Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

TPC

13 hours ago, LK_ said:

Seems like the best place to ask this, I have a premium thorpe season pass, for some fright nights dates, do I have to pay extra to get entry? if so, how does one go about doing so? 

You can get in for Fright Nights with your pass on 29th Sept and 3rd, 4th, 6th, 10th & 11th October. All other dates are excluded however I don't know how much tickets will costs (probably in the region of £10-20 again) and currently I don't think they're available for purchase, which is odd given that the event starts in just over two weeks...

The actors have had their induction yesterday and they have been sorted to there mazes today I only know a few I can't wait now they will be doing rehearsals all next week and be ready for annual pass preview and press/media night week after next then be n full swing over the coming weeks of October. I know a few actors that's how I knew.

17 hours ago, Coaster said:

I'm intrigued as to why there is the red canvas on the outside of the old Loggers station/Creek Freak maze?

I’m assuming that it’s there in the case of light leakage into the building. If there is any, it’ll be blood red so as to fit the theme of the maze and hopefully not detract from the experience.

On 9/11/2019 at 3:37 PM, JoshC. said:

-Creek Freak Massacre will have a spinning saw on its sign, as some speculated

Already knew this as I like and subscribe to my pin up Jack Silkstone ❤️

Also, I love that blogs actually get exciting by details like that... "Well, the maze was utter garbage BUT DID YOU SEE THE SPINNING SAW ON THE SIGN THO!"

By contrast - I think Tulley's signage for mazes are pretty damn poor - but no one really cares about that. Because they are signs.

So if Thorpe get something over Tulleys this year, it will be a spinning sign - UNLESS Tulleys will now upgrade all their signs too #speculation #gassed #signofthetimes

An article in  The Sun (sorry) suggests that there will be multiple routes / groups split up in Creek Freak Massacre: 

A new addition to the park this year is the Creek Freak Massacre, where guests have to navigate the attraction while separated from the group and being chased by someone wielding a chainsaw.

13 minutes ago, LukeP_8 said:

The Asylum, The Asylum, The Asylum. By far the greatest maze they had their and that is not an unpopular opinion. 

I'm desperate to see that thing again, or if it's still controversial just name it what it originally was named... The Freezer.

Perfectly designed maze to make you feel disorientated and put you into pure panic.

Experiment 10 was better. Big top (2017) was better. I’d even argue that Studio 13 was better. Asylum was a great maze but way too overhyped, just like cabin.

4 minutes ago, Jack said:

Experiment 10 was better. Big top (2017) was better. I’d even argue that Studio 13 was better. Asylum was a great maze but way too overhyped, just like cabin.

Experiment 10 was great, Big Top 2017 would have been good if the maze wasnt so crowded with people and everyone got stuck, due to the freeflow nature.

Studio 13 was terrible I'm afraid imo, thats why it only lasted a year.

And like you said cabin was overhyped, was never a fan.

However the Asylum is the only one that genuinly scared the life out of me. Non of the others have ever done that.

10 minutes ago, Jack said:

Even if you feel like it was overhyped, would you not want to see an epic maze be brought back? I mean, its a damn slight better than their current line up and last years.... Lmao

Asylum was awesome! Very simple concept but very effective! I also think it used the conga line style of the maze to its advantage.

Freezer and Asylum were a completely iconic part of Fright Nights and to this day people still speak about it, it did last a decade or so.. I think Asylum is the Terror Of The Towers of Thorpe,  I would not be surprised if it returned at one point in some form..  I loved Studio though! If that got brought back I would be equally as happy.

Cabin though.. Now that Sub Species exists whats the point?

12 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

Asylum was awesome! Very simple concept but very effective! I also think it used the conga line style of the maze to its advantage.

Freezer and Asylum were a completely iconic part of Fright Nights and to this day people still speak about it, it did last a decade or so.. I think Asylum is the Terror Of The Towers of Thorpe,  I would not be surprised if it returned at one point in some form..  I loved Studio though! If that got brought back I would be equally as happy.

You reckon it would ever come back? I mean thats a day to die for. I think its unlikely given the controversy it got (a controversy I disagree with). 

But it is absolutely iconic. Desperate to have it back

6 minutes ago, LukeP_8 said:

That with strobe lights and a bunch of people running round with chainsaws..... 😨😨 imagine?

That's how it's going to be. The strobe lights are actually visible through the window with the red sheet over. Pattern looks very Big Top/TOTT-esque. This could potentially be very very good, but this is Fright Nights...

1 hour ago, MilesK said:

That's how it's going to be. The strobe lights are actually visible through the window with the red sheet over. Pattern looks very Big Top/TOTT-esque. This could potentially be very very good, but this is Fright Nights...

Could be exactly the kind of thing ive been waiting for, for years.

I would hate for any maze to be bought back. Nostalgia always plays a role in this things and it's difficult to get things back to how people remember them. It also smacks of unoriginality. Let the past be the past.

The only maze I'd be okay for them to bring back is Big Top, but that's only because it was substantially different in each of its 3 years. Being different was part of Big Top's charm. But even then, could the park pull it off so that Big Top 4 was anywhere near the quality of 2 and 3?

22 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

Cabin's first year still remains my favourite. A maze where you go round in small groups, enter a room, close the door behind you and then something happens. And something happened in every room. That was a very original concept and different to Sub Species' premise. 

I'd love a maze of similar interactivity, where you choose a route throughout, and each scene is tailor-made to having something happen. Of course, throughput would be a nightmare, but still, it'd be nice.

Was at the park today and having a nosey round Creek Freak thing - you can clearly see strobes and metal fence type things - they also did an audio run but literally lasted about 15 seconds before being switched off.

Audio sounds great and I think chainsaws and strobes will be enough to scare the poop out of some people - being disorientated and chased by a chainsaw wielding maniac = fab!