Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

TPC

Obviously I'm saying this in case anyone else needs it as of course I have a super premium ultimate MAP surrounded by the weight of 400 pop badges on my lanyard that I have stolen from children, but it looks as if the 2-4-1 deals on Cadbury products etc. are valid until 13th October - I..e, the "Off peak" Fright Night dates. Can't really grumble at £27.50/each for a day on park that's going to be pretty quiet.

30 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Obviously I'm saying this in case anyone else needs it as of course I have a super premium ultimate MAP surrounded by the weight of 400 pop badges on my lanyard that I have stolen from children, but it looks as if the 2-4-1 deals on Cadbury products etc. are valid until 13th October - I..e, the "Off peak" Fright Night dates. Can't really grumble at £27.50/each for a day on park that's going to be pretty quiet.

Did u get all 7 pop badges last fright nights when it was on a daily calendar u know sanctum living nightmare Blair witch saw alive platform 15  big top and the fright nights 2018 badge I got one the day I went and I was pretty lucky to come across. it I was after the platform 15 one I did get offered by the  staff member if I wanted the rest of them as there where in her locker as she said ashame this is not happened this year. I was hoping it was going to happen again I am going to try and get the wicker witches haunt badge if it's available in megastore or the island shop if they have any in stock by the 21stbof October if they have not ran out I will go straight to the shops as soon as I arrive is the only thing I am going to remember of my favourite attraction.

47 minutes ago, Platform15fan said:

Did u get all 7 pop badges last fright nights when it was on a daily calendar u know sanctum living nightmare Blair witch saw alive platform 15  big top and the fright nights 2018 badge I got one the day I went and I was pretty lucky to come across. it I was after the platform 15 one I did get offered by the  staff member if I wanted the rest of them as there where in her locker as she said ashame this is not happened this year. I was hoping it was going to happen again I am going to try and get the wicker witches haunt badge if it's available in megastore or the island shop if they have any in stock by the 21stbof October if they have not ran out I will go straight to the shops as soon as I arrive is the only thing I am going to remember of my favourite attraction.

Matt only collects Cebeebies land themed pop badges although rumor has it that he nearly has the full collection of 22.

6 minutes ago, Jack said:

Hopefully the new platform ending is actually scary. All 3 previous versions of the finale have been pretty boring imo.

I have just seen a picture of an actor who is dressed as a tour guide for platform  on Instagram there not using a modern torch this year there using a hand lantern u know the one u see in the greatest showman before the circus burns down. U guys will see in videos what I mean 

1 hour ago, Glitch said:

Early reviews are starting to come out for the new Creek Freak attraction, saying it's very intense and that fright nights is the best it has ever been.

Note: Reviews may or may not be biased as coming from staff reviews.

Precisely, as we were told last year by almost certainly the same people that 2018 was “the best Fright Nights yet”. Look at how that ended...

I just hope this year the park don’t just focus purely on the scare mazes and instead look at all other areas which contribute to the event. Things such as park lightning, decorations and audio are just as important I’d say, especially for those not wishing to go in the mazes.

Last thing I want to see are X’s lights flashing all over the entrance bridge again... it looked ruddy awful last year.

6 hours ago, Glitch said:

Early reviews are starting to come out for the new Creek Freak attraction, saying it's very intense and that fright nights is the best it has ever been.

Note: Reviews may or may not be biased as coming from staff reviews.

I mean they could be right but I remember the same people declaring the new stuff last year as outstanding because they were involved in the creative process so.... I'll wait for you guys to review it.

6 hours ago, Marhelorpe said:

I just hope this year the park don’t just focus purely on the scare mazes and instead look at all other areas which contribute to the event. Things such as park lightning, decorations and audio are just as important I’d say, especially for those not wishing to go in the mazes.

The issue with last year was precicely them not focusing on mazes. The mazes were awful and the mazes is the main part of the event. They need to focus on the mazes rather than the money involved in IPs. 

Over time the park theming for fright nights has improved alot, however thr event itself has become dramatically worse. Once again this is due to the lack in maze quality. 

2012 for instance was an unbelievable fright night year. Park themeing was awful, but mazes like Asylum and Experiment 10 MADE the event. They were INCREDIBLE.

They really need to focus on maze quality as 95% of people who go to the event go to get scared, which leads you to the mazes.

I was implying the fact last year the park were too obsessive over delivering the highest number of mazes and scare attractions more than anything, all of which were admittedly poor quality, so I take on-board what you say that maze quality can make or break the event, especially when looking at previous years.

