Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

TPC

50 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Because it looks poor, derelict and run down, not something that should be left in an area open to guests. Admittedly you wouldn't paint all sides but if they painted over the logo then the whole of that side should look better than how it's been left. Or better still just remove the thing! Slammer should also be removed! 

This ^^^^

Just because a ride is gone doesn't mean you can let it sit and catch dust. 

I'm with Marc here. 

It's a sense of being realistic. They didn't repaint the whole of Inferno's exit fence for whatever reason. And it looks terrible. And is in an area which several thousand people will notice. Let's assume it's because of cost. How on earth are they going to get the money to repaint a whole boat, which isn't being used for guests, for a location which significantly less people notice? Keep in mind that, despite it's location, a lot less people pay attention to the boat, and even less use that walkway. And during Fright Nights they can (and, if they're sensible, should) block that pathway off entirely. 

This isn't to excuse it. But when we're in a time where the park isn't fully repainting exit pathways, removing bridges because it's cheaper than repairing them, etc, etc, is them not repainting an SBNO attraction really something we should expect, or be worrying about?

2 hours ago, JoshC. said:

This isn't to excuse it. But when we're in a time where the park isn't fully repainting exit pathways, removing bridges because it's cheaper than repairing them, etc, etc, is them not repainting an SBNO attraction really something we should expect, or be worrying about?

Saw Alive is the tip of the iceberg. Look at the state of Loggers Leap and Slammer. Most other parks would of dismantled or at least kept those rides looking presentable (Noah's Ark at BPB),

Thorpe just leave it and let it rot. I would prefer them to clean/clear areas like this than add a giant tacky bouncy castle!

3 hours ago, Marc said:

If they struggle to get the budget to repaint the rides are open I’d much rather they didn’t waste money on things never returning personally!

So when a ride closes at Thorpe just leave it, no matter how neglected or filthy it looks, who cares?

Its not a matter of repaint, its a matter of keeping it from looking horrendous, which Loggers does and Slammer looks completely untouched. Even Blackpool keep their SBNO rides looking decent and they are a independent park.. I don't see Noah Ark's covered in dirt, rotting. Maybe, cos they care?

If we think seeing Saw Alive having it’s boat being painted over the wrong shade of colour is awful, wait until you all have a good look at the state of the blue supports underneath the bridge connecting the entrance to the Dome when standing next to Vortex...... my goodness. :blink:

To me though, whether a ride is operational or not, that does not give the park any excuse to do botch jobs such as this, because supposedly the majority of consumers wouldn’t care nor notice something like that. No matter how you spin this, it is still something a paying customer is going to be presented with when they enter the park, alongside a rusting S&S structure and a quite literally rotting log flume. It does not leave a positive impression to guests when they see derelict attractions.

If the park intend to dismantle these three rides so that they no longer appear visible to park guests in the future, I can excuse this, but we all know that will not be the case, let’s be honest.

At this point, I say either repurpose the boat for something else and redecorate the exterior, or dismantle it to make way for something better and more sustainable for the long-term future of the park (flat ride hint hint).

My point is when the state of rides which are open is poor, we can't expect them to be taking care of rides which aren't opening. Given the state of things, I'd rather them focus on things which are open.

Ideally everything would look lovely, and SBNO would be removed. But realistically that's not happening at the moment, so it seems fruitless to worry about full repaints of a boat which won't be used.

I guess at the end of the day if the paint scheme of the boat looks unpresentable, we should look away from it?

Like the state of Slammer, Loggers and the whole of old town, areas of removed and dilapidated theming, mixed up areas, closed outlets and the presentation of most attractions.

Every Park has it’s ups and downs, but the way Thorpe has been operated in the last 5+ years would make you think they are being run by a company billions in debt which are barely making a profit. 

I wont hold my breath for fright nights, but they have a chance to make it less terrible than last year.

10 hours ago, JoshC. said:

I'm with Marc here. 

