Strong wind

gazbazza

Question

6 answers to this question

Just got back and thought would give an update. Rides were closing randomly during the day, on and off. They were really good at trying to get them back open. Sometimes letting only a couple of carriages go and then closing again for 10 mins. Overall it didn't really ruin the day and we still had a good time. It was declared a bad weather day so can come back for free. 

On 9/20/2018 at 5:04 PM, StevenVig said:

Useless if you have an Annual Pass ?

Half of us had annual passes so what they done was offer us 1 free fast track pass for when we return. Not quite the same as a free ticket but better than nothing.

Thanks all for replying.

32 minutes ago, gazbazza said:

Just got back and thought would give an update. Rides were closing randomly during the day, on and off. They were really good at trying to get them back open. Sometimes letting only a couple of carriages go and then closing again for 10 mins. Overall it didn't really ruin the day and we still had a good time. It was declared a bad weather day so can come back for free. 

Half of us had annual passes so what they done was offer us 1 free fast track pass for when we return. Not quite the same as a free ticket but better than nothing.

Thanks all for replying.

It's a shame Colossus was closed for most of the day, it's what I was hoping to get on the most really. (I'm not mad, I just haven't been on it for years!)

My experience with the bad weather guarantee wasn't great unfortunately. We only became aware of this by chance when I was scrolling through Twitter on the way out. I was fully prepared to be told no (I'm a MAP holder) but we thought we'd try anyway so off we went to the ticket portacabin in the car park. We were told no as expected but in a not so expected manner - "well people who have paid to come in have had their day ruined."

Firstly my annual pass wasn't free, secondly I haven't been for years and the place is a pain to get to for me now so my day has also been slightly ruined by most of the park being shut from 3 onwards. The person serving on the adjacent till piped up and then announced "you're getting nothing".

I tweeted the park and they said MAP holders were being issued one free Fastrack ticket for their next visit, pop in and see them next time round (as if they're going to believe me when I reel off this story to them next time I go?). How difficult would it have been for the staff in the ticket portacabin to have told us about the free fastrack? We were let back through the turnstiles to go to guest services under the Dome and they sorted it out immediately having then told us "the people in the ticket office probably aren't aware". 

Given the park didn't appear to be capable of communicating with a ticket outlet about tickets, I'm not surprised they weren't capable of communicating with guests about the existence of the Bad Weather Guarantee. They've got all these customisable screens everywhere showing Pepperami adverts and the ability to make a park-wide PA announcement, how hard would it have been?