Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

TPC

I'm definitely a fan of 'intense' mazes, which is why asylum and the chop shop are my favorite mazes of all time. Having said that I used to enjoy Hellgate and Se7en for example, because they each had their own charm and were definitely entertaining, but for pure scare factor they don't quite come close for me. 

I find platform 15 and blair witch dull and monotone other than the house scene in platform and the finale in blair witch. Hoping there are some tweaks to both.

Will wait and see if this new maze delivers the intensity, and balances it with some theming and charm too!

4 hours ago, JoshC. said:

A blog about the score for Creek Freak Massacre, which isn't being done by IMA Score or Thorpe bae Nick Hutson...

https://www.thorpepark.com/blog/a-theme-park-like-no-other-the-sound-of-fright-nights

So turns out Mr Morris from Friday Night Dinner was right... These Punk Rockers are everywhere!  

Back on topic... I'm interested to see how it'll come out, no offense to them but their music just sounds like bog standard emo hardcore. I'd love it if it was anything like Rob Zombie but I do have my doubts based on the back catalogue. I get that they are likely doing it for next to nothing possibly for exposure, but I don't understand how it would get people into your music if its so different from what you normally do. I suppose Thorpe don't really care if its not as good as it could be and see it as a bargain!

Thorpe Park have updated the description of Creak Freak Nightmare on the website;

How much wood would a wood chop chop if a wood chop could chop YOU? 

The old abandoned Creek Woods Saw Mill is no haunted house attraction - it’s home to a real life family of deranged lumberjacks. Tread carefully through the forest, or you may find yourself falling victim to the latest chainsaw massacre!

As they hack their way through the woods, these Creek freaks are armed with chainsaws and a thirst for gore.. In this extreme scare maze experience, a quick death is actually the merciful way to go. With chainsaw-wielding lumberjacks on the loose, only time will tell who will survive, and what will be left of them…

If you’re looking for a maze that scares you, we mean truly terrifies you, this extreme maze experience is set to be the most intense scare maze in the UK.  Brand new for 2019, this is no scary maze game… this is the ultimate Halloween maze attraction. Brace yourself and prepare for the worst as you take on the gruesome chainsaw massacre madness that lies within Creek Freak Massacre. We’re done playing scary games - this is the most extreme Thorpe Park scare maze ever opened!

Creek Freak Massacre scare maze is included in your FRIGHT NIGHTS entry ticket. Book now from £33pp - and be warned, booking online is the only way to guarantee your entry!

Face the maze that scares you, makes you jump and sends you running for shelter from the lunatic lumberjacks.

This extreme maze is open from 3pm on all of the following dates.

Other dates:

3-6 Oct, 10-13 Oct, 17 Oct-3 Nov

https://www.thorpepark.com/fright-nights/creek-freak-massacre

They really are pushing the "most extreme maze ever" line, will it really be scarier than Experiment 10?

I am confused by the dates, does this mean the maze will not be open for the first weekend of Fright Nights?!

32 minutes ago, Coaster said:

I am confused by the dates, does this mean the maze will not be open for the first weekend of Fright Nights?!

No. At the top of the page it says "Next on 28-29 Sept", then at the end of the description it says the other dates it's on.

It's a weird way of saying it, but that's how they've done it the past couple of years.

As for extreme, it seems Thorpe need a thesaurus. This is a description of Blair Witch...

ENTER THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT IN THIS EXTREME MAZEU URBANEXPLORING JUST GOT DARK…

In 2019, the Blair Witch Project celebrates its 20th anniversary. So it’s time to return to the cursed Black Hills forest near Burkittsville, Maryland… if you’re feeling brave enough. Take on this extreme maze for an undeniably immersive experience, leading you deep within the iconic horror film. Join the search in BLAIR WITCH at Thorpe Park FRIGHT NIGHTS.

Venture deep into the terrifying wilderness and battle the elements as you fight to take on the evil that lurks beyond the darkness. As you’ll know from the lore of the Blair Witch, you must remember: never spend the night; never look in her eyes; never turn away from the corner. Unlike those famous film students in the haunted woods, you won’t have a camera to record where you are. So if you get lost, no one will know! 

The doors to the Blair Witch extreme maze open at dusk, when the woods around Thorpe Park Resort sink into darkness. When you know there’s something evil hiding in the woods, dare you enter after nightfall?

The Thorpe Park Blair Witch maze is included in your FRIGHT NIGHTS entry ticket. Book now from £33pp!

Take on this extreme maze, inspired by the iconic horror film, on any of the following dates.
Other dates:
3-6 Oct, 10-13 Oct, 17 Oct-3 Nov

4 hours ago, Coaster said:

Thorpe Park have updated the description of Creak Freak Nightmare on the website;

https://www.thorpepark.com/fright-nights/creek-freak-massacre

They really are pushing the "most extreme maze ever" line, will it really be scarier than Experiment 10?

