RyanBeatsMinty07

Jobs at Thorpe Park

What is the usual amount of time that Merlin take to contact you after an application?

I applied back in January and went to the assessment etc and was told I had passed but there were no vacancies, so I was kept on file, then nearly 2 weeks ago I was randomly called and offered a position in Sales and Promotion. That might not help loads, but might give you a rough idea? :)

Can anyone tell me where the assessment centres at Thorpe are held?Is it still Green Offices?

I've been invited to the assessment centre for an interview for Fright Nights. Does anyone have any tips or advice they can give me? What can I expect on the day? Also, when do they tell you the outcome of your interview?

Thanks,

Hunter

Make memories that last forever & enjoy flexible working!

THORPE PARK Resort is hiring now!

Opportunities now available in:

Food and Beverage (http://tinyurl.com/Food-Beverage-Opportunities

)

Customer Service (http://tinyurl.com/Customer-Service-Opportunities

)

Music provided by https://soundcloud.com/twisterium

Thorpe are recruiting for this season, if anyone is interested.

Thorpe Park are currently hiring rides hosts (with a slim chance of being promoted to "operator")! 

https://merlin.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/1499?c=merlin

Main description (perks are shown on the site and include free entry) for future reference:

"This is truly a hands-on role. You’ll work in a designated area of the park to assist guests on and off rides, manage queue lines and you may even find yourself operating some of our rides, all whilst driving exceptional guest interaction. As you’d expect in a theme park, there are high company standards to maintain in regards to ride area cleanliness and health and safety, so an eye for detail and perseverance to upkeep the highest standards is key!"

Merged with the existing thread.

The official rule for working at Merlin is that you do not post anything about the business on social media. This includes posting anonymously, etc. The rule is essentially the same for other companies too.

In saying that, there are plenty of people who no doubt bend those rules. Especially in this day and age where social media is so important, staff posting about work (in a positive light) is probably a good thing. You only have to read between the lines of certain members' posts to see who those people are. Also, I'm sure that rule is pretty much thrown out the window these days given one of Thorpe's marketing team runs their own theme park fan site and regularly cross advertises the two...

There are a fair few people here who work in the industry, or have done (hello!). The big points you'll hear from anyone who has worked in the industry are...

-Pay. Pay is pretty minimal, regardless of department, until you reach very senior figures (at which point, it grows pretty exponentially). Working at a theme park / in the industry is a labour of love.

-Staffing. Most theme parks are seen as summer / weekend jobs for people, so usually attracts people who aren't that dedicated and could leave at the drop of a hat. That's true even for giants like Universal and Disney. That puts added pressure on those who do it out of a labour of love.

-Atmosphere. People working at parks, especially younger ones, will regularly mention how fun it is, how they make lifelong friends, etc. Working at a theme park, even through all the bad things, can be amazing.

In my experience, many people have a romanticised view of working at a theme park before they get there, especially theme park enthusiasts. You truly don't know what's it like until you've been there and done it.