Power issues

Jasonflk

Hi

Just to advise everyone that Thorpe park is having power issues today. There has been one power outage that appeared to take out the whole park and another blip that could have caused an issue as well but I was inside so can't tell.

Hopefully the team will get it sorted but apparently they also had a power issue yesterday (got that from a shop assistant)

Wouldn't be surprised if people got stuck but I only saw 2 rides with people up but they seemed to evacuate pretty quickly.

Yes an update we were told that the electricity company is having issues but hope all be sorted by 4 bit we had another 2   blips

Saw and. Colossus Def still running but unsure on others

Day pass holders are going to be allowed a future visit free.

It was an interesting day yesterday, with five power outages, it caught me once on an outgoing train and once on inbound arriving at the platform, both on Stealth, but fairly quickly dealt with by the staff. The park is supplied by two different sub-stations, each in different Power Company districts, therefore not all rides are affected. Whilst the power came back on fairly quickly, some rides did not operate for a while due to the chance of riders being stuck out on the ride, and apparently it takes about twenty five minutes for the Rapids to fill sufficiently. The  Beach was also affected due to pump/filters not working. 

Whilst on a trip to check out the ablutions at one stage, a guy out on the "street", randomly started moaning at me about having paid £50 for his ticket then no rides being available; he took some persuading that power outages were not in the control of TP. TP were offering people return day tickets.

14 hours ago, planenut said:

It was an interesting day yesterday, with five power outages, it caught me once on an outgoing train and once on inbound arriving at the platform, both on Stealth, but fairly quickly dealt with by the staff. The park is supplied by two different sub-stations, each in different Power Company districts, therefore not all rides are affected. Whilst the power came back on fairly quickly, some rides did not operate for a while due to the chance of riders being stuck out on the ride, and apparently it takes about twenty five minutes for the Rapids to fill sufficiently. The  Beach was also affected due to pump/filters not working. 

Whilst on a trip to check out the ablutions at one stage, a guy out on the "street", randomly started moaning at me about having paid £50 for his ticket then no rides being available; he took some persuading that power outages were not in the control of TP. TP were offering people return day tickets.

I dont understand anyone paying full price to get in - £50 for a day?!  When there are so many BOGOFS floating around or booking online to cut the cost.  

So tell us.....how long was Stealth stuck up the top for ?

8 hours ago, Han30 said:

I dont understand anyone paying full price to get in - £50 for a day?!  When there are so many BOGOFS floating around or booking online to cut the cost.  

So tell us.....how long was Stealth stuck up the top for ?

I have met some people recently who wouldn't want nor need to look for a discount, not me.

Stealth stuck up top? point zero of a second.

Me and my brother Hamilton, where there at the time. We were queueing inside the station of Nemesis Inferno, when that happened. Half an hour later, we have decided to heft lunch instead at the KFC. We didn’t go on another ride until around 15:10 for Rush, that we have resumed riding. We have managed okay with half of the park open, and carried out the rest on the evening. It was awesome! Even in other ways. It was just like a bit of a playground run during the afternoon.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, 08newmanb said:

I have an idea to save energy,

Or this

Would you agree with me?

What do you mean? In a theme park?

Thorpe is on the flattest piece of flat land, there is no naturally moving water to harness for this. 

If you are considering something on the rapids, it'll always cost more energy to pump the water up than it will make processing it as it falls again. Otherwise you've solved the world's energy problems!