2018 General Discussion

JoshC.

How many tickets usually are up for grabs for these preview days?

I'll admit I haven't visited on the preview day in years so I'm not aware of how limited it is anymore, but for all the slots to go in less than an hour, either they are extremely limited or there's thousands of highly motivated people who are desperate for an early trip to Thorpe Park, both of those ideas seem a little crazy to me in all honesty.

Don't care because I'm already in, just curious...

From previous experiences, the most recent ones seem to be reasonably limited.  It's far from busy, probably about half as busy as your standard weekend in Spring I'd say...probably a bit less actually.  

Of course, there's always a few more hiccups than normal, with staff being a bit slower as they find their feet, maybe a couple more engineering issues, but on the whole it is usually a very relaxed day, for lack of a better word.  This season's one might be better, since it's the first one in a good couple of years that will have the Big 6 (7 including Ghost Train I s'pose) open.

Boooooooo (for 18th)

"Please note that Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise Of The Demon will be available from 12pm and that Rush, The Walking Dead: The Ride, Quantum and Rocky Express will not be operating on this date. All rides and attractions are subject to availability."

"No Fastrack units will be available on the day however VIP Passholders will be able to access Fastrack queues."

29 minutes ago, Rach666 said:

Boooooooo (for 18th)

"Please note that Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise Of The Demon will be available from 12pm and that Rush, The Walking Dead: The Ride, Quantum and Rocky Express will not be operating on this date. All rides and attractions are subject to availability."

"No Fastrack units will be available on the day however VIP Passholders will be able to access Fastrack queues."

Does that mean Rush still isn’t fixed or they are still putting it back together?

Rush is prob becasue there doing a full refurb and repaint. the latter prob why it wont be open.  with quantum and rocky the way the small rides are refurbed is that there not all done at once due to amount of manpower.  for what ever reason the refurbishments must of been last in the refurbishment and at some point its taken longer than expected  could be parts on one of the rides or them helping out with X if needed.   still waiting for the entusiasts who says the day is runined cause they  cant ride rocky on the first day.

Still the thing you should congratulate is the fact they did DBGT refurbishment in the time. from what I can tell its quite a big job (one of the reasons it opens at 12 every day its open) plus hopefuly alows for the effects to stay working

43 minutes ago, 1729 said:

Still the thing you should congratulate is the fact they did DBGT refurbishment in the time. from what I can tell its quite a big job (one of the reasons it opens at 12 every day its open) plus hopefuly alows for the effects to stay working

There is no way on earth I will be congratulating Thorpe for getting a ride ready for the start of the season when the ride is 2 years old. If it was an issue to get it ready then they should have considered maintenance during its design. Seeing as the ride is ready it does show that the mechanical design for the ride is atleast serviceable.

Every closed season on this forum it's claimed rush is getting an extensive refurb and this year it seems that might actually be the case. The thing always seems to have some excess downtime at either the start or end of the season so I'm not surprised it won't be open for pass day. 

53 minutes ago, Project LC said:

Yeah I've seen the images. But it might just be a paint job rather than a full mechanical overhaul. But to be honest I don't know how rush has been running the last few years so it might not need much mechanical work. I gave up on visiting the park (Merlin Group) a couple of years ago.

Rush had a pretty major problem last year, hence it started being stripped down before the end of the season.

That's not their 'map' (as in the one that's printed off and there for guests to collect).  It's their digital version, which is a lot more accurate and is there to help you get your bearings.  Slammer being there reflects that there is still a thing there, but it's not something that's open as there's no locator sticker by it.

It might be a bit confusing, and they probably could have included the fences to highlight it's non-accessibility, but they're not exactly advertising it as an open thing.  They've done the exact same thing with Saw Alive in previous years.

11 minutes ago, CallumSyxr said:

A little birdy told me something in 2018 is going to be repaired and will be working again (I dont think I can say til the park is open) and also apparently Colossus's Trains have been repainted to original Turquoise colours but this is APPARENTLY! So dont quote me!.

;)

I thought Colossus's trains have always been red?