The Crealy Way Adventure Park

It's not fair having a Birthday in February, most other times of the year you can celebrate this sacred day with a special trip somewhere nice (with creds of course), but in February your options are seriously limited. Knowing I wanted something at least a little adventurous for my special day, I did a bit of research into what's open in Feb these days. My research came back with 2 parks and 2 parks only, The Milky Way Adventure Park and Crealy.

After convincing my friend, who said he'll do it for the league, we set off on the freezing cold Sunday morning. The drive went surprisingly well, which is a rarity for me (don't worry it all goes wrong later) and soon we arrived at...

The Milky Way Adventure Park

I was already surprised such a low key park (a park I only recently learned of), was open in February, but after arriving and seeing about 10 cars in the car park half hour after opening I was speechless, how are they making enough money to stay open?!

To set the scene (I really wish I took a photo), from the car park all you can see is 3 conjoined grey warehouses with a Milky Way logo bolted to the middle one, it's both pathetic and intriguing at the same time.

We got to the ticket counter without seeing another soul and was greeted by one of the nicest people I have ever met. The fantastic woman running the ticket office (which doubles as the gift shop) was so friendly it actually threw me off guard. She spent at least 10 minutes giving us an indepth tour of the park via the park map, telling us all the tricks of the park and where she recommends we get food. I really cannot commend her enough and shall be contacting the park to let them know, brilliant stuff.

Despite getting a 10 minute step by step guide of how to get around, upon entry we got lost straight away. Milky Way Adventure is 75% indoors and 25% outdoors and getting around the indoor section is absolutely hilarious. It's more of a maze than the hedge maze outside and you literally have to push open doors to continue your adventure, something I don't recall ever doing before at a theme park.

Eventually we found our way outside to the section that contains the park's 2 outdoor coasters.

Cosmic Typoon - https://rcdb.com/3958.htm

While this coaster was nothing special, the sheer comedy of the park kept me amused.

IMG_6284.thumb.JPG.aebda7beff26863785c654f448fcca99.JPG

Cosmic Caterpillar - https://rcdb.com/4059.htm

Within 10 seconds of us standing at the wait here sign for an operator to show up, an extremely friendly man rocked up with his coffee and oh so happily let us have 2 laps, top bloke, top park. +1

IMG_6285.thumb.JPG.11e637abd4ad1e8111c27c4a5a241018.JPG

The rides operate on a time slot basis and our date with Clone Zone was 20 minutes away, so we did the aforementioned hedge maze, which was great fun.

IMG_6286.thumb.JPG.3d3271a1c6654ddefcbfe16d86081448.JPG

Clone Zone - https://rcdb.com/857.htm

I know you lot love clones and the thought of a whole zone of them is too much for you, but please keep it in your pants...

Clone Zone is f**king fantastic! I refuse to even entertain the idea of giving the details away, but it's truly phenomenal. All you need is, there's aliens, there's a powered Caripro Batflyer, there's theming that ranges from cheesy (in a nice way) to holy crap that's awesome and there's moments of intense physical activity. Clone Zone alone makes Milky Way worth the trip, the other creds and the incredible staff are bonuses.

IMG_6289.thumb.JPG.513a0d61e8a90be4ef39f79f95d68eb4.JPGIMG_6290.thumb.JPG.826b64a4d502dd6e0871d908a6214c78.JPGIMG_6287.thumb.JPG.17b535d2cbe22e58c3b061a9e6d41d81.JPG

The Milky Way Adventure Park is a great little park. The staff are so friendly it's unreal, Clone Zone is a must and the park as a whole is so strange it's brilliant. Visiting parks geared towards the younger market can sometimes be quite uncomfortable, with the staff always giving you the "why are you here" attitude, not at Milky Way though. I probably couldn't have felt more welcome if I tried.

It was with a hint of sadness we left Milky Way and set off for Exeter for lunch. Because Honda are idiots and used Garmin to do the sat nav, my car decided the fastest way from Bideford to Exeter was via sketchy as f**k single track, unpaved farm tracks. Being that my car is not quite a year old yet, I was going with the logic of, if this road breaks it, Honda will have to fix it for free, because they put this piece of crap sat nav in. At the height of road based comedy, I ended up slightly in a stream, a realisation that gets funnier every time I recall it.

We made it to Exeter with only half of the filth of the West crusted on my car. Exeter is a bastard to drive in it turns out, illogical road layouts meant it took us over 20 minutes since reaching the city to arrive at Pizza Hut. Exeter Pizza Hut is s**t, while not quite Reading or Blackpool bad it was still shocking. No atmosphere, the view of a busy road, broken drinks machine and crap staff, avoid!

