Ivsetti

Complaints, complaints and complaints.

Despite being one of the most well-known theme parks to the UK GP and one of the likeliest theme parks (or "resort") in the UK to become an international player nearly every single thread contains hundreds and hundreds of complaints about Thorpe Park ranging from the big things such as its visual appearance all the way down to the restraints they use on their rides. In fact, it seems like Thorpe Park is doing nothing right!

In preparation for the 2019 season, I've made a thread where you can list all your current, future and past problems and complaints about Thorpe Park in one easy to find thread. Maybe if someone senior at TP is reading this they can actually start doing something about the more common problems guests have. 

To avoid a completely depressing read, for every negative comment you write, please try to write a positive about Thorpe Park to go with it.

I'll start: I think Thorpe Park looks too dirty and run down, downtime is the expectation at Thorpe Park when it should be the exception (see HPWW) & events' quality is being reduced year on year (compare Tulley's to FN 2018)

Positives: Queues'll get smaller when fewer people turn up in the next few years.

Negative Paragraph:

Every investment non coaster related 2010 and onwards for the most part has been terrible, tacky, or just a complete waste of money or time.

Look at how Europa do small-medium investments such as Columbus or Whale Tours, make improvements without slapping on a outdated IP!

Or if not, add a cool flat ride, no tacky IPs or stupid USP, build a ride that is fun.

Positive Paragraph:

The Swarm. Not the most forceful coaster but a reliable B&M nevertheless, the heavy theming around it is also very cool and it just works with the isolation of the area so well.

The near-misses elements are also something I have to praise Merlin and Thorpe for, awesome!

Credit also has to go for turning X:NWO into X, X was a simple but just great staple for the families who Thorpe wanted to attract, it also gave a unpopular coaster a new lease on life and it seemed to be way more popular!

Negative:

Not such great operations on two out of five main coasters.

Positive:

Three out of five main coasters great operations!

Video fits the pattern of what I saw throughout most of 2018!

Negatives:

Too many dark, abandoned and rundown themes 

Abansoned rides- including a sky swat and Log Flume (where myths say it’s returning)

A rough Gerst and Intamin 

95% Of DBGT 

3 minute dispatches on an invert

Positives:

They have two B&M’s and one good Intamin 

It has rides 

It’s better than nothing (when it’s available)

13 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

Negative:

Not such great operations on two out of five main coasters.

Positive:

Three out of five main coasters great operations!

Video fits the pattern of what I saw throughout most of 2018!

I was actually with Taylor when he recorded those!

Anyway, onto this:

Negative:

All the wasted potential the park has had and the thought of what the park could’ve done with their money instead.

Positive:

The majority of times I visit I have a really enjoyable time, even on busy days.