Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

TPC

7 minutes ago, jessica2 said:

make sure we all light a candle 🕯️ for all big top fans who think it's coming back this year.

Thought I’d just leave this image below as a reminder of some of what this event once had over the years.....

*cries in a corner!!

Going from Freezer to Do or die really is like holidaying in the Bahamas one minute then finding yourself in Bognor (no offence to anyone with any connection to Bognor!!)

1754D92B-30F9-47D5-9D42-F18DEE133378.jpeg

1 minute ago, Martin Doyle said:

Thought I’d just leave this image below as a reminder of some of what this event once had over the years.....

*cries in a corner!!

Going from Freezer to Do or die really is like holidaying in the Bahamas one minute then finding yourself in Bognor (no offence to anyone with any connection to Bognor!!)

Definitely agree to put asylum/hellgate etc in the same category as e.g. dead creek woods is just silly. I guess bognor is cheap and cheerful? lol.

1 hour ago, MattyMoo said:

Seeing those old maze photos has made me sad. I'm off to go melt some pop badges.

No don't melt your pop badges they will be very very rare to see on park don't do it they will be worth alot of money I will try and get this year's line up if they updated the sanctum to the do or die one 

32 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

I honestly think the new maze will go in Loggers Station and the new show will just be Showtime in the arena. That would be the obvious choice I think.

You mean the dome not arena the arena was removed to make way for Darren brown So I hope you are meaning showtime will be in the dome because your post has just confused me I just had to inform you then. Confused 😖 

39 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

The arena? 🤔

I mean the dome. The arena is long gone anyway.

37 minutes ago, Platform15fan said:

You mean the dome not arena the arena was removed to make way for Darren brown So I hope you are meaning showtime will be in the dome because your post has just confused me I just had to inform you then. Confused 😖 

Darren Brown? Where is that in the park? I thought the arena was replaced with Derren Brown lol?

12 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

I mean the dome. The arena is long gone anyway.

Darren Brown? Where is that in the park? I thought the arena was replaced with Derren Brown lol?

Darren Brown sounds better, I like Darren. Then Thorpe wouldn't have to had to paid Derren all that cash... free IP! The spare money could have been spent on fright nights or a new coaster.... 

1 hour ago, EpicSmatty said:

From Colossus you can see that the loggers queue line roof has been redone, looks like quite a long term fix. Lots of the queue line fencing has been taken out too, I assume from inside as the outside fencing is still there.

Yh also the scaffolding is still up so hopefully they are extending it even more!

• 2 weeks later...

New maze looks promising, though I hope it doesn't end up as a budget version of the chop shop...

Considering that apparently the park hasn't had the best summer visitors wise, surely soon they should start drumming up business for fright nights.  I've seen a lot of generic 'island like no other' advertising on tv and even at Cannon Street station, so I wonder if they'll keep this up for Fright Nights.

Although personally less people = less queues haha.

43 minutes ago, jessica2 said:

New maze looks promising, though I hope it doesn't end up as a budget version of the chop shop...

Considering that apparently the park hasn't had the best summer visitors wise, surely soon they should start drumming up business for fright nights.  I've seen a lot of generic 'island like no other' advertising on tv and even at Cannon Street station, so I wonder if they'll keep this up for Fright Nights.

Although personally less people = less queues haha.

That would make my day for less queues but I am going 21st of October during the October half term it was still very busy the day I went last October in the middle of the week on the Wednesday I have tried to organise to go the last Friday but my mate has work the next day 

1 hour ago, Platform15fan said:

That would make my day for less queues but I am going 21st of October during the October half term it was still very busy the day I went last October in the middle of the week on the Wednesday I have tried to organise to go the last Friday but my mate has work the next day 

Cool Story! Be prepared to buy lots of fast tracks.

First couple of weeks on the Thursday is where it's at, low crowds.