are thousands of other Jews. I have witnessed acts of Divine providence (an event caused by G-d) many times over the past 8 months.

• 1 year later...

I know this is old but I'm catholic and agree COMPLETELY with you.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
38 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I'm very atheist, I just can't believe in a god when such horrible things are constantly happening around the world.

Not saying I disagree with you but if you ask religious people the answer is that you can be suffering for your generation and your descendants' sins as well as the concept you are suffering to learn how to become a better person.