Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

TPC

Personal Prediction for this year:

• Big Top will make a return, very bad choice removing it last year so I think they have learned there lesson.
  • SAW Alive is 100% gone and likely won't be replaced, probably just sit abandoned (now sinking) as Thorpe have a habit of abandoning attractions ?
  • Dead Creek Woods is gone and will be replaced with a extended Blair Witch maze/walk.
  • Platform 15 will very likely return, even though personally I think it's time to replace it with something new in the same location.
  • Living Nightmare obviously returning, no questions asked.
  • A second Walking Dead attraction (Sanctum PT. 3?)
  • Jungle Escape maybe being used for a maze, Vulcan Peak PT. 2 but you know...actually good with effort put into it.
  • Containment with some few minor adjustments..doesn't bother me much.
  • Angry Bird 4D theatre likely used for horror shorts or something similar.

In total I reckon about 5 mazes max...6 at a push. Would be nice to see some new mazes but I think we would be lucky to get one new atleast. Would love to see more wondering actors around the park and a scare zone would be great too but I don't have high hopes for that! Personally I would love something like a Lionsgate contract to return as for me that was FN at it's best however with the walking dead deal signed not that long ago I don't see this happening anytime soon. Fingers crossed we see some improvements this year and it's not an absolute shambles!

I would like to hope for Big Top but I honestly see them just putting Sanctum in that space again..  I think the people behind Fright Nights don't care anymore tbh, it'll still make money so who needs quality.

If enthusiasts want quality just go Scarefest I guess.

So we've potentially lost Saw Alive and Big Top isn't returning?  Ouch...

I miss the days when the lineup of attractions for Fright Nights looked like this;

The Asylum

Experiment 10

Se7en

The Curse

Saw Alive

In relation to charging for mazes, why should that be a thing when they used to produce mazes like the above and have them included?

Fright Nights is advertised heavily and brings in more people as a result of that marketing, to then charge people more to do the attractions that are advertised as part of the event would be a bit of a joke IMO.  And as mentioned, we used to get mazes like Asylum (which was a queue-shifter anyway so that wasn't really an issue) and E10 included in entry.

Last year was the worst in the event's history IMO.

On 7/7/2019 at 6:29 PM, Marc said:

Id quite like to see thrope going down more the towers route - charging per maze rather than all included - it generally means you get a better quality experience due to the fewer people being rushed through and in turn less wait time.

*cough* The Passing *cough*

;)

Saw Alive: Showtime will be a new thing in the dome this year so no need to worry guys!!

The event needs massive changes as far as I’m concerned, the maze quality has been on a massive decline (bar Big Top) for years now and last year was honestly a complete laughing stock. They need to go back to the days of just having 4 or 5 decent length indoor mazes of good quality rather than just having an excessive amount of rushed botch jobs. 

Although I be been quite late on the Fright Nights band wagon, even the likes of Studio 13 and the ‘original’ Cabin in it’s first year.

Last year’s event was a complete shambles showing quantity does not mean quality. The fact Blair Witch was probably the best attraction is something of an embarrassment.

Even if this year’s event is better it probably won’t be a patch on anything 5+ years ago.

2 hours ago, Martin Doyle said:

Saw Alive: Showtime will be a new thing in the dome this year so no need to worry guys!!

The event needs massive changes as far as I’m concerned, the maze quality has been on a massive decline (bar Big Top) for years now and last year was honestly a complete laughing stock. They need to go back to the days of just having 4 or 5 decent length indoor mazes of good quality rather than just having an excessive amount of rushed botch jobs. 

Saw Alive showtime - genuinely made me laugh out loud.  Don’t go giving them ideas

Tbh asylum and even hell gate before it became so repetitive over the years were great mazes, saw was poor in scare comparison.  For saw to now be the best maze over the past few years, shows how poor the overall event has become in quality! 

1 hour ago, RobF said:

Tbh asylum and even hell gate before it became so repetitive over the years were great mazes, saw was poor in scare comparison.  For saw to now be the best maze over the past few years, shows how poor the overall event has become in quality! 

Saw was definitely my favourite maze last year despite going in it many times plus the fact it was open last summer aswell.  I think with the loss of Big Top, the shortened down Blair Witch and the s**t shower of other mazes it was the only consistent one (for me anyway) and yup it definitely shows the quality (or lack of) of last years offering 

On 7/5/2019 at 10:29 PM, Mattgwise said:

And in true Merlin style a bodge job has been done, with the wrong colour paint to the rest of the building.

Well in all fairness, the paint on the boat wont match as it's pretty worn and weathered. 

On 7/7/2019 at 5:44 PM, JoshuaA said:

I would like to hope for Big Top but I honestly see them just putting Sanctum in that space again..  I think the people behind Fright Nights don't care anymore tbh, it'll still make money so who needs quality.

If enthusiasts want quality just go Scarefest I guess.

Sadly there isn't a team who handle just fright nights, who have an understanding of scare attractions, how and what would work etc. It's all headed up by marketing, dictating what they want, when in reality it wouldn't work as an attraction. Just look at Vulcan Peak... And this year, it's all new faces again due to people leaving.

The Big Top was created by people who know scare attractions and everything that goes into them, unlike last year, which was frankly just a $#1T show.

They'll get it right again one year, but until that dreaded dated IP has gone, and they put trust into their own ideas... it'll be a long wait.

12 minutes ago, Marc said:

I don’t get why you’d repaint the whole boat? It’s gone, not coming back, we don’t want them to keep painting slammer to do we?! ?

Because it looks poor, derelict and run down, not something that should be left in an area open to guests. Admittedly you wouldn't paint all sides but if they painted over the logo then the whole of that side should look better than how it's been left. Or better still just remove the thing! Slammer should also be removed!