MissNJBeliever

Question

So basically I'm on a mission to lose enough weight so that I can visit Blackpool and enjoy all the pleasure beach rides. However, no specific requirements are given for BPB, however I have found Alton Towers maximum CHEST is 48 inches so for now that is my goal. That said, is it possible BPB could have a higher or even lower chest capacity? Also most of my weight is on my stomach so rather than measuring my chest I'm best off measuring that... right?

8 answers to this question

I know nothing of any actual restrictions, but based on 18 stone of me getting on everything last year... 

The only real issue rides I can think of would be Revolution, which I find very tight, and Infusion, which I don't find too bad but know others have struggled with. Big One, Valhalla and all of the woodies are very forgiving. When Icons restraints are confirmed looking at previous Mack's with the same ones should give an answer on that one.

Edit - pretty much what he said!

From memory only Infusion and Revolution has 'Over the Shoulder Restraints', everything else has a lapbar and/or a seatbelt. Infusion was fairly tight from memory though, no test seat and no big seats which isn't great. Revolution was fairly forgiving but again, no big seats or test seats.

Sky Force and the Shot Tower also have  'Over the Shoulder Restraints'. Sky Force has a big seat (position 8?) but the shot tower doesn't. Both are quite tight though. Sky Force required a good hard shove by one of the bigger ride ops to lock correctly.

I found all the lapbars/seatbelts to be pretty forgiving when I was last there. Not once did an operator have to push down or adjust the bar apart from the normal check. ICON will also have a lapbar, I found it better to push up / stand up a bit so the 'bar' sits closer to my waist. 

Not much I can add on the actual hard data side, but I'm a larger gent (not quite as impressive as pluk sadly) and I've never come close to having issues.

Pleasure Beach staff are brilliant and most have been there years. So don't feel even for a second worried. There's a real, "we will do anything to get this to lock, can I crowbar you?" attitude in force.

If Mouse was still running, being of a larger frame meant it tried to murder you even more! Christ I'm going to miss it.

14 hours ago, pluk said:

I know nothing of any actual restrictions, but based on 18 stone of me getting on everything last year... 

The only real issue rides I can think of would be Revolution, which I find very tight, and Infusion, which I don't find too bad but know others have struggled with. Big One, Valhalla and all of the woodies are very forgiving. When Icons restraints are confirmed looking at previous Mack's with the same ones should give an answer on that one.

Edit - pretty much what he said!

I find it so ironic you say that (not in a nasty way of course) because I last went when I was 16 and I'm sure the belt only just hastened on the big one, unless it was a particular tight one, I don't know? infusion hadn't been built yet but I was fine on revolution from what I can remember (it was 12 years ago)... Obviously I would like to go on all the rides but the big one is my favourite ever!

7 hours ago, MissNJBeliever said:

I find it so ironic you say that (not in a nasty way of course) because I last went when I was 16 and I'm sure the belt only just hastened on the big one, unless it was a particular tight one, I don't know? infusion hadn't been built yet but I was fine on revolution from what I can remember (it was 12 years ago)... Obviously I would like to go on all the rides but the big one is my favourite ever!

I suppose it's going to depend on individual body shapes. For all my bulk my thighs aren't huge so I have very few problems with any lap bar (unless it meets my stomach before my legs!), but am big on my top half so struggle with over the shoulder restraints frequently.

I've had to do a few walks of shame now, just have to shrug it off and off to the next one. I know it's my own fault for being such a lump, I should really do something about that!

9 hours ago, pluk said:

I suppose it's going to depend on individual body shapes. For all my bulk my thighs aren't huge so I have very few problems with any lap bar (unless it meets my stomach before my legs!), but am big on my top half so struggle with over the shoulder restraints frequently.

I've had to do a few walks of shame now, just have to shrug it off and off to the next one. I know it's my own fault for being such a lump, I should really do something about that!

as I say most of my weight is on my stomach, my legs and arms arent too bad considering! If it helps I'm 5 ft 7 and I ave a broad back... Thankfully I've never had to do a walk of shame at an amusement park but its literally my worst fear along with being laughed at!

Hey Miss NJBeliever, I’m heading to BPB in just over a week and just wondered if you’ve managed to go yet, I’m also worried about fitting on some of the rides. Have quite a big chest and waist about 52-54. Just wanted to see how you got on if you went and if you’ve yet to go I’ll let you know how it went in a couple of weeks!

On 2/10/2018 at 8:35 AM, MissNJBeliever said:

as I say most of my weight is on my stomach, my legs and arms arent too bad considering! If it helps I'm 5 ft 7 and I ave a broad back... Thankfully I've never had to do a walk of shame at an amusement park but its literally my worst fear along with being laughed at!