2018 General Discussion

JoshC.

56 minutes ago, Marc said:

Swarm had its fire / water jets back and running today and Stealth had its launch smoke back :)

Yes I noticed this last Saturday, the fire truck caught some people off guard. Was nice to see, let's hope they remain back, as earlier in season they were working and lasted less than a week! 

Is there any official set ride availability over the evening sessions?

Several evenings during the 10pm closes including today most flat rides have shut early, leaving just coasters, Detonator, Dodgems, Tidal, storm surge and flying fish open. Yet when I asked Thorpe Park they assured me all rides open till 10pm except I'm a celeb, living nightmare, zombie hunt, and old town rides closing at 6pm and Rumba at sunset. 

It seems to have been fairly inconsistent, as last Saturday most rides were open until the very end. 

I am guessing it is purely based on crowd levels? 

Finally got round to visiting a Love Island late and apart from the very unfortunate power cut it was generally an enjoyable night. 

• Managed several night rides on Swarm, Stealth and Saw
  • There were a few breakdowns However they usually can’t be helped
  • Operations were particularly good on Stealth and Swarm
  • Tidal Wave was on three boats which was great to see
  • The Love Island activaties seemed more popular than expected 
  • The Park was neither busy or quiet, but had a good balance between the two

I personally think Thorpe has a better atmosphere during the evening/night but that might be me. I hope they continue more of these events in the future as evening/nights openings are definitely a good thing in U.K. parks, even if the majority of joe public arrive and leave between 10-6pm.

Also got round to trying Sticky Sisters, nothing amazing really and quite expensive for what you get. The chips on the other hand are delicious! 

Going to Thorpe Park today for the lates with my aunt @Han30 on national rollercoaster day!

Extremely happy that saw alive has finally opened after being delayed - I’ve wanted to do it for a looong time. I’ve only done one maze so far which was living nightmare this year to see what it’s like. Fortunately, I loved it and I can’t wait to try the other mazes such as  Big Top (another on my bucket list), platform 15 and, of course, saw alive!  Maybe it’s my obsession with Billy? Maybe it’s my obsession with the ride? I don’t know but all I do know is that I want to do it so bad ??

1 minute ago, that.girl.soph said:

Going to Thorpe Park today for the lates with my aunt @Han30 on national rollercoaster day!

Extremely happy that saw alive has finally opened after being delayed - I’ve wanted to do it for a looong time. I’ve only done one maze so far which was living nightmare this year to see what it’s like. Fortunately, I loved it and I can’t wait to try the other mazes such as  Big Top (another on my bucket list), platform 15 and, of course, saw alive!  Maybe it’s my obsession with Billy? Maybe it’s my obsession with the ride? I don’t know but all I do know is that I want to do it so bad ??

Not long till Fright Nights and hopefully Saw Alive will be open today unless it ends up floating off in the rain ??

54 minutes ago, Marshal Gecko said:

Question, are there any changing rooms within the park where you can change clothes after getting drenched on Tidal Wave?

The Thorpe chavs tend to just use the exit bridge as an area to change, however I don’t think there are allocated changing rooms unless you use the toilets. Don’t quote me on it though as I’m not 100% sure!

1 hour ago, Stuntman707 said:

I never understood how the beach area at Thorpe works without changing rooms?

I’ve never actually thought about this as the only time I have ever been on the beach was for big top in 2015! But good point! I don’t quite understand either