Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

TPC

Think it's safe to say this is the probably the new 'chilling challenge' they're introducing this year...

"Ride each of our big five coasters once, scan the QR codes located in the coaster queue lines, decipher the creepy code-word, quote it at the Megastore for a FREE exclusive Feared 5 wristband."

25 minutes ago, MilesK said:
Think it's safe to say this is the probably the new 'chilling challenge' they're introducing this year...

"Ride each of our big five coasters once, scan the QR codes located in the coaster queue lines, decipher the creepy code-word, quote it at the Megastore for a FREE exclusive Feared 5 wristband."

Oh joyous! Why do they big up such non-events/experiences/attractions so much to be something they're not?

Couldn't they have released a special popbadge or something? ;) 

1 hour ago, Coaster said:

I think it's poor, it is advertised as a major selling point of the MAP but you can't use it all the time.

And what would £15 get you at Tulley's a bit of street entertainment. At the end of the day you would be complaining that the park was too busy in your review if they sold entry at  £15.

34 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

That Feared Five challenge is stupid.

I guess that's their attempt at moving people away from the mazes to spread the queues. But on a lively day, people will struggle to do all mazes and all coasters imo. Seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot.

Answer will be on the MAP group one day in. Then there will be no stock left.

They have edited fear 3 it's no longer going to be a show it does not say show anymore there probably saving the best one we keep saying big top I thought we was getting one announcement today but we got the challenge announced today it will make our day. if fear 3 gets announced today but that'I doubtful they will probably announce the next one a week before annual pass preview /press media night preview plus I wish we could film our footage in the mazes after press night I got told to put my phone away before entering Blair witch last year it was shocking we could only film the scare zones showtime and amity high last year but I understand it's health and safety.

58 minutes ago, Glitch said:

And what would £15 get you at Tulley's a bit of street entertainment. At the end of the day you would be complaining that the park was too busy in your review if they sold entry at  £15.

It's not the price, it's the principle of paying for the MAP and then not being able to utilise the perks.

With Tulleys you get what you pay for, it's excellent.

36 minutes ago, Lunar_ said:

New Fear 3 has been announced as Terror at Amity High, which is being marketed more like a show this year instead of a scare zone.

So not a new fear then. Lol

I believe the park had different (and significantly more exciting!) plans a scare zone/show, but have had to cut back.

Let's hope they can staff it this time instead of having to rely on actors from agency!

28 minutes ago, Coaster said:

It's not the price, it's the principle of paying for the MAP and then not being able to utilise the perks.

With Tulleys you get what you pay for, it's excellent.

Has it not always been this way for the Bring a Friend? At the very least, I'm sure they restricted some dates.

If not, it certainly makes it clear that the offer is only for standard entry (ie - not special events). And I'm certainly behind that; I'm all for them having special offers and such, but given the huge number of passholders and the significant saving it gives, I'm glad they're not usable during Fright Nights.

38 minutes ago, Loggers Creek said:

I think the scariest attraction is going to be leaving the car park at the end of the night. 

The amount if time it takes to leave is honestly frightening!

Why is that I got out the car park in no time atall last year even I read the police turned up at the park on the 21st October 2018 I never saw any police I saw it and trip advisor someone's thoughts 

2 hours ago, Glitch said:

Honestly I would pay 15 pounds for the street at Tulleys, the street actors there are literally hilarious! You could easily spend the night just soaking in the atmosphere.

2 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

Honestly I would pay 15 pounds for the street at Tulleys, the street actors there are literally hilarious! You could easily spend the night just soaking in the atmosphere.

Massive part of why Shocktoberfest leads the way in this country as far as I go and that’s without even touching the attractions. Those nurses!! 😍😍

Hell park wide atmosphere and decoration is also something I hope Thorpe improve on as back in the glory days of this event, it excelled in that department.

So the new maze will be the scariest yet?  This coming from the people who said that Fright Nights last year was going to be the best one to date - and that was a shower of s%#^

Honestly not hyped in the slightest for Fright Nights - my pass expires in 3 weeks and it’s doubtful I will renew this year.

As for chainsaws being scary - I used to love them - would walk slowly towards the end of Asylum but then a couple of years later I ran into some crazed actor with a chainsaw on Big Top and it’s scarred me for life.  I literally screamed my way through Chop Shop last year and the year before that at Scare Fest I ran out of Sub Species, burst into tears then had an asthma attack followed by a panic attack 🤣 - I can laugh about it now but it scared the poop out of me at the time 

4 hours ago, JoshC. said:

Has it not always been this way for the Bring a Friend? At the very least, I'm sure they restricted some dates.

If not, it certainly makes it clear that the offer is only for standard entry (ie - not special events). And I'm certainly behind that; I'm all for them having special offers and such, but given the huge number of passholders and the significant saving it gives, I'm glad they're not usable during Fright Nights.

If I recall correctly they could be used up until half term last year.

I used mine and had it confirmed by the park prior to visiting, so it was a planned thing that they would be usable last year.

New sign was up today for creek freak massacre. Picture came out terrible so not even gonna bother posting it but it looked pretty good. There was also lots of work going on with a few doors open allowing us to see inside. Silkstone was doing his best work so I’m sure we’ll be able to tune in to a ‘sick’ vid soon to ‘gas us up’ for it.