2018 General Discussion

JoshC.

On 10/3/2018 at 1:14 PM, Han30 said:

That’s a good deal but only gives you 30 mins to ram as much food down your neck as is humanly possible - then potentially see it again shortly after ?

Cooked breakfasts include baked beans too - you’d be trumping your way around the park ????‍♀️?

10 hours ago, Mer said:

Cooked breakfasts include baked beans too - you’d be trumping your way around the park ????‍♀️?

That might explain the awful stench I walked into when waiting to put my bag in on Stealth - I’ve never held my breath for so long it was THAT bad ?

• 1 month later...

Yikes.. Tbh I'm not surprised in the slightest, Colossus had a awful year of dispatches, every single time I rode Colossus the operations were consistently awful.

Inferno was very hit/miss this year but was slightly surprised at how long it took, that is worse than usual!

Stealth and Saw are no surprise, the crew on both rides seemed pretty decent on my visits.

When compared to other European parks Thorpe looks pretty bad, heck Taylor even did the same style video for PA and the dispatches overall were a little better than Thorpe.

Thorpe need to up their game, when PA can out-do you on dispatches you know you have fu**ed up..

Nemesis Inferno always seemed to be dire when it had one particular operator, and as shown in the video the 3 minute dispatches, rechecks of whole trains over and over and constant announcements on PA were a common occurence! A shame as it was always so well run in previous years or when under other operators!

• Mattgwise unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 9:38 AM, Benin said:

The Flambards article was a bit... strange really... It's not like they hadn't done something and the point is well made that to get a completely unique system isn't always cost effective for smaller companies to supply for the one person who visits who needs it...

Unfortunately, there's still so many steps to be made for companies to comply, and cost, time and space is a big factor in all of this...

Dread to think how bad Chessie is for it...

Old thread I know but only appropriate place to post given it’s a relatively small park with no thread of its own.

But Flambards have fortunately had the case thrown out as they had made significant improvements and they were even acknowledged by the boy’s legal team. Basically this case was wrong they only attempted to further it because it was “no win, no fee” but now it’s costing them thousands.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/disabled-boy-who-tried-sue-2708196

spokesperson for Flambards said: “We have invested significant sums in facilities for our guests, including spending on enhanced toilet facilities for visitors who face the same sort of challenges with dressing, changing and toileting as Adam.

“We were therefore saddened and disappointed when we received a claim for compensation from Adam who is we know represented by solicitors who specialize in acting for disabled claimants under ‘no win no fee’ agreements.

“We were certain that we had taken all the steps we could both to provide visitors with proper facilities and also to comply with the law, and it was frustrating to see that we were going to have to defend a claim for damages as well.

“Of course, every pound which we spend on damages and on legal fees is a pound which is not available for us to spend on better facilities for our visitors.”