TPM Meets Calendar 2019

Mattgwise

Hello TPM peeps,

Please find below a provisional plan for the year ahead. Dates are provisional until I confirm in the individual topics

Sunday 3rd Feb - Bowling and meal (other ideas welcome) 

Saturday 30th March - Thorpe Park opening meet

Friday 5th to Sunday 7th April - Blackpool meet

Saturday 18th May - Chessington meet

Saturday 29th to Sunday 30th June - Alton Towers meet (likely to go up Fri evening) 

Friday 2nd August  to Monday 5th Aug - Phantasialand international meet (2 days - Sat and Sun)

Saturday 12th October - Thorpe Park FN

December (Date TBC) - London attractions/Winter Wonderland

I might look at adding a few smaller parks in at random weekends across the year as well.

Any thoughts/opinions/ideas are welcome. :)

The list looks promising and I am aiming to attend most, if not all of these next year, but are quite concerned about the date of the Phantasialand trip.

I understand everyone has other commitments going on and some dates outside of summer for international trips can be difficult, but it's worth noting that the pricing of the flights and hotels in my experience in the middle of the summer holidays when all the schools are out can be as much as 4x that compared to say late May/early June for example. Like, you could be paying as much as £90pp per night in a shared room (basing this off research into me arranging a weekend trip to Liseberg back in summer 2017).

If however there is a decent deal flying around, I'm all up for attending it then. Just thought I'd say currently, it's a massive "maybe" from me.

50 minutes ago, Marhelorpe said:

Like, you could be paying as much as £90pp per night in a shared room (basing this off research into me arranging a weekend trip to Liseberg back in summer 2017).

I don't know where you've been looking, but I've never paid that much for a hotel room when I've gone away on a theme park trip.

For some context for Phantasialand, their most expensive hotel room for one night during a weekend in summer is €246 - split between 4 people that's about £55pp for the room. But you can get that down a lot - their cheapest rooms for that time are going for £35pp at the mo. 

Travel, again, look in the right place and book far enough in advance, and you can get good deals.

1 hour ago, Marhelorpe said:

The list looks promising and I am aiming to attend most, if not all of these next year, but are quite concerned about the date of the Phantasialand trip.

I understand everyone has other commitments going on and some dates outside of summer for international trips can be difficult, but it's worth noting that the pricing of the flights and hotels in my experience in the middle of the summer holidays when all the schools are out can be as much as 4x that compared to say late May/early June for example. Like, you could be paying as much as £90pp per night in a shared room (basing this off research into me arranging a weekend trip to Liseberg back in summer 2017).

If however there is a decent deal flying around, I'm all up for attending it then. Just thought I'd say currently, it's a massive "maybe" from me.

Cologne is far cheaper than Gothenberg!

At the moment there are flights at the end of July for as little as £45 return and also accommodation in hotels for around £270 for two people for three nights or even accommodation for up to 8 people in apartments at less than £1200 for three nights. If we confirm dates early in the new year and book well in advance it will be fine. This is open to change of course, but due to the nature of my job term time is out of the question unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the those dates, I might be able to do Blackpool and Alton Towers as they are both during uni holidays! Plus finally being 18 will allow this. If London is during uni holidays then I’ll go.

Much like last year, most meets I won’t be able to attend but because of uni this time round rather than just being busy in general. And travelling from Leeds for a crowded day at TP is maybe not quite worth it.

Also Blackpool would be a great opportunity to reach my 100th on Icon!