It will have to be quite something for it to beat Experiment 10 and Asylum. Those 2 were the definition of extreme. Nothing since has ever been produced that can compete. 

They could be digging a hole here.

Passholder preview "evening" is from 3pm to 5pm?

That really stinks of doing the absolute bare mininum, passholder night used to be 6/6:30pm - 10pm and it was the entire park open exclusively, not just letting people go in the mazes during normal opening hours.

They sell the passes with the promise of exclusive events but this is just lazier than lazy.  3pm to 5pm is no use to me and I suspect many others who are at work, and 2 hours wouldn't be enough to justify a visit anyway.

Link - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fright-nights-2019-merlin-and-thorpe-passholder-maze-preview-tickets-72966421531?fbclid=IwAR1MJ_GYbsHGta7AD_WsfHqpFIEjhxjI6evO-o58BRFlP0iYoaaSkEyDwv4

This event is being held at Thorpe Park Resort on 27th September 2019 between 3pm and 5pm and will include:
• Access to x4 FRIGHT NIGHTS horror mazes including Creek Freak Massacre, Platform 15, The Walking Dead: Living Nightmare Extreme, and The Walking Dead: Do or Die!
• PLUS all the other perks you receive from your Merlin or Thorpe Pass!
Please note that Blair Witch will not be opening due to time of day.

Apparently we're seeing the return of Living Nightmare Extreme?

Agree with Coaster; a poor excuse of an event if you ask me.

47 minutes ago, Coaster said:

Passholder preview "evening" is from 3pm to 5pm?

That really stinks of doing the absolute bare mininum, passholder night used to be 6/6:30pm - 10pm and it was the entire park open exclusively, not just letting people go in the mazes during normal opening hours.

They sell the passes with the promise of exclusive events but this is just lazier than lazy.  3pm to 5pm is no use to me and I suspect many others who are at work, and 2 hours wouldn't be enough to justify a visit anyway.

It's better than nothing.

Why not go on the Sunday instead then, the crowd levels will still be low and probably even lower than this event where all MAP holders are running to put 1st group in  Creek Freak 2019 and simply avoid the spoilers coming from the 'press' night for a few days.

Also if I was a full paying guest and was told to go away when the mazes open at 3pm, I would see it as being quite exclusive. 

39 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Link - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fright-nights-2019-merlin-and-thorpe-passholder-maze-preview-tickets-72966421531?fbclid=IwAR1MJ_GYbsHGta7AD_WsfHqpFIEjhxjI6evO-o58BRFlP0iYoaaSkEyDwv4

Is the Extreme version happening this fright nights for living nightmare It does not say it online 

7 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Why not go on the Sunday instead then, the crowd levels will still be low and probably even lower than this event where all MAP holders are running to put 1st group in  Creek Freak 2019 and simply avoid the spoilers coming from the 'press' night for a few days.

Also if I was a full paying guest and was told to go away when the mazes open at 3pm, I would see it as being quite exclusive. 

It's not better than nothing though, it's actually pretty poor that they think this is acceptable to sell as an "event" after weeks of people asking online about the passholder preview night.

It was a staple part of Fright Nights from 2013 onwards and this just feels like they want to sell the passes with the expectations of similar events but when it comes to actually running the events they can't be bothered.

36 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Nope, take off the Merlin-tinted spectacles for a minute.

1) This event is taking place on a Friday afternoon; most people will not be available.

2) When the park have done stuff like this in the past, staff eventually just get tired of non-AP people asking to go in and just let everyone in. It basically just ends up as another test run.

3) This represents a further devaluation of the MAP. Full events have been reduced to a couple of hours of 'you can go on these attractions at a set time'.

This stinks of budget cuts and a lack of care for Annual Passholders.

2 hours ago, JoshC. said:

Somebody at Merlin's messed up, they supposedly aren't released yet, just booked 2 😂 I have got to say 3pm-5pm is one of the worst I've ever seen them do, doesn't make it better that "Blair Witch will not be opening due to time of day." I'll still go and see what it's like but not holding out much hope! 

What a shower of s#%t.   Thorpe is getting worse - honestly had better days at Chessie this year - and last year I found Howloween far better than Fright Nights.

While Fright Nights *might* be decent this year, having a preview between 3-5pm is an absolute joke - it’s almost like they are going out of their way to annoy pass holders.  A lot of people will be at work or school/college so if they could only muster to a crummy 2 hour preview I don’t understand why they didn’t chose a weekend to do it.  Plus there is the issue of non pass holders being there and will inevitably get frustrated that the mazes will open but they won’t be able to go in them.