Depth Charge

Garyy

You imagine correct. Depth Charge does take up a decent amount of space but only a flat ride would fit in it's spot if it were removed, as opposed to a coaster.Neptune's Kingdom isn't really a place for flat rides, so if Thorpe were going to remove Depth Charge, it would probably be to extend the beach, put in a kiddie's ride, or eventually, they'd plan to remove the entire area.

• 5 weeks later...

I had to queue for 40 minutes to ride this(wouldn't normally,it was my brother's first time)I thought it broke down the throughput was so slow.that could be 40 mins I could be queuing for SAW!.

20 mins is bad enough for Depth Charge, but 40!I totally advoid Depth Charge as I get annoyed just thinking how low the throughput is and it is not really good to be fair.As you said Matty22, That 40 mins could have been towards a better Ride / Attraction!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have no further interest in riding Depth Charge unless there is little or no que. It's just not worth it when I could be riding Saw, Rush, Detty etc. I'm not sure whether or not I want it ot be removed though. The younger people really love it and it can be a good laugh.I wouldn't be sad to see it go but I think Thorpe should consider how much fun this ride is for the kids before they knock it down.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found an old pic of Depth Charge - is the "landing strip" shorter and without the squidgy buffers at the end? And just look at the staff uniform!

That makes me laugh, quite a bit. However, it doesn't change my sentiments towards Depth Charge, which are mirrored in James's post. It could be replaced with one of the new flats outlined on the MTDP, so here's hoping because it is far too out-of-place in a park that's claiming to be the Nation's Thrill Captial.As for Logger's Leap, keep that; if the park seems fit to theme it around SAW then let them: it's got the perfect surroundings. And can someone answer me this - does SAW - The Ride have it's own sector called 'SAW Island' now - I saw it up on the TPM Map Guide so I'm a little confused now? If this is so when did it happen?

That makes me laugh, quite a bit. However, it doesn't change my sentiments towards Depth Charge, which are mirrored in James's post. It could be replaced with one of the new flats outlined on the MTDP, so here's hoping because it is far too out-of-place in a park that's claiming to be the Nation's Thrill Captial.

I've had a think about this and..Depth Charge is thrilling for kids.Therefore it fits in with Thrill Capital becuase somebody is being thrilled by it.In a park where there are two thrill rides for every *real* family ride, I don't see why Depth Charge has to go anyway. I'd get rid of it on other grounds, but not the thrill capital rubbish.

I've had a think about this and..Depth Charge is thrilling for kids.Therefore it fits in with Thrill Capital becuase somebody is being thrilled by it.In a park where there are two thrill rides for every *real* family ride, I don't see why Depth Charge has to go anyway. I'd get rid of it on other grounds, but not the thrill capital rubbish.

Oh, trust me that wouldn't be the only reason, Mark. There's plenty of reason as to why it should be removed, like the fact it's throughput is very poor; it's most popular on sunny days; the space could be better used; it's getting old etc, etc.