It's a sense of being realistic. They didn't repaint the whole of Inferno's exit fence for whatever reason. And it looks terrible. And is in an area which several thousand people will notice. Let's assume it's because of cost. How on earth are they going to get the money to repaint a whole boat, which isn't being used for guests, for a location which significantly less people notice? Keep in mind that, despite it's location, a lot less people pay attention to the boat, and even less use that walkway. And during Fright Nights they can (and, if they're sensible, should) block that pathway off entirely. 

I fully understand it from the same POV you and Marc mention, I am merely saying a company of that size should not have the issue of not getting money to remove something or repaint it. They are meant to be providing an amazing experience!!! Even small family parks remove things or touch them up! 

Another thing that I find terrible is that the railway lines through Old Town and the barriers one of the LC's are still there when it closed in 2011!!!! Nearly 8 years ago!!!! Madness!!!!

The inconsistency irks me at Thorpe - it’s like they can’t be bothered to complete a job or do it properly so it ends up half arsed - a few years ago some of the fencing on Colossus was painted - but only one side - do they think people are blind.  It just doesn’t come across great - like Infernos exit - either paint it or don’t.

Anyone got any idea how long Loggers will be left rotting for?  Can’t see Thorpe getting a coaster for at least a couple of years but I might be wrong.

Whilst I agree that money should be spent on operational rides, I wish they’d sort out Slammer - it’s just sitting there doing nothing and has been for 2 years - fine if you never knew it was there but they just chuck a sign up for TWD Living Nightmare instead.  And god I hate those bamboo fencing panels. “Well here’s a ride that isn’t open anymore, let’s disguise it with some flimsy crap bamboo” - it feels cheap - maybe I’m being harsh

2 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

Maybe it's a 14 year old horror game IP? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488536/

Cheap and no longer relevant, just how Thorpe likes their IP's. Like a bargain, knock off Resident Evil.

Oh God I hope not but hey just look at Angry Turds land.

Well I can’t sleep so been googling acronyms and the following 2 are perfect -

Failure Expected And Received

Future Events Already Ruined 

I hate feeling so negative about Fright Nights because I usually really look forward to it but last year was awful - so my expectations for this year are pretty much zero meaning that I might be pleasantly surprised 

I according to what I have seen on social media there is scaffolding around the loggers station I am now seeing hints on people now thinking it's staying because merlin has been bought out by another company I don't see that happening because they won't be able to clean that down by 2020 I am going with the original post that was put on the TP blog post on there blog page we will wait and see it's been closed 5 years so to me it's going we will wait and see on the maze line up aswell if platform  is returning one more season but we might not get it atall as there doing work around the station unless they lay out the cattle pen a different way this year so we can experience platform 

22 hours ago, Platform15fan said:

I according to what I have seen on social media there is scaffolding around the loggers station I am now seeing hints on people now thinking it's staying because merlin has been bought out by another company I don't see that happening because they won't be able to clean that down by 2020 I am going with the original post that was put on the TP blog post on there blog page we will wait and see it's been closed 5 years so to me it's going we will wait and see on the maze line up aswell if platform  is returning one more season but we might not get it atall as there doing work around the station unless they lay out the cattle pen a different way this year so we can experience platform 

The work on Loggers is only for Fright Nights.

11 hours ago, Han30 said:

A pin would be better than a pop!

I agree with u there I am going to get my pin starter Thorpe park one  in October and my mate said he will buy 2 extra pins  frighy nights pins for me for my lanyard u guys will understand I like platform 15 so much he said he will buy that pin if it's there  I was meant to be going to Alton towers this year but I am not now as my mate wants to settle in his job so next year will be going and I will get the Alton towers starter pin set aswell I can't wait to see what pins are going to be available at fright nights the fright nights march is well worth buying I bought one item last year which I will show my fright nights t shirt 

IMG_20190630_111828.jpg