Jobs at Thorpe Park

RyanBeatsMinty07

Hello from the world's now most officially over-anticipated-completely-hyped-and-almost-dead-from-the-waiting guy.I went to the Assessment Centre last Wednesday, they said they'd let you know within 7 days (I know it says 14 on the website, but the guy said 7 and some else who'd just finished their interview said it was 7).Perhaps in this time of eager anticipation, I can't count, but surely 7 days from LAST Wednesday runs out today? They said they e-mail you if it's a NO and phone you if it's a YES.I resisted the urge to want to say 'I'll keep my phone nearby then'. That would have made me a cocky git.But I haven't heard ANYTHING.I've checked my e-mails (wishing majorly for nothing to be there...) and been jumping at every text (not like there's millions, but you know) on my phone.I knew I really wanted to the job before this *waiting zone* began. But now I ultra-extremely-upgraded-for-2007 want the job. In my eyes it's got to be one of the best jobs on the planet. But I've heard nothing... and so the paranoia begins.Is it: no contact because they've lost my documents... no contact because it's a no and someone's cocked up sending the e-mail out... no contact for some bizarre unknown other reason which I completely can't think of. "No news is good news...? Good things come to those who wait?... Applicants should receive their reply within 7 days...?"Should I ring them? Yes I am way too eager but that might seem pushy. Then again, they might think someone has contacted me where they haven't.I'm more confused than the story of X:\NWO. Arggggggh. I want to join in the excitement. I'd give it my all, and just hope I've persuaded them. What do I do? I'm throwing myself at the mercy (and rather helpful) advice of you LOVELY people.x

7 to 14 days to respond and rejections are usually dealt with first. I heard back from Chessington on the 7th day but people are who were at my assessment are still waiting to hear back and it was 9 days ago now. Don't sweat your socks off just cos you haven't heard back; when it gets to the 15th day, its time to worry. I also know a few people who applied in December and still have yet to hear anything, these things take time, rejections are usually dealt with first so the longer it takes them is supposedly better.Waiting for Merlin to get back to you after an assessment is quite an anxious period I must say. Good luck :huh:

7 to 14 days to respond and rejections are usually dealt with first. I heard back from Chessington on the 7th day but people are who were at my assessment are still waiting to hear back and it was 9 days ago now. Don't sweat your socks off just cos you haven't heard back; when it gets to the 15th day, its time to worry. I also know a few people who applied in December and still have yet to hear anything, these things take time, rejections are usually dealt with first so the longer it takes them is supposedly better.Waiting for Merlin to get back to you after an assessment is quite an anxious period I must say. Good luck :huh:

Three things...1) You're damn right Waiting for Merlin to get back to you after an assessment is an EXTREMELY anxious period2) Thank you! I completely love you. But not like that. Now I can remain sane for a maximum of another 24 hour period.3) Were you successful at Chessington? Hope so!

It could be anything. For me, they lost my phone number and my passport details.

Were you successful Mark? And how the heck did they contact you in the end!? (This was Thorpe Park, right?)

themeparkaddictI know exactly how you feel! :huh:Mind you, they did call yesterday, and it seems I have the job! :DI say that because, they said they will apply for something called a "Child Worker Permit", so I thought about this, and it seems logical. if they rejected me, they wouldn't go to all the trouble of applying for a permit now would they? So I guess it's okay from Thorpe's side, my job now lies in the hands of Surrey Council.*EDIT: Slightly reworded to make more sense

It was Thorpe Park yeah. In the end I got the number of a friend who worked there and had to call them to find out what was going on. I never found out if I got the job as by that time I was settled at Chessington.I wouldn't worry though, whenever they can, they will get in contact with you. :huh:

I know exactly how you feel! :huh:Mind you, they did call yesterday, and it seems I have the job! :DI say that because, they said they will need to apply for something called a "Child Worker Permit", so I thought about this, and it seems logical. if they rejected me, they wouldn't go to all the trouble of applying for a permit now would they? So I guess it's okay from Thorpe's side, my job now lies in the hands of Surrey Council.

