Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

TPC

Might not be overly useful but Thorpe have said to me that they will release details of fastpass and group booking prices 'within the next few days'. So not sure if that'll involve any other announcements or if the maze fastpass will still be a mystery. Just seems odd that its September now and you can't yet buy a group ticket for October.

43 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Can I lay money on it being next week please? :D

I feel like the odds on that aren't going to be great.

Also on Thorpe's website, it says there will be 8 'scare attractions' (assuming this includes the screamplex cinema), including 2 new ones not yet announced. Further down though, it lists 9 scare attractions with 3 as to be announced (new fears 1-3). Feel like they haven't really proof read their website... or one of these 3 is going to be like that fanta thing last year.

4 hours ago, jessica2 said:

Also on Thorpe's website, it says there will be 8 'scare attractions' (assuming this includes the screamplex cinema), including 2 new ones not yet announced. Further down though, it lists 9 scare attractions with 3 as to be announced (new fears 1-3). Feel like they haven't really proof read their website... or one of these 3 is going to be like that fanta thing last year.

The 9th "attraction" is listed as a challenge, so I expect it'll either be the return of the rib cage challenge or similar, or something equivalent to Towers' Big Six challenge ("can you tackle our terrifying mazes to get a kids pop badge??").

Last year they didn't even include the Fanta thing as an attraction! They may have something return though; wouldn't surprise me.

Ok everyone I am all booked now for the 21st of October which I have done today I am having high expectations for creek wood sawmill platform 15 Blair witch and the living nightmare. I ran out of time and I am sure it is a good maze lastly saw alive was in my plans of where I left off as well doing that after living nightmare but that's no longer in operation I will jump straight next door for Creek wood sawmill fear 3 if fear 3 is the creek wood sawmill.

Wow, saying it's their "most intense maze to date" is a very bold claim.  They're saying it'll be more intense than Asylum and Experiment 10 so naturally expectations will be extremely high now. 

If it isn't as intense as E10 in its first year (which was insane) it's not good enough now that they have said that.

I hope "intense" doesn't just mean more than one chainsaw, I always found the buildup to the final on Asylum worked far better than just throwing in loads of chainsaws Chop-Shop style.

46 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Must resist the urge..must resist the urge..must resist the urge...

Nope, can't.

Asylum remains the most overrated mazes in the history of Thorpe Park and it wasn't that intense. 

:)

Unpopular opinion alert! lol. 

Asylum always used to be the highlight of fright nights for me. Can't believe this is going to be as good but who knows.

On 9/3/2019 at 9:52 AM, jessica2 said:

Unpopular opinion alert! lol. 

Asylum always used to be the highlight of fright nights for me. Can't believe this is going to be as good but who knows.

Asylum/Freezer was great because it used such a simple design. Strobes, fencing,smoke,sirens. Yet the actors they had in there complimented that loud atmosphere perfectly. I had runs where the actors full on lept over the fences at me and started trying to drag me from the back of the group. They were absolutely crazy in there. It really was and remains to this day the best maze in the history of the event. If this new maze is half the attraction it was then it’s done well. 

Omg I was right it was the creak wood sawmill now confirmed as cream freak massacre I can not wait I bet this is going to have the biggest queue never know. It will probably beat the popularity of big top I will might have to queue first if this one is popular but I need to get living nightmare done but could go to my plan living nightmare first then go to creek freak sawmill.

1 hour ago, Marhelorpe said:

“Our most intense maze ever”

Man, I genuinely cannot wait to see what the vloggers such as Park Pixie, Coaster Click and Backseat Boiiii have to say about this, sounds as if they’re gonna have a field day over it!

It's ya gal Park Pixie back on the island like no other :D