Jobs at Thorpe Park

RyanBeatsMinty07

Hey can anyone answer me this question?I am 15 and would love to work in thorpe as a ride host: really just checking bars and jobs like that , firstly: Are they still recruiting for this season and would it be the right time to send in an application? andsecondly: Would it be possible for doing very flexible shift work? for example: it would probably be easier for me to work in the holidays, and I would be interested in doing things like 1 week in the easter break, 4 weeks in the summer and working in all of the half terms, for example. I would be willing to work all day, every day for these times, but didnt know if it is possible to do such flexible work. Thanks Paul

Well I was given the chance to be a ride host but unfortunately, it wasn't the easiest place to get to so I gave it a miss.You can submit an application online and they'll probably get back to you, I got a text which was totally unexpected.They said they were flexible as well, so I'm sure you could sort out something that is easy for you. Give it a go cos I think they're still looking.

Well I was given the chance to be a ride host but unfortunately, it wasn't the easiest place to get to so I gave it a miss.You can submit an application online and they'll probably get back to you, I got a text which was totally unexpected.They said they were flexible as well, so I'm sure you could sort out something that is easy for you. Give it a go cos I think they're still looking.

Ok thanks. I will give it a try :).

Generally you can organise it to be as flexible as you require, however you've probably missed the boat to be in rides for this season now. Keep an eye out for extra recruitment prior to summer and halloween.

I might always submit an application and see about starting a job for next year!Get organised lol :)

Judging by the recruitment website, Thorpe park have filled all the ride positions so you won't be able to do that. The only department left still asking for staff is Entertainments.

I might send in an application anyway, they might need some extra ride hosts for the busy periods (easter, summer break for example.) It's worth a try.

The jobs for the season have all been filled at thorpe this year but keep looking as they will add jobs when they need staff. The entertainment positions are for returning Top Rockers staff so you wont be able to apply for that either.Currently Legoland are looking for rides staff and although not the same as Thorpe it will give you an idea of what working at a theme park is like. In answer to your question bubbly I dont think there are any members who work behind the scenes at Thorpe on the site as Merlin do not allow staff to post information etc on these sites. Therefore you are unlikely to find full time staff on here.

I might be wrong but I am pretty sure there are no behind the scenes on here. Yeah Merlin are very strict with things like that, so it is hard for staff when they have to bite their tounge lol. Seasonal staff are more likely to be on here as the parks dont bother as much with them as long as nothing out of term is said about the parks. As everyone on here are lovely people you can ask us anything and we will happily help.

I know a person who is 14 and does food and drink

Are you talking about that they are 14 years old?I called up the Thorpe Park Recruitment Centre, and surprisingly, found out that the age restriction of working as a ride host in only 15. She said that to be an operator, you have to be 16+, but the age requirement for jobs like checking bars and suchlike is only 15.

Are you talking about that they are 14 years old?I called up the Thorpe Park Recruitment Centre, and surprisingly, found out that the age restriction of working as a ride host in only 15. She said that to be an operator, you have to be 16+, but the age requirement for jobs like checking bars and suchlike is only 15.

Thats incorrect, considering to be an operator you have to be 18 and undergo testing and you have to be 16 to become legally employed anyway.

Thats incorrect, considering to be an operator you have to be 18 and undergo testing and you have to be 16 to become legally employed anyway.

Oh ok. I did think twice about Merlin employing people under the age of 16 for any jobs - whether it be ride related or anything else within the park.

I know a person who is 14 and does food and drink

Impossible. It's against the law. It's not possible, because Thorpe wouldn't have employed them. At the Assessment Centre you need to provide documents which prove you have the right to work in the UK, and this would have you D.O.B on it.Wherever/Whoever told you that is incorrect.

• 3 weeks later...

<--- Clearly wanting to work at TP, but need to get my own car first. I share my dads car and I cant take him to work then work all day and pick him up etc, its clearly impossible. 20-30 mins driving, maybe more depending on traffic. May have to build up some cash to buy a car, then apply. And by the time I have the cash ill be 18 too (end of may). Which means I can apply for any place. I have £3000 I could try and dip into out of the bank, but my insurance on my dads car runs out in december, do you think its worth waiting to let the insurance run out and get my own car or do you think I should buy my own car asap and apply straight away?EDIT:- worked out I would only lose about £50 a week in petrol :)