After that disappointment, we got back on the road and on our way to Crealy.

Crealy

We must of cursed ourselves by having so much fun at Milky Way, because from the outset Crealy was disappointing.

Sign outside the park advertised their SBF Visa Spinning Coaster as being closed, spite.

Maximus - https://rcdb.com/865.htm

We first made our way to Maximus, the worse of the Vekoma Junior layouts lazily themed to Romans, was crap.

IMG_6291.thumb.JPG.a52cdda0c7b004656ef3666df4150c9d.JPG

Shark Bay - https://rcdb.com/11580.htm

This +1 was only memorable because I read online that goons have literally begged to get the cred, then been denied, whereas in my case, the operator was offering us single rider to get us on quicker, satisfying.

After that we had a go on the Dino Jeeps which is a very, very cheap knock off of the awesome dinosaur based jeep ride at Paultons, it's name escapes me.

And that was Crealy.

Thanks for reading.

People have begged to get on Shark Trip? I got that LOOK of "really?" but nothing more... I was also spited out of the spinner, I think it's SBNO...

Milky Way (and Big Sheep) are both fab parks... I'm not even mad that Typhoon stalled on the last test run before the bloke was gonna run it (was windy as upon my visit) so I have to return... Though I don't really fancy trying to squeeze into Clone Zone again, you clearly missed out on the slides of death that are a damn sight more vertical when you're sat on them...

Email response from the park said all coasters would be open, so hopefully I'll be able to come to an arrangement for a return, if unlike you say it's closed.

Was a huge shame Big Sheep wasn't open, I was very intrigued by Rampage, next cred run!

I got an ESSAY from the Milky Way park manager explaining amongst other things Typhoon can't run in winds above 30mph, so did check daily to make sure that wasn't an issue.

The end section of Clone Zone almost ended my day and possibly my coasting career, so hell no would I dare go near vertical slides!

13 hours ago, Mega-Lite said:

I don't think so...

Would you like to be the first?

Ngl all I got out of your report was that Readings PizzaHut is bad, when did you last go? Cause I think you will find it's a lot better. 

Glad you enjoyed Crealy(ish). Always went to one of them as a kid and it's good little fun family park. 

Plus no shade to my Mr 9 :P

All of you got out of my trip report (on a coaster forum), was that Reading's Pizza Hut sucks? Priorities dammit...

Last went in 2016, was a bit of a war zone! I'm blessed to say I won't be returning anytime soon, but if I do I'll let you know.

Crealy was what it was and exactly that, no regrets.

I'm far too old to be throwing "shade" at anyone and I'd never disrespect Mark intentionally, perhaps you misjudged my comment. Context dammit...

59 minutes ago, pluk said:

Shame you didn't like Crealy. Always thought it looked like a nice little place, not worth travelling to, but a popping in if you are passing sort of park. Maybe not then!

If you had kids I'm sure they'd love it, not as much as they'd enjoy Milky Way however! Let's be clear though, for us big bloody blokes, it's nothing but creds.

I've been waiting for a need to reply to you, just so I can say... For literal years I've seen your pic, but only just noticed the face on the monkey, it blew my f**king mind (sorry Mark), tip of my hat sir.

2 hours ago, Mega-Lite said:

All of you got out of my trip report (on a coaster forum), was that Reading's Pizza Hut sucks? Priorities dammit...

Last went in 2016, was a bit of a war zone! I'm blessed to say I won't be returning anytime soon, but if I do I'll let you know.

Crealy was what it was and exactly that, no regrets.

I'm far too old to be throwing "shade" at anyone and I'd never disrespect Mark intentionally, perhaps you misjudged my comment. Context dammit...

I was joking, I promise. I have a dry sense of humour and I find not everyone get it! Absolutely shout me if you are Reading way, I'll let you know when the best times to go anywhere, not even just pizzahut.

The thing with Crealy is that when you have small children then it's a great park for just that, families and creds really. 

16 hours ago, Mega-Lite said:

I've been waiting for a need to reply to you, just so I can say... For literal years I've seen your pic, but only just noticed the face on the monkey, it blew my f**king mind (sorry Mark), tip of my hat sir.

Haha! That was created in Disney World, interactive area after the Journey into Imagination ride (with that annoying little pr*ck, Figment (you've got me at it now)) in 2005. Was pretty impressive technology back then!