Jobs at Thorpe Park

RyanBeatsMinty07

Really quick question:I'm about to leave college and go looking for jobs. I would like to work at Thorpe Park, but I live in a place called Bedhampton and there is no way that I could buy a flat near buy or communte the two hours on the train or drive. Would I be stupid to try to apply for a job there until I have some money behiond me to buy a flat?

Really quick question:I'm about to leave college and go looking for jobs. I would like to work at Thorpe Park, but I live in a place called Bedhampton and there is no way that I could buy a flat near buy or communte the two hours on the train or drive. Would I be stupid to try to apply for a job there until I have some money behiond me to buy a flat?

How do you intend on getting to work then? Flying? :( Stupid Question.

Sorry I think applications have closed.

They're still open, infact a new position has been added for a Landscape Host, if any of you are interested in Gardening.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a warning to everyone. THORPE ARE NOT OFFERING RIDE POSITIONS TO UNDER 18'S. Found this out today :P They offered me admissions or enviro but I said I'd wait another year :'( I think this is really wrong, they should have emailed me to tell me this rather than make me come to the assessment, do all the tasks etc and then sit down for the interview and 'Right, we have you down for admissions, yes?' My heart sank when I heard this. :D

Thanks for the advice..

Just a warning to everyone. THORPE ARE NOT OFFERING RIDE POSITIONS TO UNDER 18'S. Found this out today :P They offered me admissions or enviro but I said I'd wait another year :'( I think this is really wrong, they should have emailed me to tell me this rather than make me come to the assessment, do all the tasks etc and then sit down for the interview and 'Right, we have you down for admissions, yes?' My heart sank when I heard this. :D

also I'm not that bothered if I'm not offered a position on r&a, as long as I get a job there. Its all a part of the experience.

After hearing that I'm kind of glad I didn't get an interview. I'd only ever take a job there if it was in R&A. I'd have been so peed off I I did the whole assessment day and then found out. I agree, they should have told you before the assessment centre. Especially for the likes of me who has to travel 2 hours each way.

After hearing that I'm kind of glad I didn't get an interview. I'd only ever take a job there if it was in R&A. I'd have been so peed off I I did the whole assessment day and then found out. I agree, they should have told you before the assessment centre. Especially for the likes of me who has to travel 2 hours each way.

When you apply it was a general application for all jobs. There was never a guarantee you would get R&A, you would be silly getting your hopes up for it aswell as its the most popular position available. I will post tomorrow when I get back and tell you how it was =]

When you apply it was a general application for all jobs. There was never a guarantee you would get R&A, you would be silly getting your hopes up for it aswell as its the most popular position available. I will post tomorrow when I get back and tell you how it was =]

Actually mate, it wasn't a general application, so I think you are silly one. You put down the departments you would be willing to work in, I only put rides so they should have at least warned me so I could of withdrewn my application.

Actually mate, it wasn't a general application, so I think you are silly one. You put down the departments you would be willing to work in, I only put rides so they should have at least warned me so I could of withdrewn my application.

I completely agree, I only put R&A too.

When did you apply? I have only seen the general application form. It does have all of the departments available but they will redirect you to the general page. There is no need to be rude I was only pointing out,

Enviro would be a good dept to go into, if you're that genuinely interested in working in a theme park atmosphere, this is the most customer focused position on park whatever people say.If you were that interested in the park as a good job, then it would have been advisable to take the offered jobs. It sounds like you're doing it just for the sheer 'lol I work on a 205ft rollercoaster' then you will get so very bored so very quickly - you're there to interact with guests, to make their days more enjoyable, to carry out H&S checks on ride vehicles and other equipment, not just for the novelty.Honest opinion, after working in a theme park for a year in a few different departments and also on many different rides - every department/job is as good as you make them!

Enviro would be a good dept to go into, if you're that genuinely interested in working in a theme park atmosphere, this is the most customer focused position on park whatever people say.If you were that interested in the park as a good job, then it would have been advisable to take the offered jobs. It sounds like you're doing it just for the sheer 'lol I work on a 205ft rollercoaster' then you will get so very bored so very quickly - you're there to interact with guests, to make their days more enjoyable, to carry out H&S checks on ride vehicles and other equipment, not just for the novelty.Honest opinion, after working in a theme park for a year in a few different departments and also on many different rides - every department/job is as good as you make them!

No I wouldn't just want to work to say 'oh bruv I worked on this sick coaster'. I want to work in rides as I wish to work in ride maintenance and believe it would be good experience and get on the career ladder. It's not really the theme park atmosphere I'm after, it the rides, they fascinate me, and to work on something as 'Beautiful' in an engineering sense, as say Stealth would be a dream come true. Plus my passion for coasters makes it a whole load better. I am not very good at focusing on things that dont motivate me, if I was to go into admissions/enviro I do not think I would do very good job and would end up either leaving or being fired, which is a too high risk for me to take, as I wish to work at Thorpe for as long as posible, it is where my passions lies.

No I wouldn't just want to work to say 'oh bruv I worked on this sick coaster'. I want to work in rides as I wish to work in ride maintenance and believe it would be good experience and get on the career ladder. It's not really the theme park atmosphere I'm after, it the rides, they fascinate me, and to work on something as 'Beautiful' in an engineering sense, as say Stealth would be a dream come true. Plus my passion for coasters makes it a whole load better. I am not very good at focusing on things that dont motivate me, if I was to go into admissions/enviro I do not think I would do very good job and would end up either leaving or being fired, which is a too high risk for me to take, as I wish to work at Thorpe for as long as posible, it is where my passions lies.

The novelty of working on the same rides day after day would wear off quickly. Then I'm not so sure you'd be very motivated anymore. Knowing you've made a guests day that bit better would probably be more motivating in the long run.