To me though, there is far more to this event than just the mazes which is why I highlighted other areas such as the lighting, theming and audio and why they matter. For example of where it goes wrong, the WWTP playlist used last year did not work in my opinion one bit, Dead Creek Woods had a blinding white floodlight above it’s entrance sign so you couldn’t read the bloomin’ thing from the ground, and the placement of those stupid random RGB rainbow LED light rigs was ridiculous and so out-of-place.

And as for theming? This event has had close to zilch park and ride-wise since 2009. Before 2010, every ride was decorated properly from Hell freezing over for Inferno, a Children’s play swing for Rush or Humpty Dumpty for Detonator. The park had character back then, unlike the last 6 years of Fright Nights honestly with IPs galore shoved down your throat everywhere.

2007-2009 were incredible years not only for the mazes, but audio from Midnight Syndicate and Charlie Clouser coupled with proper lighting and brilliant park theming were what made those the best years of the event in my view.

It’s such a stark contrast to what we have today I think.

11 hours ago, Mark9 said:

I mean they could be right but I remember the same people declaring the new stuff last year as outstanding because they were involved in the creative process so.... I'll wait for you guys to review it.

Indeed.

Just remember that, somewhere, someone - or many people with Merlin - signed off Vulcan Peak as a passable attraction both at conception stage and then once it opened.

Might try and stay away from Freaky Creaky spoilers - the whole ImMErSIVe experience has been ruined already as it was leaked that the chainsaw on the sign outside spins round.

On a positive note for FNs 2018 - I thought the roaming clowns that suddenly swarmed around people were good last year.

2 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Just remember that, somewhere, someone - or many people with Merlin - signed off Vulcan Peak as a passable attraction both at conception stage and then once it opened.

First thing that went through my mind last year when I got out of that abomination was “whoever designed and signed off on this should be fired on the spot” that’s how bad I found it!!

In regards to park wide theming and audio, yes that was a massive part of why I enjoyed the event in its early years. However, the event has loads to do on its road to improvement and the most important aspect of these events IS the mazes. Once they get the mazes right then they should move onto parkwide atmosphere.

12 minutes ago, Martin Doyle said:

First thing that went through my mind last year when I got out of that abomination was “whoever designed and signed off on this should be fired on the spot” that’s how bad I found it!!

In regards to park wide theming and audio, yes that was a massive part of why I enjoyed the event in its early years. However, the event has loads to do on its road to improvement and the most important aspect of these events IS the mazes. Once they get the mazes right then they should move onto parkwide atmosphere.

I need Vulcan peak not mentioned as I am in Blair queue I will be thinking about it as it was this time last year it was next door where jungle escape is in general as I said the maze was bad as we all have said but the audio outside the attraction I found really good even that u could hear. it in the intro scene for Blair all I need to do is not think of it plus I wonder if Blair is going to be using the jungle escape queue is going to be used as the extension queue for Blair that's what I am thinking.

3 hours ago, Marhelorpe said:

I was implying the fact last year the park were too obsessive over delivering the highest number of mazes and scare attractions more than anything, all of which were admittedly poor quality, so I take on-board what you say that maze quality can make or break the event, especially when looking at previous years.

To me though, there is far more to this event than just the mazes which is why I highlighted other areas such as the lighting, theming and audio and why they matter. For example of where it goes wrong, the WWTP playlist used last year did not work in my opinion one bit, Dead Creek Woods had a blinding white floodlight above it’s entrance sign so you couldn’t read the bloomin’ thing from the ground, and the placement of those stupid random RGB rainbow LED light rigs was ridiculous and so out-of-place.

And as for theming? This event has had close to zilch park and ride-wise since 2009. Before 2010, every ride was decorated properly from Hell freezing over for Inferno, a Children’s play swing for Rush or Humpty Dumpty for Detonator. The park had character back then, unlike the last 6 years of Fright Nights honestly with IPs galore shoved down your throat everywhere.

2007-2009 were incredible years not only for the mazes, but audio from Midnight Syndicate and Charlie Clouser coupled with proper lighting and brilliant park theming were what made those the best years of the event in my view.

It’s such a stark contrast to what we have today I think.

Ye I agree, but what can I say. Thorpe park has become lazy over the past 6 years. The park is going to **** tbh, 2012 was the last new rollercoaster. They need to pull their finger out and work harder, they have been batheing in the IP money and forgotten about us.

I have heard about blair already set and design is amazing and lighting I can not wait I think we should all give support for the cast and creative team behind the mazes this year they have worked on the mazes really well this year on the out door mazes this year with the quality I am going to support the outdoor mazes every year.