Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

TPC

I agree with u there I am going to get my pin starter Thorpe park one  in October and my mate said he will buy 2 extra pins  frighy nights pins for me for my lanyard u guys will understand I like platform 15 so much he said he will buy that pin if it's there  I was meant to be going to Alton towers this year but I am not now as my mate wants to settle in his job so next year will be going and I will get the Alton towers starter pin set aswell I can't wait to see what pins are going to be available at fright nights the fright nights march is well worth buying I bought one item last year which I will show my fright nights t shirt 
IMG_20190630_111828.thumb.jpg.b4977f2ff023baa5c490ad35479aa9f3.jpg

(PLEASE use punctuation:)

11 hours ago, dk3 said:

(PLEASE use punctuation:)

Ok, I will try my best to do that I have just got an app on my phone called Grammarly this may help me with my punctuation, can get it right I will just take my time to get my sentences right and just hope. It can help  I have informed a moderator that I am autistic I will update my profile so it informs people and to be aware about it.

41 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Big Top is not coming back... but whether they try and shoe-horn the legacy of it into proceedings this year remains to be seen.

I have not been in previous prior to FN  2017 so FN 2018 was my first time, I attended the event and big top showtime was not my cup of tea is a scare zone/show it is the maze, I am most excited for if it back I have not had the chance maze for. A free flow maze than being on one route like platform etc, I also heard about cabin how mad that was in it's day Vulcan peak was the worst maze of last fright nights Plus I wanted the challenge as I like challenging things for it to be hooded which I have been waiting for I was not expecting any of the jumps I did scream so much that I had to rest and recover from the maze in old town lucky enough I was not walking, to where saw was which I did plan to go on as there were clowns on jumpsuits chasing guests in to old town, just outside the old town burger king where I was resting opposite near the gents. I did have a very bad cold the day I went as I just caught it from someone the day before but managed to make it through the day, not let my mate down as we booked the tickets hopefully this year's fright nights I hope to experience it when I am feeling 100% without being it was nasty for me after saw the ride because I was nearly about to be sick on the floor on the coaster train.

5 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

That picture is this year's "key visual" for FN I believe.

Note the different 'characters', including:

-Zombies

-Monster

-Ghosts

-Chainsaw man 

Maybe they've learnt after last year that having 100* mazes with the same scary thing (zombies) is a bad idea?

*possible understatement

It would be nice too see a change, always used to have a good variety! Just noticed the church and grave yard in the bottom right! 

20190715_202814.jpg

1 hour ago, Platform15fan said:

It looks like a Texas chainsaw massacre maze is happening that's lions gate IP the 3D movie was back in 2013 that was distributed by Lionsgate thorpes surely still got its Lionsgate IP last year as I thought that ended as saw alive is not operating this fright nights.

IMG_20190715_211751.jpg

It’s possible or possibly they will do their own take on something with chainsaws - looking forward to this year!

10 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

New for 2019: The Chip Shop. Completely original idea where you enter what appears to be an innocent looking potato farm in Old Town but all is not what it seems, and the workers there are not happy about you interfering with their Maris Pipers ?

Wow, you posted that a vitelotte, must be a good idea.. ;)

(this joke would work a lot better if Old Town was a French area I know. sad times </3)

20 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

New for 2019: The Chip Shop. Completely original idea where you enter what appears to be an innocent looking potato farm in Old Town but all is not what it seems, and the workers there are not happy about you interfering with their Maris Pipers ?

ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH THAT'S EIGHT POSTS IN A ROW, NOT EVEN DOUBLE POSTING MUCH WORSE. ADMINS PLEASE BAN THIS MAN!

I imagine Creek Woods Sawmill isn't the name and instead part of the story (like Platform 15's Creek Tours). Feels almost tiring the amount of times they're beating on that dead horse for names.

Those posters hint at least to some sort of massacre-style story is say: people who want to kill you in an abandoned sawmill. Fairly standard theme, but can work oh so well.

On a slightly different note, we're seeing another maze in Old Town. If Platform and whatever-silly-name-was-given-to-the-other-outdoor-maze return, that's three mazes congested into a tight area. Feels frustrating given that one of the few good things last year (and the past couple of years) was a focus on spreading the scary stuff around the park.

2 hours ago, JoshC. said:

I imagine Creek Woods Sawmill isn't the name and instead part of the story (like Platform 15's Creek Tours). Feels almost tiring the amount of times they're beating on that dead horse for names.

Those posters hint at least to some sort of massacre-style story is say: people who want to kill you in an abandoned sawmill. Fairly standard theme, but can work oh so well.

On a slightly different note, we're seeing another maze in Old Town. If Platform and whatever-silly-name-was-given-to-the-other-outdoor-maze return, that's three mazes congested into a tight area. Feels frustrating given that one of the few good things last year (and the past couple of years) was a focus on spreading the scary stuff around the park.

If dead creek is back that means 3 mazes in the old town plaza  that's a very small area of the then u have got living nightmare just outside the plaza I hope the area can take it. Last year I was trying to find the signage for dead creek entrance and these so and so's would not move so I could read the sign what they maze contained. We could be seeing 2 mazes this year in old town like last year they might not have dead creek woods this year last thing I am going to say is something so happening in Blair witch there giving the route a zig zag route as saw in Jack silkstones video last night. 

Dear Thorpe, please don't make the same mistake/mistakes of last year - my biggest bug bear being that when about to start Dead Creek Woods (from memory), you could see the actor on Platform 15 through a poorly covered (with see through fabric) herras fencing on the left - starting his/her spiel to the next batch of guests, kinda ruining the iMmErSiVe experience.

4 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Dear Thorpe, please don't make the same mistake/mistakes of last year - my biggest bug bear being that when about to start Dead Creek Woods (from memory), you could see the actor on Platform 15 through a poorly covered (with see through fabric) herras fencing on the left - starting his/her spiel to the next batch of guests, kinda ruining the iMmErSiVe experience.

I did not notice through the fence of fabric when I was experiencing dead creek woods I was busy focus on my experience of the intro scene from the scientist about the infection. When I am focused on one thing I don't take notice of my surroundings.