Crowd funding for TPM member

Han30

Hey guys - hope it’s ok to start a new topic here as there was no where else I could find to put this.

Many of you will have met @Roodie at various meets over the past 17 months.  His first meet was Fright Nights 2016 and the day I first met him.  Since then I’ve got to know and spend time with this wonderful member of TPM - the reason I’m posting this is because sadly Adam (Roodie) has recently been diagnosed with incurable cancer and has spent the past 5 weeks in hospital.

Adam has 2 young sons (ages just 6 and 4) and is desperate to spend the time that he has making memories with them while at the same time raising money for MacMillan.

His illness has forced him to quit work and so financially he is currently unavailable to do much in the way of taking his boys out (and while he recovers from surgery to his spine).

His niece today set up a just giving page and it would mean a massive amount if you guys could take a look, share, or make a small donation (every penny counts).

Thanks so much for reading this post xx

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/hannah-tutt?utm_id=1&utm_term=Ab9bDrkdE

• Marc pinned this topic

Hey fellow maniacs - I just wanted a say a huge thank you to people who have taken a look at the link I posted, those who have shared the link and to the people who have kindly made a donation.  

I’m sure people will understand that no one wants to be in the situation of trying to raise funds to be able do such simple things that we all take for granted - I know that Adam is incredibly touched by the support he has been shown throughout this tough time.  Being able to make memories with his 2 lovely boys and of course their mum is something very important to him and with the generosity of people this is looking more and more likely which is wonderful.

Once again thank you so much x

3 hours ago, alexander said:

Oh god. This is awful. I haven’t got any funds right now but when I start up work again, remind me and I’ll send some dollar his way.

@Roodie all the best mate. I know this must be a difficult time for you and your family. 

Hey stranger!  Thanks for your response - a share of the link would be fantastic if you could do that (no worries about donating - sharing is just as helpful)!  the more shares, the more people we can reach ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2018 at 6:30 PM, Whatever said:

I told a couple of my mates on a group chat about this fundraiser and one of them has shared the link of the fundraising page to her followers on Tumblr, which hopefully will earn some donations. If I get some money I'll definitely donate ASAP. Such a difficult thing to be going through. 

Thank you ? shares of the link are fab for reaching more people 

Just wanted to say thanks again - I’m not sure if Adam (Roodie) has seen this topic (he knows I’ve posted as I checked with him first) but I’ll let him know people are thinking of him at this difficult time xx

It saddens me to bring this news to the forum.

From his niece - Unfortunately over the last week, Adams health deteriorated quickly and so he made the decision to stay in a hospice to try and build up his strength. Unfortunately his health took a turn for the worse. On Monday, the doctor said his liver was deteriorating very quickly and that he was facing days. He had did family around him but sadly he passed away this morning.

Adam was one of the most kind hearted people I had the fortune of meeting. His sister Kirsti would like me to pass this onto you. This has been a pretty awful morning, but he is suffering no more. Due to the speed of the deterioration, no arrangements have been made for the funeral but I will let you know as soon as I do, I'm not sure if any of the group would like to attend. With regards to the crowd funding page, Adam never got the time to make any memories and the money hasn't been touched. I know a lot of the group donated and I would like them to know the money is going to be put into ISA Accounts for his two little boys.

For those who met him at the meets, will know he was a very kind, warm natured character who will be truly missed within the community. His big sister Kirsti has asked me that if anyone has any photos of him, doing what he loved to pass onto me, so I can pass onto her etc. My thoughts are with his family and friends and especially to his too little boys who have now lost a dad at just the ages of 4 and 6 

Deeply saddened upon hearing of Roodie’s passing. Thoughts go out to his family and closest of friends.

I only met him a few times during meets, but he was lovely down to earth guy, who was extremely friendly. He wasn’t one for running round hitting checklists or the first there, but one to simply just take in and enjoy the parks with the company amongst him.

