My ideal version of X:/ No Way Out if the Walking Dead license expires

X:/ No Way Out

Sooner or later, the Walking Dead license will expire and X:/ No Way Out will return, hopefully. I wish they'll use this ideal version of mine if it does.

It'd be based on the ride circa 1999. However, a lot of it will be updated, using new effects and stuff. Like digital projections, subwoofers under the seats like Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, whatnot. It'll also have a new track layout including loops (like Vekoma wanted) and maybe it'll launch you backwards.

The extended queue will return with new effects, and the storyline will be updated, playing on a video screen people would gather at (like the boiler room/library in Tower of Terror.) The story is that Thorpe Park's main supercomputer and power supply has been infected by a super-smart computer virus named Swayzak (a.k.a. the character on my avatar, he would probably be changed a bit to avoid a lawsuit from Cartoon Network.)

So you go into the cars, it either launches or moves out of the station backwards, and during each MCBR, Swayzak would appear in front of you using Hatsune Miku technology and taunt you (his voice has a New Zealand or American accent.) But the end, he says "It's time to get you out of here," and the car would move (forward?) to the end of the ride, where he'd say, "The ride is now over. Please exit to your left." The shop would come back, as well as the iconic Thorpe Park Power Supply battery.

Tell me your thoughts, as I only post about X:/ No Way Out on this forum, because no other rides at Thorpe Park really interest me.

25 minutes ago, Marc said:

I can’t see X no way out ever returning to be honest.

There have been multiple rumours over the years that X would leave the park, I beleve it very almost happened 3/4 years ago. It wouldn’t surprise me if The Walking Dead is the last version of X no way out that we see!

I agree. We dont know how Long The Walking Dead IP will last - look at Saw The ride, thats been going for a while now. Might have several years of The Walking Dead before it expires.

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2018 at 2:03 AM, X:/ No Way Out said:

Can we just talk about my idea? I don't care about what rides should be replaced. If they had a computer virus themed ride at Thorpe Park, they're gonna have a computer virus themed ride at Thorpe Park. I don't care about zombies even if Khary Payton (Cyborg) is in it. Go back to saying that it's your room.

JUST TALK ABOUT HIS IDEA AS ITS SO GOOD

Is it really the same ride anymore if they completely replace the track? It feels like what you want is a brand new ride with pre-2000 theming, which isn't particularly realistic. The original X was a product of its time and doesn't really have the same mystery in today's high tech environment. Getting a full loop + track inside the pyramid would also be a serious engineering challenge, and utilising it would probably require a powered launch, which again completely changes the ride experience.

That's why it makes more sense to just tear it down and start again. The space could be much better utilised.

3 hours ago, PHSEdrummer said:

Is it really the same ride anymore if they completely replace the track? It feels like what you want is a brand new ride with pre-2000 theming, which isn't particularly realistic. The original X was a product of its time and doesn't really have the same mystery in today's high tech environment. Getting a full loop + track inside the pyramid would also be a serious engineering challenge, and utilising it would probably require a powered launch, which again completely changes the ride experience.

That's why it makes more sense to just tear it down and start again. The space could be much better utilised.

It's a shame, but you make a good point

• 4 months later...
On 10/4/2018 at 10:59 AM, PHSEdrummer said:

Uh, yes it does. I said, new effects and even listed them. Powered launch backwards out of the station then. Maybe do with it what Gerstlauer is doing with Sandy's Blastin Bronco.

And Swayzak would appear using the same technology used for Hatsune Miku's concerts. I imagine people on the ride would be responding to Swayzak's taunts almost all the time. Bring back the X Zone and tie it into the ride's storyline. Maybe some other stuff featuring Swayzak. He could be the next Thorpe Park Rangers.

On 10/4/2018 at 7:57 AM, marksof10 said:

I quite like it. I reckon they could try to use the full height of the pyramid, and the darkness to make you feel like you will never stop falling

Nice. For what Swayzak SAYS during the ride before the third brake run, just look up "Toonami Trapped in Hyperspace" on YouTube and listen to all his lines.

While it's nice to have fantastical ideas, what you propose is to amend/remove the ride beyond all recognition (cost - huge) and retain the pyramid (value - zero) when the pyramid itself makes completing significant works inside difficult to impossible. It's a no from me.

When the ride is finally done beyond small cosmetic stuff like TWD is it'll be a pile of rubble.

• 1 month later...

Honestly when TWD/X bites the dust I honestly see them just getting rid of the entire building and ride- the ride itself is probably on its last legs and the pyramid probably wouldn't be viable to re-use..

With Slammer gone now too if the TWD's land was opened up they probably could fit a decent sized ride on its plot+Slammer.

If this ever happened hopefully Storm Surge would go down with it.. We can hope..

On 4/13/2019 at 6:23 PM, JoshuaA said:

the ride itself is probably on its last legs and the pyramid probably wouldn't be viable to re-use..

I dont know of anything to suggest they're knackered. In theory they could keep going for a long time but who knows. It works best as a family ride and they skuppered that recently, as a thrill ride it's rubbish.

It could go back to being a family ride after the stupid contract runs out but the whole thing is just awkwardly placed in the middle of the park. They could do with redeveloping the whole area like you say.

• 3 weeks later...

I want something with the computer virus. If they HAD to not go back to X:/, I'd suggest a ride that's like X, but plays Moloko songs in the dark. Stuff from their Do You Like My Tight Sweater? album. Something like Rock 'n Roller Coaster, but with Moloko. But there'd be a reference to X:/ by having the computer virus be one of the guests at Moloko's concert in the queue line video.

Otherwise, I'd simply put Moloko as the queue line music for the Swayzak version of X:/. Look. Computer viruses are timeless. People still get them. They could go back to the 1996 theme but with my idea and nobody would claim it's "outdated." Zing zang zoom, everyone.

13 hours ago, Hethetheth said:

I would suggest that retheming the ride to a 16+ year old  TV show that I've never heard of might age the ride considerably more than the original X:/.

Toonami is an integral part of the anime boom in the United States, where I live. It still airs today. 

This retheme is an attempt to get Swayzak in the UK, where he was only seen online. He was in the tie-in game for Trapped in Hyperspace, which was on the UK Cartoon Network site. But none remember him, so I decided to attach him to a well-known ride about a computer virus and have people get to know him this way.

If your idea happened it would be pretty random and probably would leave most guests with a "what the fu** is that theme about?" reaction.

I would like a American Horror Story themed RMC with 8 zero g stalls, doesn't mean its ever going to happen..

What is the ideal ride for one isn't something that is going to appeal to the masses or/and not realistic.