Rawwwwwr. That was a roar of bizarre happiness, kinda. That message was in itself a rollercoaster. The second line in and... ARGH.BUT the rest, coolio. I am now (and this is scary) even MORE excited that I could work there, and I could have a phone call soon.Seriously, there's gonna be an explosion if they call up!Thanks guys, I'm now back on my Thorpe induced high.x

themeparkaddictI know exactly how you feel! :huh:Mind you, they did call yesterday, and it seems I have the job! :(I say that because, they said they will need to apply for something called a "Child Worker Permit", so I thought about this, and it seems logical. if they rejected me, they wouldn't go to all the trouble of applying for a permit now would they? So I guess it's okay from Thorpe's side, my job now lies in the hands of Surrey Council.

Ahh you worded that rather differently to me on MSN. They called you and say that they will have to apply for a Child Worker Permit, but they didn't actually say they are going to? If I worked in HR I wouldn't even let you into an assessment if you were 10 mins late, let alone possibly employ for turning up 45 mins late :huh:.

Be aware that R&A is the most popular department for applications, so it's kind of done on a first come first served basis. Back in 2006, I waited until I was just about to finish my GCSEs to apply for the job, and at the time there were vacancies in R&A, but by the time I had a response (3 weeks later) for an over the phone interview, there were only vacancies in F&B or Park Presentations. So F&B it was for me. You CAN attend on rides at 16, plenty of staff that work there are often under 18, but it's often convenient for them to employ someone who will be able to operate also. Quite a few cast members who were under 18 turned 18 last season (including myself). Of course, saying that, they'll employ who they think is most suitable for the job!If you do a fantastic job this season, you should be invited back, and then you'll have the opportunity to apply for R&A if you wish. For my second season I went back to F&B to develop my skills more, and for the third, finally went over to R&A. Same for this year! Thorpe is a fantastic place, but don't hype yourself up too much. It isn't always a walk in the park, and requires a lot of energy and effort.... but yes, BLATANTLY the best job ever :huh: It's very hard to consider when one may have to move on from such a proactive job.Hope any peeps on here have a great time working there, and wish anyone applying all the best! :D Perhaps you may be riding my Banana some day, or maybe again! (Yes I'm obsessed with people riding my Banana! :( )

Be yourself, be happy, positive, add to the team tasks and help out as much as you can in the team task - for the interview you need to be confident and do remember you don't have to answer the questions instantly, give the questions a few seconds thought or whatever.And don't be too shy, but don't be too overly confident! Good luck :huh:

Be yourself, be happy, positive, add to the team tasks and help out as much as you can in the team task - for the interview you need to be confident and do remember you don't have to answer the questions instantly, give the questions a few seconds thought or whatever.And don't be too shy, but don't be too overly confident! Good luck :huh:

I'm really bubbly and that..loved taking part..have u had one before?

I think they'll like the sound of that, seeing as (I assume) you know all your Health & Hygiene/Food Safety stuff, and the fact that it's in a football stadium proves you're used to working in a hectic environment! Permitting the job, you should fit in rather nicely! Same as Outfit said, just be yourself, take the time to think what you're going to say, if you have any questions, just ask (at the right time), and don't forget to SMILE! :huh: Love it!

I think they'll like the sound of that, seeing as (I assume) you know all your Health & Hygiene/Food Safety stuff, and the fact that it's in a football stadium proves you're used to working in a hectic environment! Permitting the job, you should fit in rather nicely! Same as Outfit said, just be yourself, take the time to think what you're going to say, if you have any questions, just ask (at the right time), and don't forget to SMILE! :huh: Love it!

Hahaha, Yeah I work at Reading Football Ground..It soo good.. Yeah its hetic..its like ahahhaha! Machines all ways bnreak at half time :( Cheers mate for the tips..Just dont wnat to muck it up :(I think people awaiting a reply..will prob get it friday after tomo's assements.Ry-Boi

Make sure you're about 15 minutes early, and allow extra time for delays etc. Just to add to whats been said, relax and have fun, if you're all tense and not getting into the swing of it and having a laugh it may lower your chances, but make sure you use good examples from your current job in the 1-to-1 interview, should help quite a bit.Asking questions is never a bad thing too.Good luck.