JoshC.

2018 General Discussion

1 hour ago, Coaster said:

That actually sounds amazing!  I assume you can't gain access until the park/rides open though?

Very rare occurrence here. Put this one in the history books.

A sign outside the dome said this deal stands up until 10:30am, which I assume is last admission for guests into Fin’s, so does go into the day just a little bit. Pretty good offer though!

That’s a good deal but only gives you 30 mins to ram as much food down your neck as is humanly possible - then potentially see it again shortly after ?

On 10/3/2018 at 1:14 PM, Han30 said:

That’s a good deal but only gives you 30 mins to ram as much food down your neck as is humanly possible - then potentially see it again shortly after ?

Cooked breakfasts include baked beans too - you’d be trumping your way around the park ????‍♀️?

10 hours ago, Mer said:

Cooked breakfasts include baked beans too - you’d be trumping your way around the park ????‍♀️?

That might explain the awful stench I walked into when waiting to put my bag in on Stealth - I’ve never held my breath for so long it was THAT bad ?

On 10/5/2018 at 11:57 AM, Han30 said:

That might explain the awful stench I walked into when waiting to put my bag in on Stealth - I’ve never held my breath for so long it was THAT bad ?

No naked flames around that please!

I see from Facebook that today is "that" particular day where people Travel from far and wide to Thorpe Park & Alton Towers...

#prayfortheannualpassholders

EDIT: my fave tweet thus far is someone asking why there are so many people in high heels on park today ?

6FEDE7C2-560B-44E4-8A33-E43685B9861F.jpeg

First hints for next year - sounds like we will see events over the season similar to what we did this year. Fingers crossed for more late night summers!

Coaster Studios (Tyler), a well known American Youtuber/enthusiast recently uploaded a video timing and comparing operations of Thorpe Park’s main coasters. See the video below.

Anyone want to guess which rides have the best/worst operations?

Yikes.. Tbh I'm not surprised in the slightest, Colossus had a awful year of dispatches, every single time I rode Colossus the operations were consistently awful.

Inferno was very hit/miss this year but was slightly surprised at how long it took, that is worse than usual!

Stealth and Saw are no surprise, the crew on both rides seemed pretty decent on my visits.

When compared to other European parks Thorpe looks pretty bad, heck Taylor even did the same style video for PA and the dispatches overall were a little better than Thorpe.

Thorpe need to up their game, when PA can out-do you on dispatches you know you have fu**ed up..

This has been the video I've been waiting for! And it's generally better than expected (showing just how low our expectations for Thorpe Park are). Colossus was faster in the vid than when I went there this year. A commenter said the following:

Colossus is more understandable for long dispatches, as the restraints are heavy, and lifting them all day is tiring for staff. As well, it has a lot of issues with locking, as often the blue light in the station will not shine after the first go of locking , meaning it cant dispatch as the system says a restraint isnt locked properly, hence meaning staff have to go down the train again pushing down restraints. As well the restraints are tight meaning restraints often have to be released to assist a guest. Staff though make a big difference, as ive found dispatches to vary between 1.2, up to 5 mins this season when two trains have been in operation.

Nemesis Inferno - I can't see why it takes so long on that ride to dispatch the trains. Really, the only rollercoaster that shouldn't have sub 1 to 1.5 min dispatches is Colossus. Flats will have slightly longer dispatch times but I'm guessing sub 2 to 2.5 mins is achievable. Come on TP for 2019! 

In short: Inferno and Colossus MUST speed up. 

Saw - would be nicer if they were as quick as they were in this vid more often.

Stealth and Swarm - Very good! - if they're constantly dispatching their trains at the speeds in the video then they're exceeding their target PPH

Flying Fish - Slow. The ride and the queue line. But you're usually on within 2/3 trains so it's fine.

Nemesis Inferno always seemed to be dire when it had one particular operator, and as shown in the video the 3 minute dispatches, rechecks of whole trains over and over and constant announcements on PA were a common occurence! A shame as it was always so well run in previous years or when under other operators!