Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

TPC

The website has been updated, and suggest 3 new things: https://www.thorpepark.com/fright-nights

Mazes not coming back are Vulcan Peak, Dead Creek Woods and of course Saw Alive. Neither of last year's scare zones are advertised either, whilst everything else from last year is returning.

The new fears each have a description:

This year, join us for a demonstration of dread in this terrifying, never before seen FRIGHT NIGHTS show.

New for 2019, have you got the guts to take on this chilling challenge?

Brace yourself and prepare for the gruesome worst as you take on this new for 2019 horror maze.

So 1 new maze, 1 new show and a 'challenge' (which very much sounds like it could be a new eating challenge to be frank..).

Given they are still hanging onto TWD as an IP to sell the event for a 3rd year running, and that Do or Die is returning given how ominously awful it was, I ain’t holding my breath on this year being anything but a minuscule improvement compared to 2018.

The new “chilling challenge” I’m certain is gonna be where Jungle Escape is. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s just Vulcan Peak: Escape Edition with a £5 fee labelled to it.

And as for the new maze, hopefully it’s better than last year’s immersive experience of nothing but toilet bowls, pallet crates, black tunnels and Asylum’s chicken wire fencing used as “theming” which we got with Dead Creek Woods.

Yeah, as you can probably tell, I ain’t enthused one bit after last year’s embarrassment with this announcement today. Hopefully that’ll change when the event gets nearer though, as I want this event to be great like it once was...

2 hours ago, Marhelorpe said:

The new “chilling challenge” I’m certain is gonna be where Jungle Escape is. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s just Vulcan Peak: Escape Edition with a £5 fee labelled to it.

I'd be surprised if it is. The challenge doesn't claim to be a live action experience, which suggests no actors. I'm more expecting something low-key, like the eating challenge they used to do in the BBQ, or a silly Big 6 style challenge like Towers do over summer.

I hope that Screamplexx is less embarrassing this year (and at least they've stopped advertising it as 4D when it was 2D). Another show is intriguing and could have potential.

Also, lol at the website still bragging that Living Nightmare is the world's first maze to have scenes from season 7, with the show getting ready to start it's 10th season...

7 hours ago, Loggers Creek said:

8FCA30AB-979C-41CB-8951-A92FEDD06356.thumb.jpeg.df6050a2eaf0d4a52a2038c28d0d65fe.jpeg

Souce- Thrill Nation. 

And just like everyone expected, No Big Top either. Let’s just hope it’s better than last years embarrassment.

Source - Thorpepark.com unless are thrill nation doing all imagery for thorpepark now?

I think that Big Top is coming back for this reaso:

• In the Bouncezilla (located where Big Top was) theme tune there are a few snippets of the Big Top Theme Tune. I reckon that that is teasing the big top which will be unveiled later this summer.

I think that Do or Die will be moved to Swarm Island where Sanctum was.

15 minutes ago, TheBigTopDan said:

I think that Big Top is coming back for this reaso:

• In the Bouncezilla (located where Big Top was) theme tune there are a few snippets of the Big Top Theme Tune. I reckon that that is teasing the big top which will be unveiled later this summer.

I think that Do or Die will be moved to Swarm Island where Sanctum was.

As much as I’d love this to be true, it seems very unlikely. I think as bouncezilla closes on the 8th of September, that leaves a really tight space for the big top to be built.

I would love do or die to return to swarm island though, it would give the maze a much better atmosphere, as last year you could see zodiac inside the maze! 

1 minute ago, ItzAdam said:

As much as I’d love this to be true, it seems very unlikely. I think as bouncezilla closes on the 8th of September, that leaves a really tight space for the big top to be built.

I would love do or die to return to swarm island though, it would give the maze a much better atmosphere, as last year you could see zodiac inside the maze! 

Good Point tbf. But I still believe that there will be a return of Big Top because of those teasers.

I will buy everyone on this forum a drink at the local spoons if Big Top returns. I will actually go through it butt naked if it did. Time to just accept that it’s gone for good.

*sees the lineup announcement for Fright nights.

Well guess that’s me sticking to Alton Towers Scarefest and Tulleys Shocktoberfest 

51 minutes ago, Martin Doyle said:

I will buy everyone on this forum a drink at the local spoons if Big Top returns. I will actually go through it butt naked if it did. Time to just accept that it’s gone for good.

Really splashing the boat out there then... didn't you previously say that you would run round the park naked?