Jobs at Thorpe Park

RyanBeatsMinty07

No I wouldn't just want to work to say 'oh bruv I worked on this sick coaster'. I want to work in rides as I wish to work in ride maintenance and believe it would be good experience and get on the career ladder. It's not really the theme park atmosphere I'm after, it the rides, they fascinate me, and to work on something as 'Beautiful' in an engineering sense, as say Stealth would be a dream come true. Plus my passion for coasters makes it a whole load better. I am not very good at focusing on things that dont motivate me, if I was to go into admissions/enviro I do not think I would do very good job and would end up either leaving or being fired, which is a too high risk for me to take, as I wish to work at Thorpe for as long as posible, it is where my passions lies.

Well that's a fair point - many engineers did start off in Rides and after completing Winter Maintenance in Engineering team they got apprenticeships however taking a job role for one year in something that isn't as good can show you have enthusiasm and you can easily change departments.Good justification though, don't give up the dream though, honestly!

I was looking to appy this week as ive finally started to get a few things sorted (like completeing CV by the end of the week and Ill hava car in a few weeks) and the applying bit has dissapeared from their site :S I cant find it anywhere...this is desperate as I'm RELYING on this to all go to plan. WTF.

I just had a look for ya and it's still on there it just took about 5min to load but its all still there :) (btw you don't need a cv, I don't have one but thorpe still took me)just so you know, if you go for a f&b host or any host you'll be on £5.85 an hour, a ride op is on £6 an hour this year....hope that helps

Yeah I was mainly looking into R&A but it wasn't there. So I got scared and panic set in as I thought that was it, I'm Screwed! Someone just told me to go through the "2010 job opportunities" part now and you get to the same form. Panic over :)Thanks Hazzer anyway. Doing the maths, the pay only just covers traveling costs I've now realized :)

Well that's a fair point - many engineers did start off in Rides and after completing Winter Maintenance in Engineering team they got apprenticeships however taking a job role for one year in something that isn't as good can show you have enthusiasm and you can easily change departments.Good justification though, don't give up the dream though, honestly!

Hmm ive always wanted to do maintenence for the theme park industry. I recently did all my welding NVQ's as last time they recruited they asked for that and a degree in engineering. They had 3 engineering jobs going last year :) Do they really offer apprentiships ? Considering what is required that must cost the park a fortune I mean a recognised advanced welding course alone is like a grand :S

Yeah I was mainly looking into R&A but it wasn't there. So I got scared and panic set in as I thought that was it, I'm Screwed! Someone just told me to go through the "2010 job opportunities" part now and you get to the same form. Panic over :)Thanks Hazzer anyway. Doing the maths, the pay only just covers traveling costs I've now realized :)

if your over 18 you can normal ask to work more hours but you go into rides they might not be too happy with that - but most over depts will let ya though, like inviro I'll be doing 7am til an hour/2hrs after park shuts in april coz I'll be hitting 18 :)

Hey guys,I just got informed today that I got a job at Thorpe this year on Rides& Attractions. I just thought I would post quickly on here, as I will be looking for accommodation as I am currently nearly 4 hours away from Thorpe. HR are going to give me a hand, but if anyone has any advice or anyone I should call... Or indeed any other new staff looking for somewhere to share. Drop me a line, or reply to this!Cheers guys!

Hey guys,I just got informed today that I got a job at Thorpe this year on Rides& Attractions. I just thought I would post quickly on here, as I will be looking for accommodation as I am currently nearly 4 hours away from Thorpe. HR are going to give me a hand, but if anyone has any advice or anyone I should call... Or indeed any other new staff looking for somewhere to share. Drop me a line, or reply to this!Cheers guys!

Congratulations!Try somewhere close by such as Shepperton, Chertsey, Ashford, Staines or Wraysbury - might be worth getting a double room for yourself, as a lot of TP staff do have house shares together you might be able to get into.

good places to try are definitely staines and ashford - not too expensive but yeah try to get a house share with people as getting your own place would probably be more expensive. you could perhaps ask HR if you can put up a message in the canteen advertising well..yourself lol