Roodie’s premature departure certainly puts things into perspective to try and appreciate life more, regardless of how good or bad things in our lives seem to be. Whether that be a trip/holiday being delayed or cancelled, not landing your dream job or moments where seems to going to plan. The last time time I knowingly saw him was leaving for the car park at Chessington after an exciting meal and visit to the park. Little did I know at the time that would be the last time I saw him. 

He may have only been active in the community for just over a year, but certainly left a lasting impression. As long as we can continue to enjoy these wonderful meets and socials. Amongst remembering the good times of those Roodie attended, his spirit can definitely live on.

Roodie May be gone, but he is definitely not forgotten.

Thanks for reading and I apologise if this is too much for anyone.

Matt that is a beautifully written post - Roodie never realised how well liked he was - he had low self confidence which I think he disguised with humour - when he was in hospital I showed him the lovely things that you kind people had said and I know he was touched by the donations that people made.

It is hard now knowing he won’t get a chance to make some memories with his 2 boys and it’s heart breaking that they have lost their father.  But the donations made will go directly to his boys.

He was a lovely guy and would do anything for anyone and was completely selfless - he handled his diagnosis with both dignity and bravery and I feel privileged to have got to know him well.  39 is such a young age to pass away.

I wish I was able to write such a lovely post as Matt has but emotions take over and make it difficult but I want to thank you all who met him - he really enjoyed the meets and getting to know people and just having a nice time with people who have similar interests.  He felt accepted very early on within the community which is what it’s all about.  Xx

It’s sad to hear how he had himself in such low regard as I don’t think anyone who wasn’t close with him would have realised. I think the first time I met him was at Thorpe and he was such a sound and genuine guy. 

Whilst this is incredibly tragic to pass so young, I’m glad he came to the realisation that he was admired/well liked, but just unfortunate it wasn’t recognised sooner. I wasn’t expecting his deterioration to come this sudden and I’m sure that’s the case for everyone else, but I suppose no one can predict or expect how quick these things can happen. :( 

I can’t begin to convey my empathy to his family or to you Han, especially as how close friends you were and you had to see that unfold firsthand. Losing someone that close to you is an indescrible feeling and there’s only so much to say. 

Whilst I’m not as active as I once was on here, if you want to talk/chat about any of this, or just need a listening ear then please don’t hesitate Han.

Last but not least, I am sure Roodie’s boys will come to realise the level of love and adoration he has for his children as they get older as I know they are quite young and probably finding difficulty in understanding the situation. All I hope in this term of loss is his family and friends can grieve, find some level of acceptance and grow closer as a family in his absence.

X

• 1 month later...

That was a lovely post @alexander - it’s taken me until now to reply so apologies.

Adams funeral was a lovely service but very emotional, as funerals are.  I think I’m still in shock with the speed that everything happened.  I struggle daily but I guess that’s to be expected.

Right now I have little interest in theme parks - this time last year, Adam and I were planning our trip to Blackpool and talking about going to Phantasialand and Efteling (been meaning to make a blog about our Euro trio but it’s too hard at the moment).  I’ve visited just one park this year and that was because my niece wanted to go - and that was emotional.

We had talked about going back to some of the places we visited last year and it hurts that he isn’t able to do that, that he’s gone and that his kids and his family have lost a brilliant person so young

I’m not sure how active I’ll be on the forums in the foreseeable future but I just want to thank people again for their donations, people who have left lovely messages and the community in general because I know Adam enjoyed attending the meets and chatting to you guys.  Special thanks to @he who shall not be named who has been a brilliant friend throughout everything.

Cancer is such an evil illness and hospices and charities do so much.  I lost my mum to cancer in 2011 and now Adam so I’m thinking of ways to fundraise for MacMillan or Cancer Research - any ideas would be great.  I considered sky diving but I have a fear of heights....and planes.....and falling ?.  I did look into abseiling down the Spinnaker Tower but that things massive.