RubenR

Question

Hi, I am going to go to Thorpe park but I Saw that some rides have a maximum height, someone knows if they measure you in the entrance of the ride or if you spend a little you can ride??

If someone have seen or know a person who have been in that situation. 

Thanks!

17 answers to this question

I am 6'7, solidly over the Swam limit at 2m with most of my height in my legs (this matters as I'll explain later) and can consistently make it onto both it (the ride with the height rule) and everything else in the park perfectly fine. In Swarm's case, sometimes you do get measured but often, even if you do, if you can prove you can fit comfortably in the restraints (this is what the size limit is for, not the near miss scenery) there will typically be leeway - although the staff have exchanged kind requests for me not to put my arms up and I've obliged.

Ultimately it is at the park staff's discretion on the day and I've just happened to run into a string of them who understand that I personally can make it on and off the ride safely and easily. Whether you can fit is dependent upon your ratio between leg height to waist height, and while mine is lucky enough for me to feel absolutely fine on it, for some people even shorter than me it is genuinely uncomfortable and unrideable if a lot of the height is in their torso. It's case by case and there's a chance you get staff that are less nice to you (not happened in my experience but obviously not impossible), so try the test seat to avoid disappointment, make *sure* you feel comfortable in them with the restraints all the way down, and then when you're queuing, do be aware you're by no means ever guaranteed to get on, even if it's sometimes more likely than you think to get on.

One other note for your day is that if you're tall, you should probably keep your heads off the backrests on Colossus and Saw. They're extremely bumpy in the first place, and worse with additional height. I have been able to fit into everything with restraints down personally though - the more height is in the torso, the worse fitting in the rides gets for you, and while tall legs can feel uncomfortable in the sitdowns, I'll take that over not getting on at all.

Think I'm most qualified to answer this one. How tall are you I'm 2 meters. 

Swarm: Totally fine but depends on ride attendants discression

X: Will be painful on the knees but is possible.

Colossus: I have now given up on the seat belt  needs to be crammed in.

Nemesis: Enjoy!

Saw: Enjoy! 

If you are taller than the max height restriction, you will not be able to ride.  Staff will have height sticks and will check if you look too tall.  If a ride doesn't have a max height restriction, and you fit in comfortably and meet the other restrictions, you'll be fine.

I imagine that's more a case of comfort.  Colossus' restraints are extremely tight and I imagine tall people struggle to get in and out of them, let alone sit in them comfortably.  

Your best bet would be to try the test seat out before queueing, and seeing how you feel.  Maybe try talking to staff too and seeing what they say.

15 hours ago, TallGuyDom said:

Think I'm most qualified to answer this one. How tall are you I'm 2 meters. 

Swarm: Totally fine but depends on ride attendants discression

X: Will be painful on the knees but is possible.

Colossus: I have now given up on the seat belt  needs to be crammed in.

Nemesis: Enjoy!

Saw: Enjoy! 

Hi, I am 2 meters too!! In port aventura despite the height limit I can ride to all. Do you ride in swarm?? I love this ride but I am taller that the height limit And I read that the don't allow to ride. I was thinking to Go to thorpe park next week but if I can't ride on swarm, Colossus And stealth O don't know if ir worth it. When you went to that rides, the don't measure you??

3 hours ago, Kiino said:

I am 6'7, solidly over the Swam limit at 2m with most of my height in my legs (this matters as I'll explain later) and can consistently make it onto both it (the ride with the height rule) and everything else in the park perfectly fine. In Swarm's case, sometimes you do get measured but often, even if you do, if you can prove you can fit comfortably in the restraints (this is what the size limit is for, not the near miss scenery) there will typically be leeway - although the staff have exchanged kind requests for me not to put my arms up and I've obliged.

Ultimately it is at the park staff's discretion on the day and I've just happened to run into a string of them who understand that I personally can make it on and off the ride safely and easily. Whether you can fit is dependent upon your ratio between leg height to waist height, and while mine is lucky enough for me to feel absolutely fine on it, for some people even shorter than me it is genuinely uncomfortable and unrideable if a lot of the height is in their torso. It's case by case and there's a chance you get staff that are less nice to you (not happened in my experience but obviously not impossible), so try the test seat to avoid disappointment, make *sure* you feel comfortable in them with the restraints all the way down, and then when you're queuing, do be aware you're by no means ever guaranteed to get on, even if it's sometimes more likely than you think to get on.

