Depth Charge

Garyy

Just because it was one of the first rides there does not mean they have to keep it, look at black hole at alton towers that was one of there first rides and they got rid of it and now its about time they got rid of Depth Charge as it is a waist of space in my opinion and what would you prefer Depth Charge or a roller coaster or a couple of thrilling flat rides.

Just because it was one of the first rides there does not mean they have to keep it, look at black hole at alton towers that was one of there first rides and they got rid of it and now its about time they got rid of Depth Charge as it is a waist of space in my opinion and what would you prefer Depth Charge or a roller coaster or a couple of thrilling flat rides.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I pick Depth Charge. I like it because it's fun to go on as soon as you get in the park and there's never any ques.

Wow. Luckily it's always being queless when I go. If there is ever a que when I go then I agree that it's not worth queing for an hour.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An Hour for Depth Charge ;) I have queued from the second slope from the top and thats long enough for me. If I could change one thing with Depth Charge it would be to make bigger boats. They should put four in a bout instead of two. This way you can fit two pairs in each boat. The queue would go much quicker.

• 1 year later...

Another quick simple soultion, clean it alot, deplant the plants trees, make it a bit more, cleaner in general really, and look at ideas of installing new boat loaders, or faster staff....and maybe, make it suitable for disabled persons, if not already, cos I aint been on it for a while. Tom.

Another quick simple solution, clean it alot, de plant the plants trees, make it a bit more, cleaner in general really,

The ride area is actually pretty clean in my opinion, and the plants etc. all look fine to me.

And look at ideas of installing new boat loaders, or faster staff....and maybe, make it suitable for disabled persons, if not already, cos I aint been on it for a while. Tom.

If you haven't rode it for a while, then you wouldn't know how the staff perform, the staff are very good on DepthCharge and have one of the hardest jobs in the park.

• 2 months later...

Even though personally I wouldn't find Depth Charge a loss, it does eat up some queues (hence why I hardly go on it as it's not worth the queue). And one day however long in the future it is when it eventually goes, I wouldn't personally wanted it to be replaced by more thrill rides in that part of the park. It would just be nice to see that whole section stay family friendly as it is. It does take up some space so they'll be able to fit some not-to-thrilling flats or other things.However it is a nice little ride - a bit dated yes compared to recent rides of the same type - but still fun. Alas I think we'll be seeing a lot more of depth charge for at least a few more years as at the end of the day - why do they need to get rid of it?

I think maybe a slightly more thrilling water slide would be cool. I don't think it should be completely removed just yet as it's a classic and many people would be sad to see it go. Don't forget also that there needs to be some kind of ride that separates the thrills from the not so major thrills, ie: kids rides.Depth Charge is fun, just not as fun as you know, Rush or anything =/

• 4 months later...

Death to Depth Charge!!! Knock it down and make it into something useful, like more bins for Thorpe...If Thorpe were to build a coaster there it could be the Flyer most people have always wanted, some say it won't fit, but the coaster could fly OVER Neptune's Beach, with supports bolted into the walkways beneath, the train doesn't have to fly that low; and this way Thorpe wouldn't have to lose their main Family Sector.

I disagree with most people, I really like Depth Charge. I love the funness (I know that isn't a word) of it. It's popularity is shown in 40+ plus queues which occur regularly. I'd love to see a Flying Coaster at Thorpe but I don't think that's where they should put it. :P

I think to be honest, the long queue is purely down to the frankly abysmal throughputs the ride has. In the last three years they've even introduced that rule that teens can't ride together. So sometimes only four people are going down at a time which is so pathetic its unreal. Its a ride that has no place at a theme park that regularly attracts 10,000 people.

• 8 months later...