Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

TPC

• 1 month later...

Rather confusingly, the Fright Nights link on the website directs to the Fright Nights 2018 page: https://www.thorpepark.com/fright-nights-2018

The obvious link for a 2019 page currently doesn't work: https://www.thorpepark.com/fright-nights-2019

This has happened the past couple of years. At the start of the year/season, where they direct to a lite version of the previous year's event (basically a summary of the event). When they're ready to make an announcement, they then change it. It's a bit short sighted imo, but I guess it never makes that much difference in the grand scheme of things.

One thing which is interesting to note is that one of the Billy puppets from Saw Alive has appeared in the Saw Ride queue line. And there's no sign outside the maze saying it is returning for this year's Fright Nights (like there normally is, and equally there's a sign outside Containment saying it is returning..).

54437258_2092146997507255_87617556863894

Billy in queue, from Theme Park Guide Facebook

So I guess this means they are going to continue to try and pump out a bunch of mazes/zones this year like they did last year.. I really do hope they put enough attention and make all the attractions presentable but obviously there is a little doubt considering how bad last year looked..

Saw Alive has certainly ran its course so if it does get removed I honestly don't care too much.

I am just going to hope that they bring Big Top back, build a whole new unhooded maze in IAC, build a new maze on Amity, and combine Blair and Dead Creek.

I am not void of hope as 2016/2017 was IMO fairly good year for FN. 2015 and 2018 were massive fu**ups so hopefully the team go back to making quality and enjoyable mazes like they have been doing since 2002.

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

One thing which is interesting to note is that one of the Billy puppets from Saw Alive has appeared in the Saw Ride queue line. And there's no sign outside the maze saying it is returning for this year's Fright Nights (like there normally is, and equally there's a sign outside Containment saying it is returning..).

Given that on the annual pass preview day a couple of weeks ago the park still had all those revolting temporary LED rainbow lighting rigs out from Fright Nights near Tidal Wave and Old Town etc which had been sitting there all over winter, and that many of their rides that day still had 10pm closure times on their entrance boards, I honestly think the lack of signage for Saw Alive and Containment is down to pure laziness frankly. Someone working on-site will one day twig they forgot to put them back up I reckon and they will reappear soon.

But as for the billy puppet being placed into Saw's queue line, that's a little strange. Either Saw Alive is closing properly now, or they might be renovating the interior of the maze slightly (finally) and needed the rooms clearing of props so were like "sod it, lets just put him in the queue line and station area for the ride as extra theming".

2 hours ago, Ivsetti said:

It's quite clear Saw Alive won't be returning for FN's if all the signage has been taken down. If it was someone being lazy, it would have been left up. 

I remember reading someone heard a host/other employee saying (this was from a comment a few years ago) that the barge was sinking into the lake  and would only last a further 2 years. It seems that that 2 years period has passed now.

The barge has been in the same sinking condition for a decade (even when by vortex)the front is all split open and was supported.

Honestly the Thorpe belle was a 2 level venue that could have been utilised better for a scare attraction/attractions (one mega maze or 2 smaller ones. 

• 3 months later...

Kinda glad its gone to be honest. Saw Alive was a strong maze but it was at the end of its life and something new would be appreciated.

I really hope that they have a new maze in this location, Platform, Blair Witch (with the deadcreek woods layout), Living Nightmare, and Big Top. I honestly don't why they got rid of such a fun and well done maze such as Big Top! I will certainly try and visit this year.

56 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

Kinda glad its gone to be honest. Saw Alive was a strong maze but it was at the end of its life and something new would be appreciated.

I really hope that they have a new maze in this location, Platform, Blair Witch (with the deadcreek woods layout), Living Nightmare, and Big Top. I honestly don't why they got rid of such a fun and well done maze such as Big Top! I will certainly try and visit this year.

Couldn't agree more, saw alive was a very strong maze but cant wait to see what its replaced with!

Totally chose a matching colour there to cover up the signage ?

Given that in my opinion, Saw Alive was the strongest maze last year I’m guessing FN 2019 will be even worse than last year. Bloody hope Big Top returns but I won’t hold my breath - although Blair Witch did have a year(?) off so who knows - plus it’s Thorpe Park - nothing would surprise me.  Thank God Tulleys isn’t too far...

9 hours ago, StevenVig said:

I don’t know what’s in those pipes you lot are smoking. But Saw Alive hasn’t been good since it’s first year. From the second year on it was a constant downward spiral.

Good riddance.

Seems to be you who's been smoking the funny stuff..

Saw has always been mixed, but it's been pretty damn consistent the past couple of years. Was my favourite of the bunch last year too. It's not gotten particularly better or worse imo, but it's just a well designed maze, with good sets and it's easy to get scares out of it. Means that regardless of quality of actors, you could get a solid experience.

A shame to see it go. Wonder if the boat requires (more) money to fix up and the park aren't prepared to stump up the cost?

Yea as a general rule of thumb they are as elusive as possible, up until the day before the FN announcements the response will be ‘oooh we couldn’t possibly tell you!’ Because let’s be honest, until that point, anything goes. There’ll be an inflatable restaurant in there this year, that’s my guess.