One other note for your day is that if you're tall, you should probably keep your heads off the backrests on Colossus and Saw. They're extremely bumpy in the first place, and worse with additional height. I have been able to fit into everything with restraints down personally though - the more height is in the torso, the worse fitting in the rides gets for you, and while tall legs can feel uncomfortable in the sitdowns, I'll take that over not getting on at all.

Hi, I am 6.6 but I have the most of my height in my legs, for  this  reason when I went to other amusements parks I can ride comfortably in the restraints despiste of the maximum height restriction. Do you ride on swarm many times and  they didn't tell you nothing?  In Colossus and stealth they measure you? Do you have any problem to ride?
If I go I try the test seat but I think I Will be comfortably for my experience with similar rides with similar restraints.
Thank you very much for everything!!!!!! ??

I've ridden on Swarm more than anything else at the park personally. Sometimes people haven't noticed, other times I've been jokingly told "not to put my arms up", sometimes I am measured and I have to just make the argument that I've ridden it before many times and fit in the test seat and they've just given a "go on then". It depends on the day and the people there, and generally busier days are ones I am more likely to be measured during. It's actually been much more of the comfortable rides in the park once I'm there - out of a little bit of paranoia I try to duck my legs up and don't raise my arms and it's been a fine experience. I do just have to recognise though that, as per the rules, I am no means guaranteed to get on, ever, and if they want to reject me, they have the right to. It just hasn't happened from the people I've ridden with.

Other rides with no listed restriction have never had any fears or measurings. The sitdown ones are tricker to fit your legs into but it's always totally doable. Keep your heads off the back of the two sitdown ones with lift hills (Colossus, SAW) to avoid headaches.

I think I am going to go to thorpe park and try to ride on swarm, I wish I was as lucky as you and I can ride, swarm looks amazing and I have never ride on a wingcoaster.

On the website appear than colosus, stealth and  swarm have height restriction, but If you are telling me that you haven't got any problem with others rides (only with swarm) I feel good to read you.

Thank you very much for your help!!!! :) 

39 minutes ago, Kiino said:

I've ridden on Swarm more than anything else at the park personally. Sometimes people haven't noticed, other times I've been jokingly told "not to put my arms up", sometimes I am measured and I have to just make the argument that I've ridden it before many times and fit in the test seat and they've just given a "go on then". It depends on the day and the people there, and generally busier days are ones I am more likely to be measured during. It's actually been much more of the comfortable rides in the park once I'm there - out of a little bit of paranoia I try to duck my legs up and don't raise my arms and it's been a fine experience. I do just have to recognise though that, as per the rules, I am no means guaranteed to get on, ever, and if they want to reject me, they have the right to. It just hasn't happened from the people I've ridden with.

Other rides with no listed restriction have never had any fears or measurings. The sitdown ones are tricker to fit your legs into but it's always totally doable. Keep your heads off the back of the two sitdown ones with lift hills (Colossus, SAW) to avoid headaches.

I think I am going to go to thorpe park and try to ride on swarm, I wish I was as lucky as you and I can ride, swarm looks amazing and I have never ride on a wingcoaster.

On the website appear than colosus, stealth and  swarm have height restriction, but If you are telling me that you haven't got any problem with others rides (only with swarm) I feel good to read you.

Thank you very much for your help!!!! :) 

They appear to have just added those new height restrictions for Stealth and Colossus for the other rides as of this year?? They weren't in place last season and I think it's extremely strange that they're in place now, I'm not sure anyone has noticed this yet. Can't give you any advice for those personally.

I don't know if it's new. But the height limit appear at the website. I have just seen the new park map and only appear height limit on swar. Did you see height limit at the entry of the rides colosus and stealth when you went laste year?? I was exploring with google view and have a stick with height limit 1.96 on Stealth's entry, and the photo is for last year.

Did you go to thorpe park last year??

I went twice last year, once summer once very late in the season. Absolutely no signage to suggest this or attempt to measure in any way whatsoever away from Swarm. I'm kind of convinced these are new. The stick you're seeing on Google is the minimum height one which has always existed (note that it's red under the point but there's nothing above it)